[NSR] What's Pissing you off Today? II
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...424344
Veni, Vidi, Posti
300CC Italian scooter, 750CC Russian Sidecar,1650CC Bavarian ADV Tourer.
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:47 am quote
jimc wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
We had Kitec plumbing in our building and a LOT of owners were surprised when they found out the plumbing inside the unit was on them. It cost us about $5,000 to replace ours with copper.
I'd have replaced with PEX rather than copper, but whatever.
We weren't given the choice in the matter. So while we had to pay we also had to use the company contracted to do it.
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:44 pm quote
Harbinger wrote:
jimc wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
We had Kitec plumbing in our building and a LOT of owners were surprised when they found out the plumbing inside the unit was on them. It cost us about $5,000 to replace ours with copper.
We weren't given the choice in the matter. So while we had to pay we also had to use the company contracted to do it.
Now *that* would piss me off.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
300CC Italian scooter, 750CC Russian Sidecar,1650CC Bavarian ADV Tourer.
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:24 pm quote
jimc wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
jimc wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Now *that* would piss me off.
Yeah, it pissed a lot of us off.
Enthusiast

Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:57 pm quote
I got banned from the modern vespa facebook group tear*
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:13 pm quote
Jonny360 wrote:
I got banned from the modern vespa facebook group tear*
This is a thread where we talk about bad things that have happened.
Enthusiast
2020 GTS300 HPE
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:24 am quote
learned how to talk like a sailor
been thread surfing. just came from another thread posted recently from across the Pond. wow, learned some sailor talk and bad grammar. must have been in quarantine too long over there, and no riding. Spring is coming. Hang on.
Molto Verboso
2013 GTS300ie
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:24 pm quote
57 - 43
'nuff said.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:41 pm quote
Re: 57 - 43
Fudmucker wrote:
'nuff said.
43? I think you got that wrong.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/sep/16/new-zealand-south-africa-rugby-championship-all-blacks-irresistible-record-defeat-report
Molto Verboso
Medley 150
Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:56 pm quote
Re: learned how to talk like a sailor
Had to read the title twice - thought it said 'learned how to walk like
a sailor'.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:01 pm quote
Like with a peg leg? Yeah, that would piss me off.
Molto Verboso
2013 GTS300ie
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:17 am quote
Re: 57 - 43
Well done, All Blacks (an ironical name in a racial context - which is unavoidable in ZA.)
There is no doubt that NZ has a motivated rugby team with great coaches.
They also have a nation that stands 100% behind the team - no matter how many persons of colour are playing.

I wasn't talking rugby, but I think we all know that.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:48 am quote
Well, not seriously pissed off, but.

Posted some old farm pictures on FB which turned out to be wildly popular. Most comments as expected, but a couple of people speculated that one of them looked like a mule. Considering I lived with the people that owned them (parents and grandparents) I should know.

Anyway, after either ignoring the comments, or suggesting that the animal in questing was, indeed a horse, I looked at the post today where someone (I'll call him Bob) said something like, "Wow, a Cyldesdale and a mule. What a combination!" To which someone responded, "So it IS a mule then!"

I just responded, "If Bob says so....."

Then there's reading comprehension....I can't count the people who read the description and still thought my grandfather was my dad. I'm old and all, but sheesh.

21.jpg
Gramps and the team

Molto Verboso
Medley 150
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:38 pm quote
fledermaus wrote:
(I'll call him Bob)

'Francis' would be more appropriate.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:49 pm quote
fledermaus wrote:
Well, not seriously pissed off, but.

Posted some old farm pictures on FB which turned out to be wildly popular. Most comments as expected, but a couple of people speculated that one of them looked like a mule. Considering I lived with the people that owned them (parents and grandparents) I should know.

Anyway, after either ignoring the comments, or suggesting that the animal in questing was, indeed a horse, I looked at the post today where someone (I'll call him Bob) said something like, "Wow, a Cyldesdale and a mule. What a combination!" To which someone responded, "So it IS a mule then!"

I just responded, "If Bob says so....."

Then there's reading comprehension....I can't count the people who read the description and still thought my grandfather was my dad. I'm old and all, but sheesh.
No Dave... I understand something ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shire_horse
Addicted
Vespa GTS Super
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:03 am quote
priscillaj wrote:
been thread surfing. just came from another thread posted recently from across the Pond. wow, learned some sailor talk and bad grammar. must have been in quarantine too long over there, and no riding. Spring is coming. Hang on.
And that pissed you off?
Enthusiast
2012 GTS 300 Super
Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:01 pm quote
Couldn’t let this thread get too far won the list...
Dishonest people who sell firewood. They say it’s “seasoned” but a moisture meter on a freshly split piece shows 35+ % moisture. 20% is appropriate for burning. Some dump a load that is said to be a cord but after they are paid and gone the wood stacks up to 3/4 cord. Next trick is to bring a pickup load that appears to be the amount ordered but there is 4-6” of bark in the bottom of the bed. Some ignore a buyer who wants to bring a moisture meter when buying wood. I’ve found more to be dishonest than honest. My Dad used to cut firewood and he went overboard to be sure the customer got their money’s worth. Caveat Emptor!
Ossessionato
2020 MP3 Sport 500 HPE ABS ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:26 pm quote
PapaWheelie wrote:
Couldn’t let this thread get too far won the list...
Dishonest people who sell firewood. They say it’s “seasoned” but a moisture meter on a freshly split piece shows 35+ % moisture. 20% is appropriate for burning. Some dump a load that is said to be a cord but after they are paid and gone the wood stacks up to 3/4 cord. Next trick is to bring a pickup load that appears to be the amount ordered but there is 4-6” of bark in the bottom of the bed. Some ignore a buyer who wants to bring a moisture meter when buying wood. I’ve found more to be dishonest than honest. My Dad used to cut firewood and he went overboard to be sure the customer got their money’s worth. Caveat Emptor!
Then there's the "face cord". It's a stack eight feet wide and four feet high (so far so good) but only as deep as the pieces themselves - usually 18 - 20 inches.

A full cord is eight feet by four feet by four feet.

Caveat Emptor, indeed.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T (totaled), GTS 250, S 150 (Missing in KS), Something Chinese, GT 200 (sold)
Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:31 pm quote
Gedmunds wrote:
priscillaj wrote:
And that pissed you off?
Hope that ain't me. I don't talk like no sailor. Ain't like me.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2012 Honda NC700 DCT, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:48 pm quote
Max6200 wrote:
Gedmunds wrote:
priscillaj wrote:
And that pissed you off?
Paging capt. gary....
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:44 pm quote
Madison Sully wrote:
Max6200 wrote:
Gedmunds wrote:
priscillaj wrote:
And that pissed you off?
Paging capt. gary....

And the singing of sea shantys?
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...424344
[ Time: 0.5931s ][ Queries: 25 (0.4526s) ][ Debug on ]