[NSR] What's Pissing you off Today? II
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...353637
Thunder Thief
2010 GTS 300 Super & 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
Location: in the blue ridge mountains of Virginia... on the trail of the lonesome pine..."
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:17 am quote
Attila wrote:
monogodo wrote:
Here's an aerial view of my house.

As you can see, I have a ton of tree coverage.

But your house is in the woods! In light of what is happening with climate change i would prune the plants near the house and put the others at a safe distance.
It depends on what climate you live in. California/Mediterranean climate, yes it makes sense to keep trees away from the house due to fire risk, although we see how fast and hot the fires rip through the area anyhow which renders much proactive work useless. The Eastern portion of the United States is very green and lush. About the only worry out here for trees near the house, animals/bugs, falling trees and leaves cluttering the gutters.
MV Santa
GTS250, 1960 VBA, 1975 VBC, 1980 P200E cutdown
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:44 am quote
I broke another fuel injector.

Three in 10 years may not sound like much but it is about the same as I am spending on belts or tires.

It's a regular service item that needs to be bugeted for.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, S 150 (Missing in KS), Something Chinese, GT 200 (sold)
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:39 am quote
vintage red matthew wrote:
I broke another fuel injector.

Three in 10 years may not sound like much but it is about the same as I am spending on belts or tires.

It's a regular service item that needs to be bugeted for.
Oh rats Matthew! Installing them is sooo difficult.
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:58 am quote
The school district I work for had projected enrollment for 2020-2021 to be over 150k students. They're two weeks into the school year (via distance learning), and total enrollment is just over 135k. That works out to a loss of "tens of millions of dollars" in federal funding.

Because of this, they've asked for volunteers to call the parents of the "missing" children to see if they are enrolled elsewhere, or if they just forgot or something. I've been "voluntold" to be one of the callers.

What pisses me off about it is that they want the parents of all 15k missing students to be called by EOD Thursday, Sept. 17. They have enough volunteers assigned that it works out to about 30 students per caller. We currently don't have access to the list of students, so we can't begin calling. They don't want us calling before 9am. I work 7:30-4:30. That gives me 6.5 hours to make 30 calls. I'll be able to spend 13 minutes per call, and I won't be able to take a break.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:37 am quote
monogodo wrote:
The school district I work for had projected enrollment for 2020-2021 to be over 150k students. They're two weeks into the school year (via distance learning), and total enrollment is just over 135k. That works out to a loss of "tens of millions of dollars" in federal funding.

Because of this, they've asked for volunteers to call the parents of the "missing" children to see if they are enrolled elsewhere, or if they just forgot or something. I've been "voluntold" to be one of the callers.

What pisses me off about it is that they want the parents of all 15k missing students to be called by EOD Thursday, Sept. 17. They have enough volunteers assigned that it works out to about 30 students per caller. We currently don't have access to the list of students, so we can't begin calling. They don't want us calling before 9am. I work 7:30-4:30. That gives me 6.5 hours to make 30 calls. I'll be able to spend 13 minutes per call, and I won't be able to take a break.
Can you effect an enrolment or a comfirmation in 13 minutes? This sounds like a disaster waiting to happpen.
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:47 pm quote
Max6200 wrote:
monogodo wrote:

Can you effect an enrolment or a comfirmation in 13 minutes? This sounds like a disaster waiting to happpen.
I got access to the list this morning.
I was "assigned" 29 names. Of those, two didn't have phone numbers.
I started calling at 9:08 am.
I called the penultimate number at 11:07 am, and then got interrupted by a coworker.
I called the last number at 11:52 am.
About half of the numbers were either non-working numbers or they had full voicemail boxes and I was unable to leave a message.
I left a message with 2 or 3 of them.
One person responded with "That child is no longer in my home, please remove me from this list."
3 or 4 had enrolled in other schools (private or other districts).
The others went quickly.

So it wasn't as bad as I'd thought it would be.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:13 pm quote
Four days and no one is pissed off until me....

So my bank, that I have been at for ~15 years, merged with another one. Both "local" banks, each with a few branches. It became real over the weekend, during which time all branches were closed, no online service, nothing. Which, no problem, so far.

Today, though, I tried to set things up. Nothing. Still.

Thing is, service there has been declining over the last several years, as they have done a couple smaller mergers and just generally getting away from being a nice, small, community bank. Which really struck the irony gong when they named the new merged entity "One Community Bank".

As things go it's not a huge deal, but I am reconsidering my affection to small banks. I'll be looking around....
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:54 pm quote
I've got accounts at four US banks, one UK one, and
>>> Transferwise <<<
^^^
which I hugely recommend for anyone who ever needs to get paid in one currency and then spend in another OR who wishes to spend money or get cash at ATMs anywhere else in the world with true real-time mid-market rates.

Just an extremely satisfied customer:
https://transferwise.com/
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:00 am quote
Madison Sully wrote:
Four days and no one is pissed off until me....

So my bank, that I have been at for ~15 years, merged with another one. Both "local" banks, each with a few branches. It became real over the weekend, during which time all branches were closed, no online service, nothing. Which, no problem, so far.

Today, though, I tried to set things up. Nothing. Still.

Thing is, service there has been declining over the last several years, as they have done a couple smaller mergers and just generally getting away from being a nice, small, community bank. Which really struck the irony gong when they named the new merged entity "One Community Bank".

As things go it's not a huge deal, but I am reconsidering my affection to small banks. I'll be looking around....
The credit union to which I belong voted to merge with another one just over a year ago. It went from a very small CU (2 locations) to a larger CU (15 locations). They closed the former main location of the original CU, which didn't affect us at all. I like the added features that the new CU has brought (Apple Pay, better mobile app, more locations), but the new CU has larger fees than the old one had. Over all, I like the change.
Ossessionato
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Yamaha Majesty 250 DX 1998
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:19 am quote
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFfPU1eqg3G/?igshid=1udvrtaue2haq

Great lightning storms above my city, on the mountain in the village of Sezze 25 km from my house) stands a huge metal crucifix, it seems to come out of a Lovecraft story. Look at the photo taken by a reporter. What pisses me off? It even hailed grains like golf balls! And he threw me half the harvest on the ground ...
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 Vespa LX 190, 2011 LXV150ie
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:46 am quote
Great photo, Attila!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Kitted Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2019 K1600GT Sport, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:26 am quote
That reporter got an amazing photo! Sorry about your crop... what a year.
Moderaptor
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:30 am quote
That photo link wants me to sign up to something.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:33 pm quote
Attila wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFfPU1eqg3G/?igshid=1udvrtaue2haq

Great lightning storms above my city, on the mountain in the village of Sezze 25 km from my house) stands a huge metal crucifix, it seems to come out of a Lovecraft story. Look at the photo taken by a reporter. What pisses me off? It even hailed grains like golf balls! And he threw me half the harvest on the ground ...
Wow that's an impressive storm. Pretty heartbreaking to lose half of your crop though. Everything to get it to that point, then gone.
Ossessionato
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Yamaha Majesty 250 DX 1998
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:44 pm quote
jimc wrote:
That photo link wants me to sign up to something.
You can also open it without signing up or installing Instagram, however post the two photos. The photographer is Walter Salvatori from Latina.

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:32 am quote
These storms don't hold a candle to KS lighting storms.
Addicted
2013 GTS300ie
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:39 am quote
Max6200 wrote:
Thanks, but we have some pretty good ones in South Africa too...

The photographer is Alexius van der Westhuizen.
They are multiple exposures combined into dramatic imagery.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:19 pm quote
Fudmucker wrote:
Max6200 wrote:
Thanks, but we have some pretty good ones in South Africa too...

The photographer is Alexius van der Westhuizen.
They are multiple exposures combined into dramatic imagery.

THAT looks like armagedon, Oddly enough I enjoy them. Lots of thunder and no rain. All electronics off of course.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:00 pm
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:24 pm quote
Our neighbors have put lights up on a little pine tree in their back yard.

I get it, COVID has made time's passage difficult to measure, but SEPTEMBER?

Ossessionato
BV350, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:08 pm quote
Well, I saw strings of colored lights among the Halloween stuff in Target today. So maybe your neighbor has Halloween lights?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:14 am quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
Well, I saw strings of colored lights among the Halloween stuff in Target today. So maybe your neighbor has Halloween lights?
I'll let you know if they disappear for a couple of weeks sometime in November.
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:06 am quote
While scrolling through FB posts this morning, I ran across one where a friend of a friend chose to ignore facts and stand by their opinion.

When it was pointed out to her that facts prove otherwise, she said, "let's agree to disagree."

And when again shown irrefutable evidence otherwise, she said, "I said, let's AGREE to DISAGREE. I'm not going to change your mind, and you're not going to change mine."

This willful ignorance pisses me off.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:29 am quote
monogodo wrote:
While scrolling through FB posts this morning, I ran across one where a friend of a friend chose to ignore facts and stand by their opinion.

When it was pointed out to her that facts prove otherwise, she said, "let's agree to disagree."

And when again shown irrefutable evidence otherwise, she said, "I said, let's AGREE to DISAGREE. I'm not going to change your mind, and you're not going to change mine."

This willful ignorance pisses me off.
Equal parts amazing and discouraging, isn't it? At least she was a friend of a friend and not closer.....
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:01 am quote
Arghhh!

As a medical provider, I get to "re-credential" with contracted insurance companies periodically. Went through the paperwork, reviewing standard information, updating malpractice insurance info, and the couple of dozen questions about whether I abuse drugs or the Feds are looking for me, etc, etc.
There was a blank line next to a statement that confirmed everything was correct, etc. I checked it, signed my name underneath and faxed the dozen or so pages pack to them.

Today I get an email that they "cannot accept a check mark" and I need to initial and date and return the whole thing to them. FFS.
This is the kind of stuff that will make me celebrate retirement.
Moderaptor
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:10 am quote
^^^^
The USA sorely needs something similar to the UK's Plain English Campaign!

http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:18 am quote
jimc wrote:
^^^^

Looks like it could help.

What we desperately need is national health care in one form or another. I deal with easily a dozen different insurers, and probably TWO dozen or more health plans. Each pays differently, different guidelines-for the Exact. Same. Service.

It's nuts.
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:59 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
jimc wrote:
^^^^

Looks like it could help.

What we desperately need is national health care in one form or another. I deal with easily a dozen different insurers, and probably TWO dozen or more health plans. Each pays differently, different guidelines-for the Exact. Same. Service.

It's nuts.
Last year I went to an Urgent Care clinic to have an issue looked into. They treated me and sent me on my way. When checking out, I asked how much I owed, they said they'd bill me.

Months later, I received a bill for my part, $75. I pretty much ignored it until about a month ago, when I figured I should pay it. They'd been sending me account statements periodically to remind me to do so. It felt good to pay it.

This past Friday I received a check in the mail from them for $75. There was a note enclosed that read, "After auditing your account, we discovered there was an overpayment of $75. Please find the enclosed check in that amount. You have 90 days to cash it, or we'll turn it over to the state as unclaimed funds."

So they spent who knows how much in sending me monthly statements to get me to pay them, then when I finally do pay them, they refund it to me.
Hooked
bv350, Brutale 910
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:08 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
There was a blank line next to a statement that confirmed everything was correct, etc. I checked it, signed my name underneath and faxed the dozen or so pages pack to them.
the fact you still have to "fax" credential papers in 2020 ought to piss you off doubly. And thanks for your service as a healthcare worker during these times.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:47 pm quote
Madison Sully wrote:

Are they orange and purple lights?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:57 pm quote
Max6200 wrote:
Madison Sully wrote:

Are they orange and purple lights?
Nope. They are a typical variety of colors one would expect to see in December....
Ossessionato
2020 MP3 Sport 500 HPE ABS ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:22 pm quote
tonyc wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
the fact you still have to "fax" credential papers in 2020 ought to piss you off doubly. And thanks for your service as a healthcare worker during these times.
I agree, but faxes are used because they are the safest way to transmit confidential patient information. Email security can be compromised.

I won't go into my feelings about so-called "managed care", because it's not pissing me off today.

It pisses me off every day.

So I don't take insurance in my private mental health practice, and I work for a non-profit community mental health clinic that doesn't either, but sees patients for whatever they can afford to pay.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:55 pm quote
mpfrank wrote:
tonyc wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
I agree, but faxes are used because they are the safest way to transmit confidential patient information. Email security can be compromised.
Apparently ours are finally to be replaced at the end of the year. Will believe it when I see it.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:24 am quote
mpfrank wrote:
So I don't take insurance in my private mental health practice, and I work for a non-profit community mental health clinic that doesn't either, but sees patients for whatever they can afford to pay.
Ah, on my list of escapist fantasies....

One of the others is moving to Mexico, setting up in my FIL's empty office in my family's house and working for cash in my semiretirement.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:30 pm quote
fledermaus wrote:
mpfrank wrote:

One of the others is moving to Mexico, setting up in my FIL's empty office in my family's house and working for cash in my semiretirement.
Do you do house calls? I have this problem in my neck that's very crunchy!
Addicted
GTS 300
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:11 pm quote
Federal Income Tax
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:24 pm quote
kshansen wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
mpfrank wrote:

Do you do house calls? I have this problem in my neck that's very crunchy!
Gassing up my scooter now!
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...353637
[ Time: 0.6174s ][ Queries: 25 (0.4316s) ][ Debug on ]