[NSR] What's Pissing you off Today? II
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...343536Next
Author Message
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: 08 Nov 2014
Posts: 1316
Location: Central New York
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:36 pm quote
RP Tech wrote:
The company mask fitting therapist should be able to help with the mask but don't count on it; they only show what they stock. They will also set the CPAP to the levels per you sleep study.
This is my Dreamware Mask:
https://www.homehealth.estore.philips.com/Philips-Global-Category/masks/nasal/dreamwear/dreamwear-fitpack-w--medium-headgear/p/1116700?_ref=ca-wtb[/url]
Well as we are having problems with getting replacement items from the first DME outfit wife has been talking to the people at the sleep center and they are going to be giving her a couple names of other DME outfits that they would recommend.

I have seen that mask or others very similar recommended other places so I will see if they can let m e try one of those in place of the thing I now have:

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/fisher-paykel-simplus-full-face-mask
Hooked
GTS 300, Malaguti 150
Joined: 19 Nov 2018
Posts: 278
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:09 pm quote
You look like a deep sea diver.
Try Amazon.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, S 150 (Missing in KS), Something Chinese, GT 200 (sold)
Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 8576
Location: KS USA
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:57 pm quote
Everything that's going on the for sale thread.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, S 150 (Missing in KS), Something Chinese, GT 200 (sold)
Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 8576
Location: KS USA
Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:19 pm quote
Why can people not follow simple rules?

Screenshot_20200712-011759.png

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 38731
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:08 am quote
Max6200 wrote:
Why can people not follow simple rules?
I gave up just deleting them - no-one notices if a post just goes completely.
That's why we've moved to 'pinking' them out. At least then the arrogant sods who just put a For Sale advert as their first post without reading that forum's guidelines at least can see that *something* wasn't appreciated.
Ossessionato
BV350, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Joined: 06 Jun 2013
Posts: 3146
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:21 pm quote
Defeated by a small engine.

I bought a gas powered string trimmer that I found on craigslist. It almost started for the seller when I bought it. No big deal, I thought, a little tuneup will do it. When I got it home I pumped the primer a few times and pulled the starter rope a few times. No start, no big deal, it wasn't a surprise. I pulled it once more and the starter wouldn't retract. So I had to take the thing apart, try to see what went wrong, and put it back together. A couple of tries later which resulted in the starter stuck again, I decided to replace the starter spring, and the spark plug for good measure. Still no start, but in the three of four tries I got before the starter broke I determined that there was no spark. Now I just got a new coil today. With the new coil in I got three or four good pulls, and the damn starter stuck again.

I can't figure out what's wrong. The starter rewinds all right before I put the case back together. It rewinds when I take the spark plug out so that it pulls easier. But it gets stuck when I actually try to start the engine. Apparently somethings wrong with the recoil mechanism but I haven't been able to find it.

Now my wife's on my case: "What did you buy that thing for anyway?"

I guess I'll leave it for next summer's project.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Kitted Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2019 K1600GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 7176
Location: Downtown Toronto
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:48 pm quote
Linking to a thread that certainly deserves to be here...

Melody Takes an Unscheduled Break

Speaking for myself I just spilt a full glass of $50/bottle Chianti... Ugh... cleaning it up is insult added to injury.
Hooked
GTS 300 ABS, 2018
Joined: 07 Jun 2020
Posts: 148
Location: Finland
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:01 am quote
I just realised that the last week of my three weeks holiday started. This is pissing me off big time.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 6530
Location: New Zealand
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:05 am quote
kaukari wrote:
I just realised that the last week of my three weeks holiday started. This is pissing me off big time.
I had last week off. Somehow I ended up at work two of those days.
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Joined: 21 Jun 2016
Posts: 262
Location: Irving, TX
Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:39 am quote
znomit wrote:
kaukari wrote:
I just realised that the last week of my three weeks holiday started. This is pissing me off big time.
I had last week off. Somehow I ended up at work two of those days.
My wife had surgery back on March 13. She had scheduled sick time at work to be completely off the following week (March 16-20), then was going to work from home for another 3-5 weeks.

Then COVID-19 hit. She was called at home to do something on the day of her surgery. She worked every single day until the Saturday after Easter (April 1. Since then she's been able to take off at least one day on the weekend, sometimes two. Her boss knew that she wasn't going to be able to sit at a desk working for at least a week, yet called her every day to do something that first week. Some days she had to put in 10-12 hours of work. It ended up extending the healing process by close to a month. She still has issues because of it.

The good thing about it is that she canceled her paid time off for the surgery, so she still has that available, and she's going to be working from home until everything is back to 100% open.
Addicted
2010 GTV250ie - Sienna Ivory
Joined: 09 Aug 2011
Posts: 840
Location: North Coast - Rural
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:23 pm quote
Not pissing me off - Just Real Annoying!!!
Sent a PM, to an Addicted MVer, on 07.01.2020, for additional details/photos in reference to a post in the For Sale section; the person is not a Newb (hence, reference to Addicted MVer).

Though, by happenstance, I did see this particular Addicted MVer, post in a general thread, a few days after I sent the PM.
The PM is still sitting in my Outbox.

On reflection, I am not surprised. At all. In jimc vernacular, what a sod! Not pissing me off Ö it is just annoying. People can be annoying.

*** MV Ranks and Posts for Reference ***
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 38731
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:36 pm quote
Maybe this should be in the 'Cheering' thread - but the garage door refused to open this morning. A broken torsion spring was soon found to be the culprit. The quickest I could get hold of a matching pair was from Home Depot with delivery in a week's time.

What's cheering about this is that at least I have a 'project' to keep me occupied for half a day (with beers) at least!

Also I managed to 'mirror dance' a couple of our scooters out of the rear door into our pantry and then through an outside door, down the side path and out to the front. Cool-Ass cover on the LX seat, Reflectix on the GTS. So at least we have some PTW transport available.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: 08 Nov 2014
Posts: 1316
Location: Central New York
Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:46 pm quote
jimc wrote:
Maybe this should be in the 'Cheering' thread - but the garage door refused to open this morning. A broken torsion spring was soon found to be the culprit. The quickest I could get hold of a matching pair was from Home Depot with delivery in a week's time.

What's cheering about this is that at least I have a 'project' to keep me occupied for half a day (with beers) at least!

Also I managed to 'mirror dance' a couple of our scooters out of the rear door into our pantry and then through an outside door, down the side path and out to the front. Cool-Ass cover on the LX seat, Reflectix on the GTS. So at least we have some PTW transport available.
Springs usually fail at the end so if you are careful with propane torch you can wedge the last ring away and heat one spot and bend a new hook on the end.

Also hope you have the springs updated with a cable down the center so when a spring does fail it stays off scooters or car hood!

((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFffNvGXqs4))
Ossessionato
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Yamaha Majesty 250 DX 1998
Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Posts: 3727
Location: Latina (Italy)
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:52 am quote
Another Yamaha in my home:

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Kitted Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2019 K1600GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 7176
Location: Downtown Toronto
Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:15 am quote
Attila wrote:
Another Yamaha in my home:

Is it the terrible 0-60 performance of it thatís pissing you off?
Ossessionato
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Yamaha Majesty 250 DX 1998
Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Posts: 3727
Location: Latina (Italy)
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:22 am quote


I start from scratch, doing this (learning to read and play music) is the consequence of being pissed off at myself. I said to myself: "what do you do after retiring? You live the day without goals, you eat, you sleep, the usual things ... Instead you have to react, do something but what?" And a friend says to me: "learn to play an instrument".
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 38731
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:17 am quote
kshansen wrote:
jimc wrote:
Maybe this should be in the 'Cheering' thread - but the garage door refused to open this morning. A broken torsion spring was soon found to be the culprit. The quickest I could get hold of a matching pair was from Home Depot with delivery in a week's time.

What's cheering about this is that at least I have a 'project' to keep me occupied for half a day (with beers) at least!

Also I managed to 'mirror dance' a couple of our scooters out of the rear door into our pantry and then through an outside door, down the side path and out to the front. Cool-Ass cover on the LX seat, Reflectix on the GTS. So at least we have some PTW transport available.
Springs usually fail at the end so if you are careful with propane torch you can wedge the last ring away and heat one spot and bend a new hook on the end.

Also hope you have the springs updated with a cable down the center so when a spring does fail it stays off scooters or car hood!



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFffNvGXqs4
This one failed in the middle. Must have been at least 30 years old!

And those springs are completely different - these are torsion springs:

https://ddmgaragedoors.com/diy-instructions/replace-garage-door-torsion-springs.php

garage-spring.jpg

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: 08 Nov 2014
Posts: 1316
Location: Central New York
Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:59 pm quote
jimc wrote:
This one failed in the middle. Must have been at least 30 years old!

And those springs are completely different - these are torsion springs:

https://ddmgaragedoors.com/diy-instructions/replace-garage-door-torsion-springs.php
Yea that idea won't work then will it!

We had those torsion type springs on a couple big overhead doors at the place I worked.

One trick a guy who serviced that door showed me about adjusting them was simple. He took a can of spray paint and sprayed a thin line of paint down the length of the spring when first installed with zero tension on it.

He then crank on the adjusters on each end till they had some tension on them. Then to check to see if he had the same number of turns on each one he just counted the spirals of the paint on each one.

Makes more sense if you see it done but it does give a easy way to know both are wound the same number of turns. Probably even more handy if someone were to interrupt you while working. Simple look and you know which one needs more tension.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: 08 Nov 2014
Posts: 1316
Location: Central New York
Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:02 pm quote
jimc wrote:
This one failed in the middle. Must have been at least 30 years old!

And those springs are completely different - these are torsion springs:

https://ddmgaragedoors.com/diy-instructions/replace-garage-door-torsion-springs.php
Yea that idea won't work then will it!

We had those torsion type springs on a couple big overhead doors at the place I worked.

One trick a guy who serviced that door showed me about adjusting them was simple. He took a can of spray paint and sprayed a thin line of paint down the length of the spring when first installed with zero tension on it.

He then crank on the adjusters on each end till they had some tension on them. Then to check to see if he had the same number of turns on each one he just counted the spirals of the paint on each one.

Makes more sense if you see it done but it does give a easy way to know both are wound the same number of turns. Probably even more handy if someone were to interrupt you while working. Simple look and you know which one needs more tension.

Just took another look at the picture you posted and I think I see the paint marks on those springs. Maybe they come that way now when you buy them?
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 38731
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:05 pm quote
I think those ones came with yellow paint down the length - the new ones just have yellow paint at the adjusting cone end. Good idea to lay a line of paint - I'll be counting turns, but if I got interrupted...


Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, S 150 (Missing in KS), Something Chinese, GT 200 (sold)
Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 8576
Location: KS USA
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:06 am quote
jimc wrote:
Max6200 wrote:
Why can people not follow simple rules?
I gave up just deleting them - no-one notices if a post just goes completely.
That's why we've moved to 'pinking' them out. At least then the arrogant sods who just put a For Sale advert as their first post without reading that forum's guidelines at least can see that *something* wasn't appreciated.
I really appreciate the work you do. I have such a short fuse I would never be able to be a moderator.
Molto Verboso
Medley 150
Joined: 02 Jul 2016
Posts: 1592
Location: Adelaide
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:50 pm quote
I'm going through the daily ritual, serious scooter time and I'm interrupted...

IMG_20200721_084218667.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 9237
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:54 pm quote
Sledge wrote:
I'm going through the daily ritual, serious scooter time and I'm interrupted...
Aww, sweet. You didn't disturb him/her I hope...
Molto Verboso
Medley 150
Joined: 02 Jul 2016
Posts: 1592
Location: Adelaide
Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:19 pm quote
fledermaus wrote:
Sledge wrote:
I'm going through the daily ritual, serious scooter time and I'm interrupted...
Aww, sweet. You didn't disturb him/her I hope...
That's his way of saying that I'm spending far too much time on M.V and not enough puss play time.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 6530
Location: New Zealand
Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:23 pm quote
What Pussing you off today?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 8597
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:35 am quote
jimc wrote:
I think those ones came with yellow paint down the length - the new ones just have yellow paint at the adjusting cone end. Good idea to lay a line of paint - I'll be counting turns, but if I got interrupted...


The color on the spring is to ID the weight rating of the spring. There, I have added all I know about the subject.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Kitted Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2019 K1600GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 7176
Location: Downtown Toronto
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:18 am quote
Young people and how absolutely stupid they can be when it comes to NOT spreading covid-19 . We have our numbers under control but cases are going up and the average age is going down. The numbers are going up because of large gatherings of 20-30 somethings and their lack of social distancing. It is just mind blowing how insensitive they can be when it comes to this. Do they not love their parents and grandparents? Do they think this is a joke?

The real irony is when it comes to going back to the office they are the ones pushing back the most. I'm not saying all of them are idiots but the amount that are is really disappointing.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 8597
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:41 pm quote
Lock up everyone over 65 or in poor heath and let everyone else go at it. This will would be the best way and then monitor hospital capacity.
This is not going to get better till at least 60% of the population has or had it or a vaccine comes out.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Kitted Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2019 K1600GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 7176
Location: Downtown Toronto
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:50 pm quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
Lock up everyone over 65 or in poor heath and let everyone else go at it. This will would be the best way and then monitor hospital capacity.
This is not going to get better till at least 60% of the population has or had it or a vaccine comes out.
Still buying in to herd immunity? Thatís 200 million infected people in your country.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/herd-immunity-and-coronavirus/art-20486808
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 38731
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:51 pm quote
Enough! there's a topic open for this.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 8597
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:55 pm quote
jimc wrote:
Enough! there's a topic open for this.
That I can't reply too.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Kitted Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2019 K1600GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 7176
Location: Downtown Toronto
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:55 pm quote
jimc wrote:
Enough! there's a topic open for this.
Fair point, understood.

And it was not me giving the negative in case youíre wondering web-tech.
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 38731
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:56 pm quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
jimc wrote:
Enough! there's a topic open for this.
That I can't reply too.
That, I'm afraid, was your own doing.

And going on about it doesn't help.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Joined: 02 Mar 2013
Posts: 6063
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:43 pm quote
jimc wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
jimc wrote:
Enough! there's a topic open for this.
That I can't reply too.
That, I'm afraid, was your own doing.

And going on about it doesn't help.
Even if that's what's pissing him off today?


OK, I'll be quiet....
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 9237
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:24 pm quote
Okay, my mom's rototiller's grips have been falling apart prematurely. I decided to be helpful (okay, I've got skin in the game-she's told me it will be mine some day) and buy her new grips. Found some on eBay, sent them to her, and when I came to install them, they were clearly too small. I contacted the seller, who said they'd send the proper ones. So, get down to see her today, she has the package. On the outside is a little sticker telling someone to be sure they're 25 mm. Open it up, one of them is the proper size, the other is probably a quarter of an inch smaller... Well, ONE fits...

We'll get there eventually....
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 9237
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:13 am quote
Sheesh. Two in a row.

Okay, looking forward to some maintenance, been ordering some stuff randomly but kinda forget what I have and what I might need.

So, dug through my box of oil filters, belts, washers, rollers and did a bit of inventory. I DON'T NEED ANYTHING!

Guess I can chill until the weather cools off.....
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, S 150 (Missing in KS), Something Chinese, GT 200 (sold)
Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 8576
Location: KS USA
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:22 am quote
remember my battery fiasco from last year?

It has happened again!😟

I will be starting a new thread about batteries soon. Be warned.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 6530
Location: New Zealand
Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:38 pm quote
Max6200 wrote:
remember my battery fiasco from last year?

It has happened again!😟

I will be starting a new thread about batteries soon. Be warned.
And a bit after that maybe start a thread about regulators.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, S 150 (Missing in KS), Something Chinese, GT 200 (sold)
Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 8576
Location: KS USA
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:16 am quote
znomit wrote:
Max6200 wrote:
remember my battery fiasco from last year?

It has happened again!😟

I will be starting a new thread about batteries soon. Be warned.
And a bit after that maybe start a thread about regulators.
Ain't nothing wrong with the regulator. I tested it.💪
Molto Verboso
Medley 150
Joined: 02 Jul 2016
Posts: 1592
Location: Adelaide
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:57 pm quote
The wife freaks out when there is an 'animal' in the house. It's my job to fix it.

IMG_20200729_073445596.jpg
Animal

IMG_20200729_073622208.jpg
Method

IMG_20200729_073757268.jpg
Solution

Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...343536Next
[ Time: 0.2210s ][ Queries: 27 (0.0780s) ][ Debug on ]