[NSR] What's Pissing you off Today? II
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...414243
Veni, Vidi, Posti
300CC Italian scooter, 750CC Russian Sidecar,1650CC Bavarian ADV Tourer.
Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:49 pm quote
flordian wrote:
Just found out that my wife of 31 years was diagnosed with T cell lymphoma. Prognosis is bad. I fuckn hate cancer. Why?
Because 2020... My sister-in-law was also diagnosed with bladder cancer. While not as serious they thought they got it all but now there are more growths.

I am so sorry to hear this flordian and my thoughts are with you and your wife. You will be there for her and provide all the support, strength and love she needs.

Yes, I fuckn hate cancer too.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:28 pm quote
Sorry to hear that for both of you.
Addicted
2010 GTV250ie - Sienna Ivory
Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:24 pm quote
flordian wrote:
Just found out that my wife of 31 years was diagnosed with T cell lymphoma. Prognosis is bad. I fuckn hate cancer. Why?
(((hugs)))
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:16 pm quote
Damn, floridan, that just sucks.
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:11 am quote
While driving the car to the Credit Union after work to make a deposit before they closed, I hit a chunk of metal with my left front tire when I changed lanes on the freeway. I hit it rather hard, so I hoped that nothing happened. As I took the exit, the Low Tire Pressure light came on. I immediately called Discount Tire to see about taking it in. They said that as long as I got there by 6pm, they'd get it fixed/changed same day. Since it was about 4:45, and they were less than 30 minutes away, I was good.

They put a new tire on, and because we always pay for the extended warranty on tires we buy from them, it only cost $23 for the new warranty, instead of $150+. Because the right rear tire had the most wear, they moved the new tire to that position, and put the worn tire on the left front.

I then picked up dinner for my wife and I, and headed home.

As I was crossing the bridge into Irving, I hit a huge pothole. With the left front tire. Again, it was a massive impact, so I hoped there wasn't any tire damage. I made it the rest of the way home, and the tire pressure light never came on.

We ate dinner, then I went out to check to see if there was a bubble in the sidewall or anything.

Good news: no tire damage.

Bad news: massive dent with 2" crack in the rim. The car is now at the shop awaiting a new wheel to be shipped from Chicago, so I'm on the scooter until then.

My collision coverage will cover it, but I have a $500 deductible, so it might not be worth it to file a claim.

RimDamage.jpg
The crack is not visible in the photo above.

Ossessionato
1991 T5 Pole Position, 2008 LXS 125, 2013 Peugeot Metropolis RS
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:44 am quote
flordian wrote:
I don't normally frequent this thread. Reading other's woes isn't very therapeutic in these troubled times.

So sorry that I've only just read this Bob, I really hope your wife gets the best treatment possible and that miracles do happen to good people, especially Mr & Mrs Rocketman!

Take care {hugs}

Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:36 pm
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?

Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:43 pm
This post was not quite
Try again, perhaps?

Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:59 pm
This post was not quite
Try again, perhaps?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:41 pm quote
Too stressed to stress eat today.
Molto Verboso
Medley 150
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:01 pm quote
I'm pissed off because I logged on too late to see what was said in the deleted posts. Damn.
Wouldn't be surprised if Zoomit was involved.
Ossessionato
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:08 am quote
Returning to the aluminum alloy wheel ... here in my area there are repair workshops and the price is generally 70 per wheel, both for scooters / motorcycles and for cars.
This is also an indication of the state of maintenance of the roads (at least so you piss on the wheel and not on forbidden things...).
Molto Verboso
Gina, 1965 Vespa 180SS, Bella,1968 Vespa 150 Super, Francesca, 2006 Vespa LX150, Sofia, 2007 Vespa GT200, Gabriella, 2017 GTS300 ABS
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:54 am quote
flordian wrote:
So sorry to hear that flordian, the work she did on the jacket you sent me when I was a new member and our first gift exchange still amazes me. Stay strong, as we say here in New Zealand; kia kaha
Ossessionato
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:02 am quote
pigletpilot wrote:
flordian wrote:
So sorry to hear that flordian, the work she did on the jacket you sent me when I was a new member and our first gift exchange still amazes me. Stay strong, as we say here in New Zealand; kia kaha
It seems that optimism is not the ideal feeling but on my example (an 85% removal of the pancreas for cancer in 1989) and three relapses with consequent chemo therapies, I am told that there is always hope, thirty-one years later I'm still here.
It wasn't a walk in the park but there were also happy moments.
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:11 am quote
Attila wrote:
Returning to the aluminum alloy wheel ... here in my area there are repair workshops and the price is generally 70 per wheel, both for scooters / motorcycles and for cars.
This is also an indication of the state of maintenance of the roads (at least so you piss on the wheel and not on forbidden things...).
Yes, there are shops here that can repair damaged wheels, and I thought about going that route.

I decided against it due to the fact that the wheel is actually cracked (see pic below), and the damage is near the valve stem, which is the weakest point of the wheel, due to the reduced amount of material. It's difficult to see the crack in the image because of the angle of the photo. I've circled the crack. I'm kicking myself for not taking an additional pic of it. It's bad.

Had it just been a dent/bend in the wheel, I'd go the repair route. It's the crack that concerns me.

And as for the state of maintenance of the road, that bridge is notorious for having potholes. At this point, it's probably more patching material than original surface. It's two lanes each direction, and there was a one year period where they had it reduced down to one lane each direction, because the damage was so severe, but the city was unable to get a repair crew out to fix it. The hole I hit is actually an existing repaired hole that was re-damaged.

RimDamageCrack.jpg
Crack is circled.

Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:49 am quote
Something new pissing me off:

I've been "volunteered" to be an evaluator of various bids from vendors for printers for work. The buyer who gave us the evaluation sheet is having us score up to 15 points for each category, but the categories are yes/no questions. So the evaluation ends up being meaningless. This is the third evaluation I've been asked to do for her, and it's the same every time. A few of us have even told her that it doesn't make sense. (I should mention, we're allowed to collaborate on the evaluations, we just can't share our individual scores with each other. So we can help each other find the information.)
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T (totaled), GTS 250, S 150 (Missing in KS), Something Chinese, GT 200 (sold)
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:35 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
Too stressed to stress eat today.
That was a hard day for me too.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 Vespa LX 190, 2011 LXV150ie
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:23 am quote
Attila wrote:
pigletpilot wrote:
flordian wrote:
It seems that optimism is not the ideal feeling but on my example (an 85% removal of the pancreas for cancer in 1989) and three relapses with consequent chemo therapies, I am told that there is always hope, thirty-one years later I'm still here.
It wasn't a walk in the park but there were also happy moments.
Surviving 31 years with pancreatic cancer tells me that there is indeed hope! Keep pluggin', Atilla!
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:41 pm quote
Grr... Just spent a couple of fruitless hours trying to get a Win 7 and a Win 10 computer to network happily together. Sod it, just email the files...
Ossessionato
Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:26 am quote
jimc wrote:
Grr... Just spent a couple of fruitless hours trying to get a Win 7 and a Win 10 computer to network happily together. Sod it, just email the files...
If the files aren't big, you have a landline phone and an old analog modem, you can use them to do this.
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:41 am quote
jimc wrote:
That's why I always have a USB flash drive handy.
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:55 am quote
A few things from the weekend, that have carried over to today:

(1) I hadn't heard from the dealership on Friday as to the status of the wheel replacement on my car, so I called them when I got home. I learned that they received the wheel, but that they need a valve stem for it, and they had to order it, and that it'd be Monday (today) before they'd have it. I was incredulous that they didn't have something as basic as a valve stem in stock. I asked if they had a loaner vehicle available, because we needed to go grocery shopping, and I wouldn't be able to do so on my scooter (we needed 8 gallons of water for my wife's aquaria). They said they did, so I went to get it. When I got there, I learned why there hadn't been any communication from them about the repair status. Their entire 7 location dealership group, across two states, had been hit by ransomware, and had no access to their computers. The service manager had gone to Staples and picked up generic carbonless service ticket forms so they could do repairs. They were using his personal laptop to be able to check out people and process loaner vehicles. They were using personal phones to make calls. I felt bad for them. They gave me a 2021 Hyundai Sonata with less than 500 miles on it. It's a nice car, with lots of nice features (heated seats, lots of safety features), but we'd rather have our Veloster.

(2) I got an email Friday afternoon from the purchasing department at work, questioning my evaluation rankings. So I spent another hour going through the proposals, page by page, to find justification for my rankings. I notated the justification in my response email. I did adjust a few of them (lowered a few, but also raised a few), and was sure to thank them for allowing me to do a better job. An hour later (while riding home), I received a reply questioning my justification. Since I am paid hourly, and it was the weekend, I ignored it until this morning. There were 4 vendors that I stated that they had provided their website. There were 5 vendors that provided data sheets. There were 4 that provided neither. The purchasing persons reply to me was that not all vendors provided the link to their website. So this morning, I went through the 4 vendors and indicated on which page I found the website.

(edit)
ARRRGH!!!
She kept pushing back on my evaluation scores. I spoke with another, more experienced evaluator, and he said she emailed him about his, too. He said she sent him a list with page numbers. Turns out, it is the list I created to justify my scores, and she's using it to force others to change their scores.

I finally had to make an implied threat of an ethics violation to get her to back off. ("It seems unethical to me that Im being asked to change my evaluation score, when I can justify it based on the discussions that were had during the evaluation meeting, and the information provided." and "My scores will not change, as I will not compromise my ethics by changing them to something I do not agree with.")

Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:07 pm
This post was not quite
Try again, perhaps?
Rallies Europe 2016   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...414243
[ Time: 0.5223s ][ Queries: 27 (0.3968s) ][ Debug on ]