[NSR] What's Pissing you off Today? II
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...373839Next
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, S 150 (Missing in KS), Something Chinese, GT 200 (sold)
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:42 pm quote
The emblem has been broken. A new one is in the mail already.

20201002_163955.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:03 pm quote
fledermaus wrote:
jimc wrote:
^^^^
The USA sorely needs something similar to the UK's Plain English Campaign!

http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/
Looks like it could help.

What we desperately need is national health care in one form or another. I deal with easily a dozen different insurers, and probably TWO dozen or more health plans. Each pays differently, different guidelines-for the Exact. Same. Service.

It's nuts.
No, I dealt with govt health care as an Army brat, no thank you, please.
Maybe standardized policies across insurance companies or something to make billing easier.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:15 pm quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
jimc wrote:
^^^^

What we desperately need is national health care in one form or another. I deal with easily a dozen different insurers, and probably TWO dozen or more health plans. Each pays differently, different guidelines-for the Exact. Same. Service.

It's nuts.
No, I dealt with govt health care as an Army brat, no thank you, please.
Maybe standardized policies across insurance companies or something to make billing easier.
So some sort of national mandate, but not a national health care system... Rather an interesting dichotomy.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:22 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
kshansen wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
mpfrank wrote:
So I don't take insurance in my private mental health practice, and I work for a non-profit community mental health clinic that doesn't either, but sees patients for whatever they can afford to pay.
Ah, on my list of escapist fantasies....

One of the others is moving to Mexico, setting up in my FIL's empty office in my family's house and working for cash in my semiretirement.
Do you do house calls? I have this problem in my neck that's very crunchy!
Gassing up my scooter now!
fledermaus, Sorry to be so late replying here, but I just checked with my health plan and they will only pay for regular gas and not high test! And no Sunoco! And only pays for the tolls on the east bound part of the trip!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Kitted Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2019 K1600GT Sport, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:10 am quote
Our system may not be perfect but it’s there for those that need it and nobody needs to go without healthcare. That being said as an employer of even a small business I feel the need to offer healthcare benefits and have myself have gone outside of the system to an extent and belong to a private clinic. The difference is something else. I can email my provider and within minutes get a response, same day appointment and a prescription faxed to my pharmacy before I can even get there.
Ossessionato
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:01 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
jimc wrote:
^^^^

It's nuts.
Come and live in Italy, you will find yourself very well and now if you come from outside and declare yourself persecuted you will also have a monthly salary ... for free!
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:52 am quote
Had to drive the car to work today, not by choice.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:55 am quote
Waking up in morning feeling like I got hit by freight train and needing over 2 hours to feel like doing anything. It's not every morning just seems to be random which to me is the worst kind of problem be it health related or the way a machine is operating.

I have been on a variety of CPAP type machines for over a year but can not say there has been any consistent feeling of improvement. And what pisses me off the most is anytime I have a doctors appointment I don't feel that bad and I think the doctor does not believe me when I complain about how I feel other times. He just looks at the number the CPAP machine sends him and says your number look good and you appear to be complying with the use of machine.

And to connect this to the Vespa part of this forum wife and I have only taken a couple short rides all summer. It seems like any day where I actually feel good and the weather is good for riding there is yard work or such that needs doing.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:39 am quote
kshansen wrote:
Waking up in morning feeling like I got hit by freight train and needing over 2 hours to feel like doing anything. It's not every morning just seems to be random which to me is the worst kind of problem be it health related or the way a machine is operating.

I have been on a variety of CPAP type machines for over a year but can not say there has been any consistent feeling of improvement. And what pisses me off the most is anytime I have a doctors appointment I don't feel that bad and I think the doctor does not believe me when I complain about how I feel other times. He just looks at the number the CPAP machine sends him and says your number look good and you appear to be complying with the use of machine.

And to connect this to the Vespa part of this forum wife and I have only taken a couple short rides all summer. It seems like any day where I actually feel good and the weather is good for riding there is yard work or such that needs doing.
Damn, sounds rough. I feel for you. If there is something going on, hopefully you can get it sorted soon.

I know the CPAP frustration...probably wrote about this already, but despite being on it for a couple of years, I don't feel rested in the morning as they'd promised, still feel like I haven't really slept much. My sleep doc tells me I'm doing good and the machine will make me live longer. Like that's a priority right now.

Funny, just feeling kind of tired a while ago, then remembered that for some reason I didn't sleep much of the night. Maybe that's the problem. With the CPAP I can't get to sleep unless I'm really tired, so I delay starting it up until I just can't stay awake anymore. When I wake up early, it has to come off until I'm sure I can sleep again. Cripes.

The only good thing about going to the sleep doc is my BP is good. When I go to the internist it's sky high and I have nearly a half-dozen checks, all while I'm protesting that my regular home testing is just fine, or even low. Last time he added an additional drug that made it go even lower and I was dizzy and felt like crap for a few weeks. Sometimes one gets tempted to fire the doctors and live out your life in peace....
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:02 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
Sometimes one gets tempted to fire the doctors and live out your life in peace....
There are times I'm very tempted to do just that but don't think wife would let me have any peace if I did!
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:02 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
Sometimes one gets tempted to fire the doctors and live out your life in peace....
There are times I'm very tempted to do just that but don't think wife would let me have any peace if I did!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:28 am quote
Guess I'm lucky as the CPAP treatment seems to be working for me. I do get up during the night way less often and TBH I was worried abut other things as I would pee about 4 times a night. Turns out that was just me waking up and well that's something to do when you wake up. With the CPAP I wake up usually once a night to use the facilities which is normal so that I'm glad of.

FWIW I have the ResMed AirSense 10 with the humidity control and heated tubing. I also bought a CPAP pillow which really helps as the damn tubing has a better path to the mask.

Man this is NOT something one would expect from a bunch of "bikers" but then again I guess it is now as we keep getting older and kids keep not riding

I can just see Jimmy going over the cliff with an oxygen tank strapped to his Lambretta...
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:45 am quote
People who hijack threads.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:10 pm quote
monogodo wrote:
This isn't the CPAP thread?

Actually I know what you're referring too and yeah that thread got turned sideways. Good luck with getting back on the road on 2 wheels BTW.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:13 pm quote
monogodo wrote:
Some threads are not hijackable, like this one.
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:17 pm quote
People who use the phrase "begs the question" when they mean "raises the question."
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:33 pm quote
monogodo wrote:
People who use the phrase "begs the question" when they mean "raises the question."
I bet you were champing at the bit to get that one off your chest!
Ossessionato
2020 MP3 Sport 500 HPE ABS ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:36 pm quote
Harbinger wrote:
monogodo wrote:
I bet you were champing at the bit to get that one off your chest!
...and that you had to run a gantlet to get there.
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:27 am quote
Whoever told Chrissie Hynde that vibrato was a good thing was sorely mistaken.
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:52 am quote
Now I'm pissed at my insurance agent.

When I bought my 2013 BV350, I added roadside assistance. I even had to use it once to get it towed from home to the shop when it wouldn't start one morning.

When I traded in the 2013 and bought the 2017 BV350, I thought they would simply move the exact same coverage from the 2013 to the 2017. They did not. They moved everything over EXCEPT for the roadside assistance. So when I tried to call to arrange a tow today, they informed me that I didn't have that coverage. When they tried to add it, the system said it isn't eligible, so they'd have to check with underwriting to find out why. I'm now waiting for them to call me back.

In the meantime, I've reserved a truck & trailer from Uhaul for this afternoon to tow it myself.
Addicted
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:56 am quote
if they are a good insurance company they would apologize for the snafu & pay for the towing.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:58 am quote
monogodo wrote:
In the meantime, I've reserved a truck & trailer from Uhaul for this afternoon to tow it myself.
How far is it from your home?
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:28 am quote
Max6200 wrote:
monogodo wrote:
60 mile round trip
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:30 am quote
monogodo wrote:
Max6200 wrote:
monogodo wrote:
60 mile round trip
Be careful.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:16 am quote
Okay I am no longer pissed.

But fear not it won't take long until I blow up a gasket. Stay tuned.

20201006_121430.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:57 pm quote
My wife was getting her hair done, and her hairdresser casually mentions her parents had both tested positive for COVID. Oh, sorry to hear it, the wife says, when was the last time you saw them? Yesterday....
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:49 pm quote
Madison Sully wrote:
My wife was getting her hair done, and her hairdresser casually mentions her parents had both tested positive for COVID. Oh, sorry to hear it, the wife says, when was the last time you saw them? Yesterday....
I think about that time I would have stood up and walked out the door!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:24 pm quote
kshansen wrote:
Madison Sully wrote:
As I understand it, it was toward the end of the transaction.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:33 pm quote
Madison Sully wrote:
kshansen wrote:
Madison Sully wrote:
As I understand it, it was toward the end of the transaction.
Hopefully the end of the transaction is where it stops and your wife takes nothing extra home with her. I have gotten my hair cut once in I think six months and my wife has not had hers done at all. Amen for baseball caps and motorcycle helmets for me. Even though we manage a lot of law firms and similar during Covid certain looks get a pass. Saving money on that fancy paste I use in my hair as well! BUT... employee parking expenses are though the roof as when they do have to go onsite they always drive. Sort of have to suck it up and pay out now (and I get that) but when "this" is all over they are back on public transit.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:37 pm quote
Madison Sully wrote:
Mrs. fledermaus just fired hers....despite wearing a mask, she's been "socializing" a lot on weekends...... time to move on.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:08 am quote
And now for something completely different!

Wind storm knocked out power, hooked up portable generator, turned off switch by meter to avoid back feeding power to grid.

About 20 hours latter learn power is restored. Shut off generator and flip switch back on by meter and find only half of house has power. Power company comes and checks wires to house, all good.

Call electrician and he finds the switch by meter is bad on one leg, needs new switch. Switch is on my side of meter so my bill!

Guess I should be glad that we found the bad switch before it failed in the middle of a blizzard at -10ºF or worse. If switch had over heated it could have killed all power and/or caused a fire!

Well for a little follow up about 1:00pm today electrician comes back with new breaker switch for outside next to meter and by around 4:00pm we have new switch installed and power working again, not bad less than 24 hours from when he first looked at it he had it all fixed. Now just need to wait for the invoice to show up!!!
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:27 am quote
I'm pissing myself off.

I made the mistake of visiting Nextdoor and reading a few threads about various things.

"Nextdoor: come for the sale listings, stay for the thinly veiled racism!"
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:27 am quote
Just spent 9 grand replacing A/C units in my office. Noticed a trickle of water into the hallway the next day...dried up yesterday, and now it's back.

And now the furnace isn't running either.

Meanwhile, my receptionist is seeing her kids in Cali and I'm trying to run solo here....

Always nice to have a running start on the day.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:48 am quote
kshansen wrote:
Well for a little follow up about 1:00pm today electrician comes back with new breaker switch for outside next to meter and by around 4:00pm we have new switch installed and power working again, not bad less than 24 hours from when he first looked at it he had it all fixed. Now just need to wait for the invoice to show up!!!
Well a little more follow up, still no invoice, but did decide to investigate reason for switch failure! Unfortunately switch was not made to be taken apart so had to get a bit rough with it. Well I did find the bug in the switch and that is not a figurative term!

You can see the contact with bug parts on it with arrow pointing to it!
Dam stink bugs!

bug in switch.JPG

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:55 am quote
kshansen wrote:
kshansen wrote:
Well a little more follow up, still no invoice, but did decide to investigate reason for switch failure! Unfortunately switch was not made to be taken apart so had to get a bit rough with it. Well I did find the bug in the switch and that is not a figurative term!

Dam stink bugs!
Wow...last thing I would have expected....
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:22 pm quote
[quote="fledermaus"]
kshansen wrote:
kshansen wrote:
Dam stink bugs!
Wow...last thing I would have expected....
Yea, I was expecting to find corrosion as this switch box is located on the outside of the west end of house, so it gets hit bad by the weather as there is no real protection from the wind and rain.

And t think if it was easy to disassemble I could have fixed that switch with nothing more that a little spit and a scratching of finger nail.

Just guessing that as this is a 200amp breaker box and the approx 3 hour labor charge for an electrician to replace it I will not be surprised if total charge exceeds $1,000.00! All because one little bug got caught when I flipped the switch so I could keep power in the house with genset!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:27 pm quote
kshansen wrote:
All because one little bug got caught when I flipped the switch so I could keep power in the house with genset!
Poor bug.

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:35 pm quote
Madison Sully wrote:
kshansen wrote:
All because one little bug got caught when I flipped the switch so I could keep power in the house with genset!
Poor bug.
It was a quick end.
Ossessionato
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:13 am quote
Mother nature takes revenge.
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:19 am quote
The attitude of this country/our society with regards to mental health is pissing me off, especially as it applies to men.

Asking for/getting help with mental health struggles should be as commonplace as buying a box of Band-Aids™ at one's local pharmacy, and carry the same level of stigma for needing it.
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...373839Next
[ Time: 0.2199s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0591s) ][ Debug on ]