[NSR] What's Pissing you off Today? II
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...272829Next
Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:34 pm quote
When my daughter had the tiny Prius c, it was a game to see how long you could drive under only ev power, and to maximize the mpg score on the dash.

Yeah, slow and steady, just like the tortoise
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:50 pm quote
Larrytsg wrote:
When my daughter had the tiny Prius c, it was a game to see how long you could drive under only ev power, and to maximize the mpg score on the dash.

Awesome, unless you are the rabbit stuck behind the tortoise
Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:21 pm quote
You just need to readjust your definition of fun!

Or maybe I'm getting old... hmmm?
Hooked
bv350, Brutale 910
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:05 pm quote
speaking of rabbit and tortoise...

I out split a CHiP today before the entrance of a freeway (110, for those in Cali) and got to the stop line while he was stuck behind a car. 3 minutes after the light turns green he pulls me over for doing 65 in 55, claiming I was going 70. I apologized for not seeing the reduced speed sign as I hardly ride that stretch, and he let me go w/ a warning.

Me thinks he was upset cause I took off running faster than his fat ol Harley from the stop light.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:39 pm quote
Larrytsg wrote:
You just need to readjust your definition of fun!

Or maybe I'm getting old... hmmm?
If you are not keeping up with traffic ahead of you are an intrusion on the road IMHO.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:36 am quote
Some bitch just ran a red light in front of me, luckily I do the look both ways as crossing an intersection. She came flying out from between two rows of stopped cars and went flying by in front of me doing about 50 mph. If I hadn't seen her she would have broadsided me doing at least 50 mph. Damn BITCH!!!!
Almost went after her ass, but glad I didn't I might have ended up in jail.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:42 pm quote
Cell Phones
Cell phones. Not for the reasons most here probably think of when that is brought up in a "What's pissing you off" thread.

Tonight wife and I decided to do frozen pizza from local grocery store for supper.

We had just started getting some snow before I took off on maybe a five mile drive to the store, most on a narrow country road with no real shoulders and deep ditches. It was just dusk when I left and I did not turn headlights on before I left.

I do not have hands free cell phone set up in the Rav4 and carry the cell phone in pants pocket so did not hear the "knock knock" sound it makes when a text comes in till I was in the store. I checked the message while picking out the pizzas and saw where she sent "Don't forget the head lights!" As reception in the store can be spotty and I already planed on calling her with the temperature to set the oven to I figured I'd wait till I was out of the store.

Once out in the car checked the message again and as she had sent it from her cell phone I left a voice mail reply on her cell phone, figured she had taken the dogs outside was the reason she did not answer.

Now just after I get back on the main road and then turn up the country road I start getting incoming calls on cell phone, but as I don't have a hands free set up I don't know right off who was calling so figured it could wait as there was no easy way to pull over to take the call. Roads had by now a couple inches of slimy snow and I would be in my driveway in ten minutes at the most!

Get home to the wife all upset at me thinking I had been killed in major accident or something because I had not found a place to pull over and see what she was wanting.

I guess what pisses me off about the dam cell phones is now that so many people have got used to having instant connection with everyone in the world they go into some panic mode if it takes ten minutes to make contact.

Have to wonder how any of us old farts managed to survive back in the days when if you need to contact someone while not at home or office you had to find a payphone and then hope you had some change in your pocket to use it. that's is some SOB had not smashed it to steel a hand full of quarters!

OK Rant over for now!
Ossessionato
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:41 am quote
Larrytsg wrote:

I could imagine that the MPG and electron flow readout on the dash of the Prius could be a big distraction for some drivers. Anyone else feel this way?
Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:53 am quote
Oh, most definitely distracting. The mpg readout is high on the dash, but I always felt drawn to it.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:55 am quote
Vintage1 wrote:
Larrytsg wrote:

I could imagine that the MPG and electron flow readout on the dash of the Prius could be a big distraction for some drivers. Anyone else feel this way?
Could be. I had an Under driver in a BMW hybrid that had something like that and he seemed fascinated by it. Mind you it was about an hour long trip so we had plenty to talk about.
Ossessionato
BV350, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:15 pm quote
Feeling sorry for myself.

Last edited by JKJ-FZ6 on Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Molto Verboso
1980 P125X, 1980 P200E , 2005 Stella 177
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:25 pm quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
Arthritis. Too fat. Anxiety. Won't end til I die.
This...
Hooked
2020 GTS HPE 300, 2013 GTS 300ie
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:09 pm quote
Vintage1 wrote:
It was at first, but it got old when I realized I got better gas mileage driving it normally than trying to drive to maximize economy. Go figure. Had a 2011 Prius, still have the 2014, and just got a 2020 Rav4 hybrid
Hooked
bv350, Brutale 910
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:21 am quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
Some bitch just ran a red light in front of me, luckily I do the look both ways as crossing an intersection.
Ditto last night. I literally stared at her headlights as she ignored the red in her POS Caddy SRX (Seriously, who drives those things). This was a major intersection w/ left turn lights. She didn't even apologize. I think the hi-viz gear might've saved me.

Though.. if she broadsided me I would've gotten a nice settlement + new scoot and maybe some disability insurance...
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:47 pm quote
On of my friends got married out of the blue and never invited me.

I hope he and his hubby are happy.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, Something Chinese
Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:57 am quote
znomit wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Weddings are such special occasions. The way I see it, not inviting you was their loss.

You can get them off your Christmas card list now!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:09 am quote
Bummer about the wedding but hey you saved on the getting a gift part I suppose. I remember going over the list with my first wife, what a nightmare. Her mother was a politician so was made more complicated as a result.

Right now we're struggling with our cottage rentals for the summer. With 2 dogs it really limits the options as most places don't allow them. With a 15 year old dog she has to come with us as she can't be left with anyone. The 4 year old we could get friends to watch but not the old girl. So far we have our usual 2 rented and are looking for one or two more. Think we might do this one in August - https://www.cottagesincanada.com/25017
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:40 pm quote
Max6200 wrote:
znomit wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Weddings are such special occasions. The way I see it, not inviting you was their loss.

You can get them off your Christmas card list now!
Addicted
2013 GTS 300ie
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:10 pm quote
Discovered that at best I can't trust my local dealership for anything and at worst they're taking advantage of me.

Bought my Triumph back in middle of December. They said they rolled the accessories I wanted into the loan. The first of the accessories (engine bars and rear rack) come in and I ask about when the others, heated grips and touring tall windshield specifically, are expected. Whoops, they didn't include the heated grips. Okay, it had been a hectic Saturday...I'll let it slide. Ordered grips. Get charged installation for bars and rack. Wait...I thought that was rolled into the loan? O...kay, I must have been mistaken. Not gonna make a scene. Buy 3-year/6-service plan since it's still within the purchase grace period that had been discussed at bike purchase. Discover center stand had ALSO been left out of the loan. Seriously? I had gone on about how a center stand is vital to me for like 10 minutes. Whatever. I'll roll with it. I ask about ordering an SAE to coaxial adaptor for my heated gloves. He tells me to order it online. ???

Come in today for scheduled install of windshield, center stand, and 500-mile service. Get asked when I'm going to schedule my -600- mile service. Umm...the manual says -500- and I scheduled it on Friday. That's half of why I'm here. Get my bike back and...that's a flyscreen. WTF?? I say something to the shop manager and...nope, that's what we ordered. I say, nooo...I talked to all of you in turns about this. Remember? I specifically mentioned how I wanted a TALL screen, but wanted to make sure it wasn't "Vespa tall" wind-sail tall. He remembers. I offer to wait while they take the flyscreen off if they need to, he says to not worry, ride with it until we get yours in and we'll swap them, ordering now. Settle up for today's work. I figure I'm just paying for accessory installs since some of the others didn't have the labor rolled into the price paid. I get a receipt this time.
Get home and glance over receipt. NOPE. I just paid a total of $350: $141 for "inspect and report with chain cleaning" and $209 for the 600 MILE SERVICE. W. T. F!!

So...NOW I'm a bit pissed off. My plan had been to try to do 50k miles in three years to get the full use of the service plan. Looks like that goal is now 60k in under three years, any more parts are being ordered and installed myself...and that damned windshield better be right.
Molto Verboso
1980 P125X, 1980 P200E , 2005 Stella 177
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:12 pm quote
All i can say is make sure you get a printout of all included accessories with part numbers and confirm that are the ones you want before you sign. Sucks though. At least the service plan you can argue easily for a refund since you have it included and a receipt for it. Sounds to me like people there don't pay attention.
Addicted
2013 GTS 300ie
Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:49 am quote
swiss1939 wrote:
All i can say is make sure you get a printout of all included accessories with part numbers and confirm that are the ones you want before you sign. Sucks though. At least the service plan you can argue easily for a refund since you have it included and a receipt for it. Sounds to me like people there don't pay attention.
Yeah, I should've done that. I made the mistake of trusting. It's been biting me in the blind spot a LOT lately.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:17 am quote
Well, more eye-rolling than being pissed off but....

My 88 year-old, technologically illiterate mother decided to ditch her expensive land line ($75/month, really??) for a smart phone. My sister and I had decided she should have a simple cell phone for roadside and other emergencies, but she never remembered to charge it, and I think she never got the hang of it (such as actually pushing the send button after entering the number ).

So, enter the smart phone. A friend took her up to get it, and supposedly they helped her set it up. Later that day a neighbor came up to help her again with some detail.

She came up to visit me yesterday, I spent 45 minutes adding contacts and going over basic calling functions, etc. She called me last night, and I thought everything was going fine for the moment until she announced that the neighbor came up again because she wasn't able to call out.

This could be a very long month.....
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:03 am quote
fledermaus wrote:

My 88 year-old, technologically illiterate mother decided to ditch her expensive land line ($75/month, really??) for a smart phone. My sister and I had decided she should have a simple cell phone for roadside and other emergencies, but she never remembered to charge it, and I think she never got the hang of it (such as actually pushing the send button after entering the number ).

So, enter the smart phone. A friend took her up to get it, and supposedly they helped her set it up. Later that day a neighbor came up to help her again with some detail.

She came up to visit me yesterday, I spent 45 minutes adding contacts and going over basic calling functions, etc. She called me last night, and I thought everything was going fine for the moment until she announced that the neighbor came up again because she wasn't able to call out.

Ha! I feel your pain. This is also ironically why I do no IT support for any family members but my wife even though I own an IT support company. I have admittedly had an employee help my family though.. so much easier that way.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:08 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
fledermaus wrote:

Ha! I feel your pain. This is also ironically why I do no IT support for any family members but my wife even though I own an IT support company. I have admittedly had an employee help my family though.. so much easier that way.
There you go again with your wife. Have you ever heard of non-binary language?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:00 am quote
Max6200 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
fledermaus wrote:

Dude, he has a wife. What is the problem with it?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:47 am quote
Madison Sully wrote:
Max6200 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
fledermaus wrote:

Dude, he has a wife. What is the problem with it?
First of all don't call me dude. I'm not a dude. He has a wife all right but is she really relevant?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:33 am quote
Wow someone got piss in their cornflakes. Dude is FWIW a pretty generic term used as a catchall in many parts of North America. It's far from an insult and nothing to lash out about. It's a guy thing and many of us use it. Assuming you are male is not really a stretch.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:34 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
Wow someone got piss in their cornflakes. Dude is FWIW a pretty generic term used as a catchall in many parts of North America. It's far from an insult and nothing to lash out about. It's a guy thing and many of us use it. Assuming you are male is not really a stretch.
Speak for yourself.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:34 am quote
Max6200 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Speak for yourself.
I will thanks and the negative karma as always appreciated.
Ossessionato
Vespa GTS Kymco AK550
Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:43 am quote
Chill
I suspect someone's meds are playing up.......
eeee-bip
Benelli TNT 125/Kymco AK550 I don't care. You can quote me.
Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:54 am quote
Slap
I'm entitled to agree with you Ash.

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:42 pm quote
Right now it is WatchGuard Firewall pissing me off. I got sucked in to helping a friend. He was a senior associate at an architecture firm we manage and he decided to break off and form his own firm and I took him under retainer for a really good fee. Long story short we push almost all our clients to Cisco Meraki units but in this case money was tight and WatchGuard had some kind of deal on. Anyway it's been so-so with the thing over the last few years but now I have an employee over there spinning his wheels with the damn thing and I'm also having to login to work on it. Ugh, the interface sucks and I get so tired of paywalls.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:36 pm quote
Harbinger wrote:
Right now it is WatchGuard Firewall pissing me off. I got sucked in to helping a friend.
WatchGuard Firewalls SUCK
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:22 am quote
Sunday night I got 3.5 hours sleep, and worked all day Monday with no issues due to the lack of sleep.

Last night I got 7.5 hours sleep, and I feel exhausted today. I'm having a hard time concentrating, and just want to take a nap.
Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2006 Vespa GT (Crash): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 (Zoom): 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Max),
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:10 pm quote
As usual, when I start a big ride, I find that I am heading into a headwind.

Today I headed southwest to Brooksville and St. Petersburg.

Of course, the wind was coming out of the southwest at 10 to 15 mph.

So into the wind for 300 miles today.

I am certain that it will shift to the northeast for my return ride home.

I hope my luck changes soon.

Bill
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:47 pm quote
Harbinger wrote:
Max6200 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Speak for yourself.
I will thanks and the negative karma as always appreciated.
You are flaming. Not making any sense anymore.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:58 pm quote
Flame watch
You have been reported.
Addicted
Vespa GTS Super
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:08 am quote
This place is hilarious these days, reporting him for what exactly?
Addicted

Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:33 am quote
Cannot log into either my credit union or bank this morning! Happens too often!
Ossessionato
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Moto Guzzi Airone 250 Sport 1951
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:46 am quote
fledermaus wrote:

https://www.onedirect.it/motorola-fw200l-telefono-fisso-con-sim?fee=10&fep=111720&LGWCODE=MOFW200L;123779;2389&gclid=CjwKCAiA4Y7yBRB8EiwADV1hadFtV44iyvsS-efEyMpsatRhr_Brv9N_o4Dz6IaCr7ffFJ0Z2accBBoCMfcQAvD_BwE

Table phone with sim card.
Rallies Europe 2016   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...272829Next
[ Time: 0.1913s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0666s) ][ Debug on ]