[NSR] What's Pissing you off Today? II
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...3132333435Next
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Mon May 04, 2020 10:13 am quote
Some may remember way back on April 20th where I mentioned a doctors appointment with a neurologist to get a nerve block was canceled well a few days ago got a call saying my appointment was being rescheduled to this Wednesday morning. Okay guess that will work!

Well a couple hours ago we get a call with a number on the caller ID that only shows a number so as usual we let it go to voice mail. Turns out it was another call from the neurologist's office saying all office appointments were now being handled by a video conferencing program

Guess wife did not want to try doing a nerve block by watching a YouTube video so she call and they said:

"Sorry `bout that! You can come in for the appointment after all!"
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni
Mon May 04, 2020 2:31 pm quote
Re: Don't touch the kill switch
Max6200 wrote:
That pissed me off yesterday. I had groceries everywhere.
Had to deal with the mask thing, my goggles were getting hazy, the wind was blowing at 40 miles an hour gusts, and I used the kill switch to turn off my bike. Put the groceries away I left the bike in the ignition on position for about 30 minutes. Yeah I hit the kill switch I left the key in the ignition. Good thing I have a brand new battery. 🐝
You don't need to wear a mask when you are riding.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Kitted Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Mon May 18, 2020 3:29 pm quote
Our old girl is on her way out, not sure how much longer but she has been slipping fast. Sheís not in any pain and so we just make sure she is comfortable. At 15 sheís had one hell of a run and while she has been lethargic before and not eaten for a few days I think this one she may not come back from. Weíre prepared for it but the floodgates have still opened up a few times. I need to get my eyes checked as they seem to leak once in a while since Sheila has gone in to this funk.

7EAF5444-1548-474D-8BDB-9ED843CC503E.jpeg

Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Mon May 18, 2020 5:31 pm quote
Aw, harb, thatís a rough ride.

No matter how old they are, or how long youíve had them, Iím never prepared to lose one.

It doesnít always help, but remember itís the circle of life, unfortunately we live much longer than our canine companions, so this is all too often a part of companionship.
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Mon May 18, 2020 5:38 pm quote
I understand that only too well.

Chin up when she lets you know it's time.
Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Mon May 18, 2020 6:27 pm quote
i went thru the same about a year ago. it was a long gradual decent but i knew it was getting there. at the end i was selfish and took another month. he got tuna and bacon every day and all of the chin scritches, ear rubs and nose boops that were permitted. everybody that knew him came by to give him the pets and say their goodbyes.

you'll both know when it's time.

and when it's done, you're gonna wanna run thru a brick wall for at least, like, two weeks.

hold the line hombre, it'll all be okay eventually. promise.

-g
Ossessionato
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Yamaha Majesty 250 DX 1998
Tue May 19, 2020 1:29 am quote
It is like saying that a father would not want to survive his son ... our domestic partner becomes like a son ...
Now i have a norwegian breed cat and a brindle stray cat, my dog (husky breed) died 7 years ago ... my heart broke; since then never a dog again.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Literider Envy

Tue May 19, 2020 8:22 am quote
I finally get some medical testing that shows there is indeed a visible problem inside my spine, and the MRI results are now part of my medical records. I finally get to see a neurologist, to hopefully figure out what to do about it. The findings on the MRI coordinate to exactly where I'm having the most pain, so I'm almost a bit hopeful about moving forward with the situation...

...Until the damn neurologist completely dismisses the MRI results, concentrates on a secondary problem that will absolutely not be resolved without attention to my back first, and records my main "diagnosis" is that I'm fat on the appointment report. He couldn't even say it to my face. He also gave me shit for using a powerchair on the very first day I've ever dared to take it out in public.

I sent his office a message stating, in the most eloquent way possible, why he should go play on the freeway. If I had to inconvenience someone to take time from work to drive me to that appointment, risk catching the current plague, and be dismissed and invalidated and insulted, that doctor is going to at least have to deal with being told he's a dick.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Tue May 19, 2020 6:19 pm quote
Witch wrote:
I finally get some medical testing that shows there is indeed a visible problem inside my spine, and the MRI results are now part of my medical records. I finally get to see a neurologist, to hopefully figure out what to do about it. The findings on the MRI coordinate to exactly where I'm having the most pain, so I'm almost a bit hopeful about moving forward with the situation...

...Until the damn neurologist completely dismisses the MRI results, concentrates on a secondary problem that will absolutely not be resolved without attention to my back first, and records my main "diagnosis" is that I'm fat on the appointment report. He couldn't even say it to my face. He also gave me shit for using a powerchair on the very first day I've ever dared to take it out in public.

I sent his office a message stating, in the most eloquent way possible, why he should go play on the freeway. If I had to inconvenience someone to take time from work to drive me to that appointment, risk catching the current plague, and be dismissed and invalidated and insulted, that doctor is going to at least have to deal with being told he's a dick.
Well, that sucks. Hopefully you can find someone with a bit more compassion and sensitivity. My wife always used to tell me that I hated doctors. I don't really, many are downright awesome, but I've run into more than my share of dicks in my work.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Literider Envy

Tue May 19, 2020 7:17 pm quote
fledermaus wrote:
Well, that sucks. Hopefully you can find someone with a bit more compassion and sensitivity. My wife always used to tell me that I hated doctors. I don't really, many are downright awesome, but I've run into more than my share of dicks in my work.
I have one doctor that really does try to help, but backs are not his area. I've barely been able to walk for a year and a half now, and I am beyond fed up with being the only one who seems to think it's a problem. I wonder if my next move should be to just schedule with literally every local spine doc or neurosurgeon my insurance allows until I get one who actually wants to fix me. It feels like I had to sell my last bike a million years ago, and it's killing me not being physically able to ride (or walk, or stand, or sit...).
Hooked
2009 Vespa GTS300 S
Wed May 20, 2020 3:34 am quote
Previous owners' botch jobs on my '09 GTS 300 S I bought 2 months ago.

I am doing up the scoot and just finished the front end. Got rid of the corrosion on the front hub and disk and painted them silver. Also cleaned up the corrosion and flaking black paint off the caliper but the previous owner used blue Loctite on the pins. Now with the corrosion and blue Loctite I only managed to get one unscrewed, the other one would not budge even using CRC freeze-off penetrant. I have left trying to undo it until I need to change the brake pads in the future. Guess I'll have to use heat in the future. Just so annoying.

Painted the caliper red epoxy enamel to match the front spring. Look great. Now for the rear wheel, hub and caliper.
Moderaptor
Wed May 20, 2020 7:55 am quote
NZscoot wrote:
Previous owners' botch jobs on my '09 GTS 300 S I bought 2 months ago.

I am doing up the scoot and just finished the front end. Got rid of the corrosion on the front hub and disk and painted them silver. Also cleaned up the corrosion and flaking black paint off the caliper but the previous owner used blue Loctite on the pins. Now with the corrosion and blue Loctite I only managed to get one unscrewed, the other one would not budge even using CRC freeze-off penetrant. I have left trying to undo it until I need to change the brake pads in the future. Guess I'll have to use heat in the future. Just so annoying.

Painted the caliper red epoxy enamel to match the front spring. Look great. Now for the rear wheel, hub and caliper.
The blue Loctite is from the factory - which is why I advise all GTS owners to undo those pins by 1/4 of a turn as soon as they buy the bike. Years down the line when the pads need changing this will allow the pins to be 'wiggled' back and forth until they undo easily.

Same for MP3 front calipers...
Hooked
2009 Vespa GTS300 S
Wed May 20, 2020 12:34 pm quote
Dang Jim, where were you when my scoot was new in '09. Thanks for the heads up, learn something new every day.

Sorry blamed previous owners.
Moderaptor
Wed May 20, 2020 1:02 pm quote
NZscoot wrote:
Dang Jim, where were you when my scoot was new in '09. Thanks for the heads up, learn something new every day.
I seem to remember posting about that in the MP3 section - but that wouldn't have helped you! I didn't know GTS calipers were the same back then.
Quote:
From the state of the bike I doubt the previous owners had even heard of Loctite!

I hope you have joy with heat. One of my Fuoco calipers, that gave rise to my giving this advice, would release its pins even with cherry-red heated caliper and freezer spray on the pin. Threw that one away.
Hooked
2009 Vespa GTS300 S
Wed May 20, 2020 3:42 pm quote
jimc wrote:
NZscoot wrote:
I seem to remember posting about that in the MP3 section - but that wouldn't have helped you! I didn't know GTS calipers were the same back then.
Quote:
From the state of the bike I doubt the previous owners had even heard of Loctite!

I hope you have joy with heat. One of my Fuoco calipers, that gave rise to my giving this advice, would release its pins even with cherry-red heated caliper and freezer spray on the pin. Threw that one away.
Well that front suspension/caliper/disk/wheel/shock cleaned up real well and looks mint. I would've been 100% satisfied it it wasn't for that dang pin, now I'm 100% not satisfied.

Well tomorrow it's me n the back of the scoot. Shocks, wheel, tranny case and that pesky brake caliper. Wish me luck then. Maybe I'll gently heat those pins a bit before I try them. Maybe it will soften the Loctite a bit.
Moderaptor
Wed May 20, 2020 6:19 pm quote
The blue Loctite doesn't seem to be the problem - the reason they jam irreversibly seems to be because they corrode in a fully torqued in situation. The Loctite probably helps against corrosion - but unless there's a chance to free the threads by tightening and then loosening many times over there's zero chance of getting them out.

At my original UK dealer they undid those pins at PDI 'just in case' after they heard (and saw) what had happened to mine. A UK salty winter would not have helped of course.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Thu May 21, 2020 6:51 am quote
What's PI$$ING me off today?

A doctor, had a phone consultation scheduled for 9:40 AM and after waiting by phone for 50 minutes get a call, nope not doctor, but a receptionist saying doctor is running a bit late, can we re-schedule for 12:30 PM?

You mean to tell me they didn't know that 20 minutes ago?

This is a doctor is suppose to be treating me for sleep problems so I'm not getting any real rest. Now I have to be just sitting and waiting for close to an hour while trying to keep my mind on the problems I was hoping to relay to him!

After going for close to a year with less than a handful of nights with even close to a good night's sleep does not make Ken a fun person to be around, just ask my wife!
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Thu May 21, 2020 8:11 am quote
kshansen wrote:
What's PI$$ING me off today?

A doctor, had a phone consultation scheduled for 9:40 AM and after waiting by phone for 50 minutes get a call, nope not doctor, but a receptionist saying doctor is running a bit late, can we re-schedule for 12:30 PM?

You mean to tell me they didn't know that 20 minutes ago?

This is a doctor is suppose to be treating me for sleep problems so I'm not getting any real rest. Now I have to be just sitting and waiting for close to an hour while trying to keep my mind on the problems I was hoping to relay to him!

After going for close to a year with less than a handful of nights with even close to a good night's sleep does not make Ken a fun person to be around, just ask my wife!
And now to add to the PI$$ED off the doctor calls at 12:00 when we were told it was going to be 12:30! Just lucky we were near the phone! and the latest reports he was looking at were over a week old and not even those with the machine I have been using!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:00 pm quote
Gah!
So, as I may have noted already, been working on what's turning out to a major project in a basement bathroom...started out as a modular shower install, became a crater in the floor.

Anyway, floor's closed up, and tiled, sink and toilet in place, now back to the shower surround, where I should have been, say a year ago. I get to a point I'm ready to install a second mounting strip on the wall.....but can't find it.

So, look around...several times, finally contact the company , who wants me to produce a receipt (of course I didn't write down the serial number....who needs those?). Second trip to the store I find it on their kiosk. Submit it to the company, they tell me, of course it's been too long since purchase, but can send it just for shipping costs.

It arrives (now we've lost 10 days of messing around), I install in on the wall, go to install the side panel that slips into it, AND IT'S RIGHT IN PLACE IN THE SIDE PANEL. GAH! All that work and frustration and I've been walking within a foot of it for weeks.

I'm going to bed and hope I hate myself less in the morning.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:41 am quote
Re: Gah!
fledermaus wrote:
So, as I may have noted already, been working on what's turning out to a major project in a basement bathroom...started out as a modular shower install, became a crater in the floor.

Anyway, floor's closed up, and tiled, sink and toilet in place, now back to the shower surround, where I should have been, say a year ago. I get to a point I'm ready to install a second mounting strip on the wall.....but can't find it.

So, look around...several times, finally contact the company , who wants me to produce a receipt (of course I didn't write down the serial number....who needs those?). Second trip to the store I find it on their kiosk. Submit it to the company, they tell me, of course it's been too long since purchase, but can send it just for shipping costs.

It arrives (now we've lost 10 days of messing around), I install in on the wall, go to install the side panel that slips into it, AND IT'S RIGHT IN PLACE IN THE SIDE PANEL. GAH! All that work and frustration and I've been walking within a foot of it for weeks. I'm going to bed and hope I hate myself less in the morning.
fledermaus, Take a nice hot shower and relax! OH! wait you don't have a shower yet!

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:17 am quote
kshansen wrote:
fledermaus wrote:

It arrives (now we've lost 10 days of messing around), I install in on the wall, go to install the side panel that slips into it, AND IT'S RIGHT IN PLACE IN THE SIDE PANEL. GAH! All that work and frustration and I've been walking within a foot of it for weeks. I'm going to bed and hope I hate myself less in the morning.
fledermaus, Take a nice hot shower and relax! OH! wait you don't have a shower yet!

Lotta help you are!

Now I'm off to look for my checkbook which has been MIA all week.
Addicted
2013 GTS300ie
Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:40 am quote
I have a Subaru Forester that I bought used two years ago. It is in good mechanical condition, with some cosmetic dings and scratches from use.
A friend of mine recently got back into the paint repair business and as his shop is not very busy due to the lock-down, he gave me a good price to bring her up to sparkling condition. I took it there last week and collected it back Friday afternoon.

Saturday I back out of the driveway - but not enough - and the sliding gate closes onto the front bumper, scratching the newly sprayed paintwork.

I'M AN IDIOT!

So I called him and he said bring it in immediately. He has a little surplus paint left over from my repair so can do it without having to re-mix new paint.
That car has it in for me on the cosmetics side. Driving it back from the dealer the day I bought it, a passing car tossed up a stone and chipped the windscreen...

Edit : The Subie is back - paint matched perfectly. NO CHARGE! He felt embarrassed for me.

Last edited by Fudmucker on Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:45 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
I find there's a very specific pit of the stomach feeling when I realize I've lost something. Well, I guess it's just terror, which, fortunately, I pretty much only experience these days when I've lost something. And unfortunately I seem to experience more often these days.

Got it over the weekend while hauling the trailer down the highway with the Honda in the back. It's a crappy lil trailer and I'm always really worried something will go catastrophically wrong at 65 mph....

Now, I can't actually see the trailer in my side mirrors (which is a total pain for back it up) and can only see the motorcycle sticking up in the rear view mirror, so...

There's a point in every trip where I'm flying along at 65 in traffic and I happen to casually glance over at the right rear view mirror and NO TRAILER! And my eyes dart to the driver's side mirror and NO TRAILER! Holy shit I've lost my trailer!

And for a split second, before I glance into the rear view mirror, I get that terrified rush of adrenaline.

Swear to gawd it's like one part of my brain is playing a practical joke on another part of my brain. "Gotcha! Haw haw!"

I'm thinking this is gonna be what it's feel like to be 80.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:32 am quote
tdrake wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
I find there's a very specific pit of the stomach feeling when I realize I've lost something. Well, I guess it's just terror, which, fortunately, I pretty much only experience these days when I've lost something. And unfortunately I seem to experience more often these days.

Got it over the weekend while hauling the trailer down the highway with the Honda in the back. It's a crappy lil trailer and I'm always really worried something will go catastrophically wrong at 65 mph....

Now, I can't actually see the trailer in my side mirrors (which is a total pain for back it up) and can only see the motorcycle sticking up in the rear view mirror, so...

There's a point in every trip where I'm flying along at 65 in traffic and I happen to casually glance over at the right rear view mirror and NO TRAILER! And my eyes dart to the driver's side mirror and NO TRAILER! Holy shit I've lost my trailer!

And for a split second, before I glance into the rear view mirror, I get that terrified rush of adrenaline.

Swear to gawd it's like one part of my brain is playing a practical joke on another part of my brain. "Gotcha! Haw haw!"

I haven't "lost" a trailer yet, but did lose a fender off of it barreling down the freeway coming back from Richmond. That's enough of an eye-opener.

The pit of the stomach feeling seems disproportionately awful to the actual item. Not sure if it's losing control over basic elements of life or something else, but it's disproportionate to the actual loss or suffering. Inconvenience, sure, but the start of obsessively thinking where the object might be and searching certain nooks and crannies repeatedly ("just because it wasn' there an hour ago doesn't mean it isn't now!) is just ....weird.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, S 150 (Missing in KS), Something Chinese, GT 200 (sold)
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:09 am quote
The way I feel is pissing me off. Took a couple of scooters for some sporty riding yesterday and woke up my whole body hurts. I'm thinking I need to relax a bit. The grip of death with 25 mile per hour winds did not help much.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:17 am quote
Well as some of you know one of our dogs passed away a few weeks ago. This morning I got a text from my employee and close friend that he was at the vet. He had to put Goldi down . She was just over at my place last week as he helped me mount a TV. She was 14 but seemed fine. Last night she took a bad turn. RIP Goldi, you were a good girl.

8BED5F8D-D92C-4456-9381-8C31DB7AC097.jpeg

Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:23 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
tdrake wrote:
fledermaus wrote:

I haven't "lost" a trailer yet, but did lose a fender off of it barreling down the freeway coming back from Richmond. That's enough of an eye-opener.

The pit of the stomach feeling seems disproportionately awful to the actual item. Not sure if it's losing control over basic elements of life or something else, but it's disproportionate to the actual loss or suffering. Inconvenience, sure, but the start of obsessively thinking where the object might be and searching certain nooks and crannies repeatedly ("just because it wasn' there an hour ago doesn't mean it isn't now!) is just ....weird.
Yup. I think my adrenaline terror rush is really a deeper fear my brain is going the way of my grandma and ma's.

"Misplaced" the absolutely-had-to have-it to-change-the-Vespa-sparkplug-swivel -socket last month and spent an hour looking for it -- wound up buying another to finish the job -- and really, really beat myself up over it -- "won't be long til they put you in the home, boyo!" -- and was incredibly relieved to find when I cleaned up afterward. It had rolled off the bench and under a cabinet. No harm no foul!
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:25 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
Well as some of you know one of our dogs passed away a few weeks ago. This morning I got a text from my employee and close friend that he was at the vet. He had to put Goldi down . She was just over at my place last week as he helped me mount a TV. She was 14 but seemed fine. Last night she took a bad turn. RIP Goldi, you were a good girl.
Bleah. Especially feel for people losing pets during this isolated time.
Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:06 am quote
fledermaus wrote:

It arrives (now we've lost 10 days of messing around), I install in on the wall, go to install the side panel that slips into it, AND IT'S RIGHT IN PLACE IN THE SIDE PANEL. GAH! All that work and frustration and I've been walking within a foot of it for weeks.

I'm going to bed and hope I hate myself less in the morning.
Sounds like me...Yesterday I got around to the last subdue to clean, and itís missing the sliding gliding piece inside the track. Argh! Now I know why it doesnít latch. So I tell Mrs. TSG that I have to order another little part, and I go upstairs to finish cleaning the window and I see the part is in the track, but the slot is lined up To allow the wi die pin to just slip out whenever it wants. And it latches now.

But I was this close to ordering a new part that I didnít need.
Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:07 am quote
I should never post from my phone... I sound like a caveman or worse...

Window!!! It was a window!!!
Enthusiast
2020 Vespa 300GTS
Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:16 pm quote
Max6200 wrote:
Had to deal with the mask thing, my goggles were getting hazy, the wind was blowing at 40 miles an hour gusts, and I used the kill switch to turn off my bike. Put the groceries away I left the bike in the ignition on position for about 30 minutes. Yeah I hit the kill switch I left the key in the ignition. Good thing I have a brand new battery. 🐝
I made that mistake once, always turn off with the key!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:38 am quote
giovacchini wrote:
Max6200 wrote:
I made that mistake once, always turn off with the key!
Good thing I didn't put my jacket on the windscreen possibly blocking the headlight, I would have ended up with a melted mess!
Molto Verboso
Medley 150
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:46 pm quote
We had the coldest June morning for 75 years, that the water pipes froze.
So I'm social distancing for an extra reason.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:23 pm quote
Sledge wrote:
We had the coldest June morning for 75 years, that the water pipes froze.
So I'm social distancing for an extra reason.
It's 2020, anything can happen. I wouldn't be surprised if hell froze over and for all we know that is what started this year off.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:17 pm quote
OK, so I got booted out of the cheering you up thread. I think the only time I've really, really disagreed with the moderators on a decision at MV even after some thought. Anyway so I guess that's what has pissed me off so there is my justification for posting in this thread...

Actually I'm not that pissed of about it, just find it annoying. I'm actually happy as we've now had 3 clients come back after covid halted the contract. It means the pay cuts I have had to put in place can be lifted soon and I felt like shit doing them but it was that or letting someone go. I think my business may just survive the hell we find ourselves in and I hope the best for everyone. I know a few people here have posted that "things are just fine" money wise but I know that has not been the case for many of us.
Enthusiast
Kymco Downtown 300i
Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:06 pm quote
Not a biggie as some I have read, certainly not a sad biggie of losing a family member who happens to be a dog...

BUT

With a whole 28 posts on here in several years my Karma is "slightly negative" because of ONE "unlike" or dislike whatever! Now I have this big warning sign at the top of every page that says "you better watch what you say and how you say it!" Or pretty close to that...

Well, HE called me an idiot! Selfish, self-centered idiot! And HE dint get warned! Har, har!
Zombie Process
More Human Than Human

Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:13 pm quote
CROSSBOLT wrote:
Not a biggie as some I have read, certainly not a sad biggie of losing a family member who happens to be a dog...

BUT

With a whole 28 posts on here in several years my Karma is "slightly negative" because of ONE "unlike" or dislike whatever! Now I have this big warning sign at the top of every page that says "you better watch what you say and how you say it!" Or pretty close to that...

Well, HE called me an idiot! Selfish, self-centered idiot! And HE dint get warned! Har, har!
Rational lifeforms would agree he was correct as far as it went, but that he was remarkably restrained. A human mod might be along soon - they seem to object to people moaning about Karma, which might suggest the warning is warranted.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:15 pm quote
Well at least I got back to neutral

C'mon people you'd have to know the circumstances and I'm not really bitching. I just got caught in the crossfire is all. Just a bit bummed I got kicked out of a thread is all . I do think the mods are what keep this place civil.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:34 am quote
Harbinger wrote:

C'mon people you'd have to know the circumstances and I'm not really bitching. I just got caught in the crossfire is all. Just a bit bummed I got kicked out of a thread is all . I do think the mods are what keep this place civil.
I am not a moderator. I think what gets you kicked out of a thread is when you say something so incendiary and it gets flagged. If you choose to continue the arguments you will get ejected. Just guessing here.
Moderaptor
Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:59 am quote
Max6200 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

I am not a moderator. I think what gets you kicked out of a thread is when you say something so incendiary and it gets flagged. If you choose to continue the arguments you will get ejected. Just guessing here.
That's pretty much true. Continually hammering on about one esoteric subject gets old very quickly, and the mods get very fed up with the flurry of complaints. Sometimes just quoting a questionable post can lead to getting flagged - and busy Mods (yes we have real lives...) can perhaps be overly efficient in the cleaning-up.

That 'Just walk away' button is quite useful.
Missouri Loves Company Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...3132333435Next
[ Time: 0.5171s ][ Queries: 27 (0.2873s) ][ Debug on ]