[NSR] What's Pissing you off Today? II
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...272829
Ossessionato
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:02 am quote
Max6200 wrote:
You have been reported.
Be sure to let us know how that works out for you.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:49 am quote
Company I work for throwing a 5'x'5 bin of electronics in the trash instead of recycling them. Not illegal in Va shows no "Integrity" which is number 1 on the list of the company creed. I refused to assist in doing so. I said it was like dumping used oil on the ground
Integrity my fricken ASS. Bunch of fricken religious hypocrites is what they are
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:16 am quote
Max6200 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Max6200 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Wow someone got piss in their cornflakes. Dude is FWIW a pretty generic term used as a catchall in many parts of North America. It's far from an insult and nothing to lash out about. It's a guy thing and many of us use it. Assuming you are male is not really a stretch.
Speak for yourself.
I will thanks and the negative karma as always appreciated.
You are flaming. Not making any sense anymore.
Actually I'm cisgender but do try to keep an open mind and be welcoming to all.
eeee-bip
Benelli TNT 125/Kymco AK550 I don't care. You can quote me.
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:18 am quote
Gift
I honestly have no idea what that means.

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:26 am quote
Re: Gift
Bill Dog wrote:

Bill x
English is a funny language and I'm sure someone here will get the joke. BTW that's all it is, a joke. I couldn't resist though and it is kinda funny when you get it. I am however cisgender and stand by that statement.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:56 am quote
Attila wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
Well, more eye-rolling than being pissed off but....

My 88 year-old, technologically illiterate mother decided to ditch her expensive land line ($75/month, really??) for a smart phone. My sister and I had decided she should have a simple cell phone for roadside and other emergencies, but she never remembered to charge it, and I think she never got the hang of it (such as actually pushing the send button after entering the number ).

So, enter the smart phone. A friend took her up to get it, and supposedly they helped her set it up. Later that day a neighbor came up to help her again with some detail.

She came up to visit me yesterday, I spent 45 minutes adding contacts and going over basic calling functions, etc. She called me last night, and I thought everything was going fine for the moment until she announced that the neighbor came up again because she wasn't able to call out.

This could be a very long month.....
https://www.onedirect.it/motorola-fw200l-telefono-fisso-con-sim?fee=10&fep=111720&LGWCODE=MOFW200L;123779;2389&gclid=CjwKCAiA4Y7yBRB8EiwADV1hadFtV44iyvsS-efEyMpsatRhr_Brv9N_o4Dz6IaCr7ffFJ0Z2accBBoCMfcQAvD_BwE

Table phone with sim card.
Well, that's an interesting option... But does she need to learn Italian?
Ossessionato
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Moto Guzzi Airone 250 Sport 1951
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:24 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
Well, that's an interesting option... But does she need to learn Italian?
You don't need to know Italian, just brand and model.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 am quote
Ugh... we have been so spoilt this winter but not today. Today is the 2nd day I've had to go heated vest/gloves and a balaclava for my morning commute and it was a chilly one. Hopefully this is just a brief cold snap and we aren't headed for a late spring. We've had a couple of winters that have started late with the cold and hung around pretty late. I bought a heated helmet/visor and have been slacking with getting it hooked up. I think I may want to get around to that, couldn't put the visor down unless I was really moving this morning and downtown TO traffic is not really know allowing that.

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 8.21.07 AM.png

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, Something Chinese
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:47 am quote
Gedmunds wrote:
This place is hilarious these days, reporting him for what exactly?
Flaming.
Addicted
Vespa GTS Super
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:29 am quote
This forum is a joke these days, some of you seriously need to get out a bit more.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:31 am quote
Gedmunds wrote:
This forum is a joke these days, some of you seriously need to get out a bit more.
Cabin fever is setting in.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:20 am quote
Max6200 wrote:
Gedmunds wrote:
Corona Cabin Fever, the new novel one, apparently.
Way, way worse than any run of the mill cabin "fever", which until now has been loosely associated with disco, bingo, and the waltz.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:30 am quote
Madison Sully wrote:
Max6200 wrote:
Gedmunds wrote:
Way, way worse than any run of the mill cabin "fever", which until now has been loosely associated with disco, bingo, and the waltz.
Whatever it is it's making me want to come unhinged. Oh wait that has happened already.

Moving along. I'll just come unglued next time.🤠
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:33 am quote
Madison Sully wrote:
Max6200 wrote:
Gedmunds wrote:
Maybe, seems that way a little but not as bad as SARS. I'm seeing less people wearing masks and less panic this time and I've live in the same place then which is only a few blocks from Chinatown. SARS really hurt a lot of businesses and it not that bad here or at least not yet.

Yeah this place has gotten a little crazy but hopefully it settles down soon. I'll put my faith in the moderators and I understand that moderating a place like this is not an easy thing to do.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:35 pm quote
Harbinger wrote:
Yeah this place has gotten a little crazy but hopefully it settles down soon. I'll put my faith in the moderators and I understand that moderating a place like this is not an easy thing to do.
And maybe a little forgiveness from your heart.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:05 pm quote
Max6200 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Sure.

We all have our own demons to fight and occasionally go tilting at windmills, it happens. There are a lot of great folks here with stories to tell and knowledge to pass along both in life and scooter maintenance. I think there is a book out there kind of along those lines.

The more we try and get along and the more civil we are to each other the better this place is. There are other boards out there for the other stuff.

If you don't get along with someone or something they do gets user your skin for whatever reason just ignore them or come to terms with each other. That's something I need to learn myself and it isn't easy.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:08 pm quote
Harbinger wrote:
Max6200 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Sure.

We all have our own demons to fight and occasionally go tilting at windmills, it happens. There are a lot of great folks here with stories to tell and knowledge to pass along both in life and scooter maintenance. I think there is a book out there kind of along those lines.

The more we try and get along and the more civil we are to each other the better this place is. There are other boards out there for the other stuff.

If you don't get along with someone or something they do gets user your skin for whatever reason just ignore them or come to terms with each other. That's something I need to learn myself and it isn't easy.
MV if not allowing me to give you another thumbs up. But you deserve it.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:09 pm quote
Max6200 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Max6200 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Sure.

MV if not allowing me to give you another thumbs up. But you deserve it.
Thanks Max.
Molto Verboso
1980 P125X, 1980 P200E , 2005 Stella 177
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:02 pm quote
Harbinger wrote:
Maybe, seems that way a little but not as bad as SARS. I'm seeing less people wearing masks and less panic this time and I've live in the same place then which is only a few blocks from Chinatown. SARS really hurt a lot of businesses and it not that bad here or at least not yet.
Maybe not as bad as SARS for your area, but this outbreak has been worse in terms of infected/deaths for at least a week now worldwide. I did not know until I just looked it up, but SARS did make it to Toronto in 2003 so yeah I can see how that would take its toll in your local area. AFAIK, Coronavirus has not made it to Toronto or NYC yet, I think I did hear of one person in Boston infected a few days ago.

I'm not one to panic or have been worried about this at all, and still aren't.

SARS outbreak 2003 total infected 8,096, todal deaths 774, fatality = 9.6%:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severe_acute_respiratory_syndrome#Toronto

Coronavirus outbreak as of today: ~65,000 infected, 1384 deaths, fatality = 2.14%
https://www.livescience.com/new-china-coronavirus-faq.html

Coronavirus is more easily transmissible, but not as fatal as of today.

I also swear I saw a headline yesterday that some researchers were able to find an antidote something like 3 hrs after receiving a sample of the virus. But I did not read the article to see if it was legit, nor can I find the article now.

EDIT: I apologize, I thought I was replying to a comment of yours in the Coronavirus thread, didn't realize it was the pissed off thread. I'm not pissed.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:50 am quote
swiss1939 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Maybe not as bad as SARS for your area, but this outbreak has been worse in terms of infected/deaths for at least a week now worldwide. I did not know until I just looked it up, but SARS did make it to Toronto in 2003 so yeah I can see how that would take its toll in your local area. AFAIK, Coronavirus has not made it to Toronto or NYC yet, I think I did hear of one person in Boston infected a few days ago.

I'm not one to panic or have been worried about this at all, and still aren't.

SARS outbreak 2003 total infected 8,096, todal deaths 774, fatality = 9.6%:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severe_acute_respiratory_syndrome#Toronto

Coronavirus outbreak as of today: ~65,000 infected, 1384 deaths, fatality = 2.14%
https://www.livescience.com/new-china-coronavirus-faq.html

Coronavirus is more easily transmissible, but not as fatal as of today.

I also swear I saw a headline yesterday that some researchers were able to find an antidote something like 3 hrs after receiving a sample of the virus. But I did not read the article to see if it was legit, nor can I find the article now.

EDIT: I apologize, I thought I was replying to a comment of yours in the Coronavirus thread, didn't realize it was the pissed off thread. I'm not pissed.
Well posting in the wrong thread can piss you off So there you go...

We'll see what happens with this but here the news has really slowed down. Page one of the big paper in TO has nothing on it and the big national paper has a story but realties to the issues in China with the virus and nothing here at home. This is not I think going to be the "big" one but it's scary to think that with all the science and technology we have today a major outbreak can really, really cause problems. It's really only been I guess not much more than 50-60 years that flying has been commonplace for the public. That's a blip in history and a major outbreak with all the International travel now would be bad news. From the looks of things this outbreak has been handled pretty well in trying to contain it and the media hasn't overhyped it too much, at least over here. Mind you , you still can't buy a surgical mask here for love or money as they've been sold out for weeks.

Pissing me off today? This damn cold. It's freezing here and the wind is picking up. My riding is strictly task oriented now, so work and groceries only etc. Got stuck in traffic yesterday without my heated glove liners and I thought my finger tips would snap off. Can't use the heated grips in stop and go traffic as the battery indicator kicks in and the grips turn off. I'm going to look in to fixing that for next winter. At least I has it changed so they were re-wired to turn off with the bike otherwise if you forget to turn them off good luck starting the next morning.

Just to prove how crazy Canadians can be... Yes that is an open patio today.

969F418E-3785-4554-9C19-95C5E51FD15D.jpeg

Ossessionato
1964 GS 160 MK II, 1967 Vespa GT, 1968 SS180, 1964 Vespa GL, 1964 Vespa VBB, 2006 Buddy 125, 2013 BMW C650GT
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:16 am quote
2 days of heat, tapping, PB blaster, torqueing, almost breaking, torching, tapping etc etc.

Don't use fu&*ing thread lock red on caliper bracket bolts ok.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:55 pm quote
swiss1939 wrote:
It's so virulent that it's infecting other threads too.
Ossessionato
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold)
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:58 pm quote
ScooterRaton wrote:
2 days of heat, tapping, PB blaster, torqueing, almost breaking, torching, tapping etc etc.

Don't use fu&*ing thread lock red on caliper bracket bolts ok.
..and this is the thread for feeling BLUE
Molto Verboso
1980 P125X, 1980 P200E , 2005 Stella 177
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:02 pm quote
znomit wrote:
swiss1939 wrote:
It's so virulent that it's infecting other threads too.
Lol.
Ossessionato
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold)
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:05 pm quote
Harbinger wrote:
Ugh... we have been so spoilt this winter but not today. Today is the 2nd day I've had to go heated vest/gloves and a balaclava for my morning commute and it was a chilly one. Hopefully this is just a brief cold snap and we aren't headed for a late spring. We've had a couple of winters that have started late with the cold and hung around pretty late. I bought a heated helmet/visor and have been slacking with getting it hooked up. I think I may want to get around to that, couldn't put the visor down unless I was really moving this morning and downtown TO traffic is not really know allowing that.
-30? You haven't lived. I used to live out west in the real Ontario on the shores of Superior. Didn't plug the car in until -25, if you could find it when parked outside. Car tyres would be square or felt like it at -40.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:17 am quote
waspmike wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
-30? You haven't lived. I used to live out west in the real Ontario on the shores of Superior. Didn't plug the car in until -25, if you could find it when parked outside. Car tyres would be square or felt like it at -40.
I'm from Montreal so believe me I also know. However once you haven't been exposed for a while you lose some tolerance. Sort of like spicy food. Growing up plugging in the block heater was just a daily chore and we were all skilled at pushing cars out of ruts.

Funny thing is I remember as mods we were OK in the winter as you coukd get cold weather fish tail parkas and other warmer types of clothing fit the style. Rude boys dressed similar to mods so same deal. Chelsea's and Skinheads ( I hung with SHARPies) yeah a little tougher to stay warm as they loved their flight jackets and of course DM's. DM's were a terrible winter boot though maybe they have one now. The soles were slippery as hell on ice and they weren't lined at all.

I figure that's fitting commentary for a Vespa site that uses the mod rondel

Anyway today is beautiful and it's mind boggling it can go from freezing cold and having to wire up to riding without even the need for a neck warmer in less than 24 hours. If it is like this tomorrow I will be heading to the self serve car wash for a long overdue hose down of the rig.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:29 pm quote
The fun is over now. At least until the next snow storm.

Screenshot_20200217-082734.png

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:15 pm quote
Wet afternoon here. Tow truck at a roundabout collecting a dropped scooter. Cop in attendance. Hope rider was ok.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:41 pm quote
Re: Gift
Bill Dog wrote:

Bill x
Cisgender means that you identify with the gender on your birth certificate.
Molto Verboso
Gina, 1965 Vespa 180SS, Bella,1968 Vespa 150 Super, (Both NZ new Airco assembled), Francesca, 2006 Vespa LX150, Sofia, 2007 Vespa GT200
Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:10 am quote
znomit wrote:
Wet afternoon here. Tow truck at a roundabout collecting a dropped scooter. Cop in attendance. Hope rider was ok.
Yeah, hope the riderís okay; but you had rain? In the North Island? How did that happen?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:25 am quote
pigletpilot wrote:
znomit wrote:
Yeah, hope the riderís okay; but you had rain? In the North Island? How did that happen?
Heavy rain, coincided exactly with my kids school triathlon. Many unprepared parents would love to comment in this thread!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:23 am quote
I've been a bad boy and we got kicked out from the what is cheering me up thread. I totally deserved it.

But what do I do now when I am cheerful?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:01 am quote
Max6200 wrote:
I've been a bad boy and we got kicked out from the what is cheering me up thread. I totally deserved it.

But what do I do now when I am cheerful?
Guess we wait for a part II . It'd be unethical for one of us to do it though

So until then I guess we post wherever the thought will work best.
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:27 am quote
Not really pissing me off, more like stressing me out:

My mother wants to move back to the Dallas area, and is "expecting" my help, but hasn't asked for it. Well, the only thing she's asked for is to look at two places where she considered moving to. I didn't need to visit them, I know the area(s), and could make a recommendation from that (no).

About 10 years ago, when she moved back to Wisconsin, she stayed with my older brother and his family while she looked for a place. It was only supposed to be for a month or two. It ended up being closer to a year. She wanted to be close to her granddaughter (their child), but ended up moving to the other side of town. She doesn't drive, so it was on them to haul themselves across town to visit her when she wanted to see them. It ended up causing my brother to break all contact with her. Her emails to him get filtered directly to the trash. I don't want that to happen with me.

A little (more) background: My parents divorced when I was 4 or 5 years old, and my two brothers and I ended up with our dad. I have no memories of her being "mom" to us prior to the divorce. My earliest visual memory of her is from the summer between 1st & 2nd grade, when my dad sent us to live with her in Dallas while he moved the household back to Wisconsin from South Carolina. She did not participate in my upbringing, not even financially. I saw her maybe once every year or two. She's more like an aunt to me than a mother.

In one email she said she "expects" to be able to stay with us for a few days, but hasn't asked us.

Just venting. I know I need to talk with her about it, and clarify things.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:14 am quote
monogodo wrote:

Holy cow, you've got a challenge there. Kind of like walking through a minefield. Family stuff can be tough.....good luck!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:19 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
monogodo wrote:

Holy cow, you've got a challenge there. Kind of like walking through a minefield. Family stuff can be tough.....good luck!
Yup... family stuff can be one hell of a ride. Good luck x2 here!
Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:53 pm quote
What's Pissing me off today? I installed 10 shutters in a customer's home, and those things are a bear to get just right. Customer is pretty happy (who in the heck puts plantation shutters on a house in Pennsylvania anyway?), but noticed one of the shutters is scratched. Shoot, shoot, double shoot. I am on hold with the manufacturer and I have to send them a pic of the minor light scratches.... I know they pack these things well, and there's no way we scratched it, because we treat these things like delicate little flowers.

And I still have one last one to install, next Tuesday. A shutter on a sliding patio door.... I just don't understand people.

And they didn't give me enough hardware or glue in my order!

Good thing I have my doggies at home.... they make a hard day better.
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:16 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
monogodo wrote:

Yup... family stuff can be one hell of a ride. Good luck x2 here!
Thanks, guys.

I spoke with her today. She's pushing the move back to August. Her sister (my godmother) passed away last year, and they've finally gotten around to setting up the funeral mass for her this coming July. My mother really wants to attend it. She mentioned in her last email to me that if she's not able to set up the move on April 1, she'd push it to August 1, so that she could attend that mass. I suggested that she should push it to that date anyway, because it gives her more time to save for the move, and saves her having to pay to travel back up there for the mass. She agreed that's a good idea.

I feel a little better about it, but still have to discuss other issues with her.
Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...272829
[ Time: 0.3295s ][ Queries: 27 (0.1872s) ][ Debug on ]