[NSR] What's Pissing you off Today? II
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous1234567Next
Hooked
Bv350, aprillia scarabeo light. 500.
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:23 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
People that leave negative karma when you voice a thought out polite response. Think maybe it's time I take a break from MV for a while. Pretty slow around here now anyway.
. Do not let us get you down! This entertainment, enjoy the ride.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:39 am quote
KABarash wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
People that leave negative karma when you voice a thought out polite response. Think maybe it's time I take a break from MV for a while. Pretty slow around here now anyway.
Don’t worry too much about it, we’re all really a bunch of crumugions here anyway.
That's "curmudgeon," dammit!

There, me feels a bit better now.
Ossessionato
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:17 am quote
I appreciate the kind remarks. Thing is there are a few people here that are out to get me. It's very easy to be a jerk from behind a keyboard. I may have my opinions about certain things and when someone says something I disagree with I will respond. I try to respond in a polite well thought out manner. I also do not hand out bad karma unless they say something very rude. Even then I have only done it very few times and I think every user I have done it to has been banned. I'll admit I've done it in retaliation when I KNOW who did it to me.

The thing is... it's stupid to care. This is a board on the internet and will of course attract all types. Vespa tends to attract a few different groups and one is very conservative in their thinking and well if you disagree no matter how politely.....

Anyway... I have a high stress life because of what I do for a living. If angry people behind keyboards want to take their frustration out on me instead of communicated in a well thought out adult manner I can't be bothered. I do like a lot of the folks here but am not going to argue with juveniles that enjoy clicking on bad karma. So we'll see how things go I guess and this hitting me with bad karma has only really started recently. I'm just fine with them "winning" .I come here because I enjoy it and if I stop enjoying it I'll just leave. I know FB and other social sites are part of the cause MV isn't as busy as it used to be. However it also only takes a few angry people behind keyboards to kill a site like this and make people go away.
Ossessionato
2010 BV TOURER 500ie
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:37 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
I appreciate the kind remarks. Thing is there are a few people here that are out to get me. It's very easy to be a jerk from behind a keyboard. I may have my opinions about certain things and when someone says something I disagree with I will respond. I try to respond in a polite well thought out manner. I also do not hand out bad karma unless they say something very rude. Even then I have only done it very few times and I think every user I have done it to has been banned. I'll admit I've done it in retaliation when I KNOW who did it to me.

The thing is... it's stupid to care. This is a board on the internet and will of course attract all types. Vespa tends to attract a few different groups and one is very conservative in their thinking and well if you disagree no matter how politely.....

Anyway... I have a high stress life because of what I do for a living. If angry people behind keyboards want to take their frustration out on me instead of communicated in a well thought out adult manner I can't be bothered. I do like a lot of the folks here but am not going to argue with juveniles that enjoy clicking on bad karma. So we'll see how things go I guess and this hitting me with bad karma has only really started recently. I'm just fine with them "winning" .I come here because I enjoy it and if I stop enjoying it I'll just leave. I know FB and other social sites are part of the cause MV isn't as busy as it used to be. However it also only takes a few angry people behind keyboards to kill a site like this and make people go away.
You have to remember that on public boards like MV there are many pot bellied, dentally challenged, mouth breathing, knuckle draggers subscribing to them.
MV has a fair share of these types and you have likely irked some of them.
I know I have over the years.
Ossessionato
LX150, GTS300, BV350, EN650
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:28 am quote
Harbinger wrote:

Agree with you 110% Harbinger.

As General "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell used to say: "Don't let the bastards grind you down."
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:02 pm quote
EN82pg wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

You have to remember that on public boards like MV there are many pot bellied, dentally challenged, mouth breathing, knuckle draggers subscribing to them.
Haven't seen too many on the Show Us You thread.... Oh, wait, being too literal here.....

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's the internet for one....I'll say that this is one of the nicer places to hang out, but it's not perfect. I'm assuming you comment on the scooter girls thread is what you're referring to. I have to say, I wasn't too sure what to make of it, but as such, decided to leave it alone. So it could have been misconstrued. My humor leans toward the sarcastic at times, and it's reallyeasy to be misunderstood. I try to be careful, but surprised that things don't go wrong all that often.

Seems the better approach to these things is to ask for clarification or walk away. Saves a lot of grief.

I think you're a good asset here, so don't let a little kerfuffle get you down.
Ossessionato
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:01 pm quote
fledermaus wrote:
EN82pg wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

Haven't seen too many on the Show Us You thread.... Oh, wait, being too literal here.....

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's the internet for one....I'll say that this is one of the nicer places to hang out, but it's not perfect. I'm assuming you comment on the scooter girls thread is what you're referring to. I have to say, I wasn't too sure what to make of it, but as such, decided to leave it alone. So it could have been misconstrued. My humor leans toward the sarcastic at times, and it's reallyeasy to be misunderstood. I try to be careful, but surprised that things don't go wrong all that often.

Seems the better approach to these things is to ask for clarification or walk away. Saves a lot of grief.

I think you're a good asset here, so don't let a little kerfuffle get you down.
Thank you sir and yeah I see your points. I'm about as deadpan and sarcastic as you can get. It definitely can be misunderstood especially from those that English is not their mother tongue and/or are from a culture different than the USA/Canadian one. I do feel that if you disagree with someone it's best to discuss it rather than just hit the negative button. That really solves nothing in a disagreement and well sometimes people will just disagree.

I'll stick around, I'm pleasantly surprised by those that have posted and PM'd me. Hopefully we can use the good karma for those that help and the negative for the really offensive stuff. It really isn't that important (karma here) in the big picture of my life but I would like the only social site I visit to be a pleasant distraction during my day. Like I said a lot of good folks and we should be able to disagree and still get along
Addicted
'08 Gunuine Buddy 150 St Tropez 'Simon' '04 Honda Metropolitian 'Archie' [Sadly had to trade it away ;-( ]
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:01 pm quote
fledermaus wrote:
KABarash wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Don’t worry too much about it, we’re all really a bunch of crumugions here anyway.
That's "curmudgeon," dammit!

There, me feels a bit better now.
😖😖 Grrrr... Damned spellcheck didn’t catch my not-enough-coffee-yet-bad-spelling!!

HaHahaaaaa... “” curmudgeon”” yep, that’s us.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:12 pm quote
On the plus side, it’s been ages since we saw a good old public disemvowling.

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:28 pm quote
My LX 50 is taking forever to start.
Hooked
Vespa PX 125 Settantesimo
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:27 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
I wouldn't worry about it. This place would be a lot less interesting if people did not express an opinion on something. Keep up the good work!
Ossessionato
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:13 am quote
johnymoore wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
I wouldn't worry about it. This place would be a lot less interesting if people did not express an opinion on something. Keep up the good work!
Thank you. Again I've actually learnt that I have made some good acquaintances here and actually a friend or 2. My father is approaching the end of his life and while I haven't posted about it publicly on MV I am close enough to a few people here that there is someone I've been able to talk to. Of course I have friends in real life but most of those relationships are also professional. Funny thing is people open up to me all the time but I am very much a closed book. The stuff with my dad coming to a head and my getting nailed karma-wise here hit at almost the exact same time. I suppose that is what sent me a little over the edge. I mean it's just a karma system on a site on the internet and shouldn't get to me. That day it id did...

I know a lot of us miss Judy and it almost seems like the site isn't quite the same without her. She was one of the special people here and someone you could open up to that didn't have a mean bone in her body.
Ossessionato
BV350, Yamaha Zuma 125, Yamaha FZ6, Toro 3521
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:25 am quote
Harbinger, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. It's a difficult time, I know.

You can always lean on us here on MV. We're here to listen.

JKJ
Ossessionato
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:34 am quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
Harbinger, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. It's a difficult time, I know.

You can always lean on us here on MV. We're here to listen.

JKJ
Thank you. It is hard and there are a lot of conflicting emotions at play when it comes to my father.
Ossessionato
Midnight Blue MP3 400
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:58 am quote
Hi Harbinger,

A lot of stuff can come up at times like this in our lives. I am glad you are reaching out.
Ossessionato
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:16 am quote
mpfrank wrote:
Hi Harbinger,

A lot of stuff can come up at times like this in our lives. I am glad you are reaching out.
Thanks Michael. I may post comprehensive thread at some point. I'm sure a lot of us have been through it and many of us will go through it. There is a lot of collective wisdom on this site.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Typhoon 125
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:18 am quote
johnymoore wrote:
This place would be a lot less interesting if people did not express an opinion on something. Keep up the good work!
I agree with this. There are a few, however, who forget the difference between thoughtfully expressing opinions, and simply attacking a person who has a different one. Fortunately most of those folks don't last too long.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:00 pm quote
Harbinger wrote:
mpfrank wrote:
Hi Harbinger,

Thanks Michael. I may post comprehensive thread at some point. I'm sure a lot of us have been through it and many of us will go through it. There is a lot of collective wisdom on this site.
I was thinking of suggesting you starting a thread to share if you were inclined to. I know not everyone likes to be open about things, but I think there are plenty of people here (myself included) that care and would be willing to reflect with you. It's not an easy time, no matter how you approach it.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:10 pm quote
Jet Peddler wrote:
tommylittlescooter wrote:
San Francisco is pissing me off this morning. Towed the rental car away for supposedly blocking a driveway when it certainly was not. $638 and it’s only been 2 hrs. Criminals
San Antonio just passed laws (several years ago) that put reasonable caps on towing and storage fees. Very much needed.

You're being robbed, literally. Sorry to hear it.
Buddy pays $800 a MONTH for the insurance for his tow trucks.
Tell you once thing, he is NOT rich by any means.
$65-$75 to hook up and $2 a mile seems reasonable to me.
Ossessionato
BV350, Yamaha Zuma 125, Yamaha FZ6, Toro 3521
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:50 pm quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
Jet Peddler wrote:
tommylittlescooter wrote:
San Francisco is pissing me off this morning. Towed the rental car away for supposedly blocking a driveway when it certainly was not. $638 and it’s only been 2 hrs. Criminals
San Antonio just passed laws (several years ago) that put reasonable caps on towing and storage fees. Very much needed.

You're being robbed, literally. Sorry to hear it.
Buddy pays $800 a MONTH for the insurance for his tow trucks.
Tell you once thing, he is NOT rich by any means.
$65-$75 to hook up and $2 a mile seems reasonable to me.
In my head I can hear Steve Goodman singing Lincoln Park Pirates...
"The streetlights are on in Chicago tonight
And lovers are gazing at stars.
The bars are all closing
And Daley is dozing
And the fat man is counting the cars..."
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:21 pm quote
I'm back too soon.

Finally started writing Christmas cards. In what has become a tradition for me, I dusted off my best fountain pen (Mont Blanc Meisterstuck purchased 40 years ago at a high point of a fountain pen fetish), put in some green ink and got to work. Pen in hand, I was putting something in the entryway, bumped my hand and the pen hit the floor, splitting in two and spilling it's load of ink all over the tile.

After being p.o.'d about my stupidity and cleaning up the huge mess (it's incredible how far a few ml of ink goes ), I'm stuck with an incredibly pricey pen that's now in two pieces.

Guess I'm sending it in to see what can be done. Guessing it's repairable, even though I could probably buy a lifetime supply of pens for what it will cost me.

Is that a good enough excuse for not writing the rest of my cards?
Ossessionato
Midnight Blue MP3 400
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:45 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
I'm back too soon.

Finally started writing Christmas cards. In what has become a tradition for me, I dusted off my best fountain pen (Mont Blanc Meisterstuck purchased 40 years ago at a high point of a fountain pen fetish), put in some green ink and got to work. Pen in hand, I was putting something in the entryway, bumped my hand and the pen hit the floor, splitting in two and spilling it's load of ink all over the tile.

After being p.o.'d about my stupidity and cleaning up the huge mess (it's incredible how far a few ml of ink goes ), I'm stuck with an incredibly pricey pen that's now in two pieces.

Guess I'm sending it in to see what can be done. Guessing it's repairable, even though I could probably buy a lifetime supply of pens for what it will cost me.

Any port in a storm.

I was thinking that it was a good thing you didn't have carpeting, but then that probably would have saved the pen. Better not to have dropped it in the first place (Duh!).

I like writing with fountain pens. I have gone in and out with them since I was in fifth grade. I'm at the other end of the spectrum from you with my LAMY Safari pens.
Hooked
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:48 am quote
Rain is pissing me off! All day today and part of tomorrow!

Last edited by zigzagguzzi on Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Ossessionato
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:49 am quote
Same here, cold and wet
Hooked
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:51 am quote
Warm here, 60s.
Ossessionato
Midnight Blue MP3 400
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:59 am quote
zigzagguzzi wrote:
Warm here, 60s.
Cold here, 60s.
Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:31 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
I'm back too soon.

You're a more talented guy than me. My left handedness would preclude me from using any kind of fountain pen. Also, I never developed that Barak Obama wrap around bent wrist style of writing, so my pinky just drags along smearing everything. I'd be perfect for writing arabic or hebrew!

And yes, lefties DO notice when other lefties are around, and how they do things.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:16 am quote
Larrytsg wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
I'm back too soon.

You're a more talented guy than me. My left handedness would preclude me from using any kind of fountain pen. Also, I never developed that Barak Obama wrap around bent wrist style of writing, so my pinky just drags along smearing everything. I'd be perfect for writing arabic or hebrew!

And yes, lefties DO notice when other lefties are around, and how they do things.
You haven't seen my handwriting.

My mother's a lefty....only pens around when she was a kid were fountain pens, and yeah, sounds messy.

Funny how she notices immediately who's left-handed. I'm far more oblivious, although I do notice where people wear their watches.
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:31 am quote
mpfrank wrote:
zigzagguzzi wrote:
Warm here, 60s.
Cold here, 60s.
Fricken heatwave here: low 40s.
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:33 am quote
But come Monday...

EAFA0601-19CC-4A90-8F23-BB6185C0FC4D.png

Enthusiast
'13 Buddy 125 Seafoam
Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:44 am quote
mpfrank wrote:
zigzagguzzi wrote:
Warm here, 60s.
Cold here, 60s.
warm here today 40s...but yesterday cold 20s...

as far as what i have to b!tch about today...maybe traffic on my 43 mile commute home tonight...maybe some jackass that causes an accident and screws everything up...other than that...it's friday and there isn't much a couple beers and some legal MJ can't fix
Ossessionato
Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:52 am quote
tdrake wrote:
But come Monday...
Wait... that pisses you off? Must be clouds you don't like :-p
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:03 pm quote
Harbinger wrote:
tdrake wrote:
But come Monday...
Wait... that pisses you off? Must be clouds you don't like :-p
Ha ha -- yeah, high standards donchaknow.

"I say, Jeeves, might one move that cloud a bit to the left? Ah, good man."
Rocket Man
GTS 300 ABS ‘Drake', GTS 250 (sold), LX 150 and Delta IV rocket. ( Retired. Not my problem anymore)
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:05 pm quote
If one more person gives me a fruitcake I swear I’m gonna puke!
Molto Verboso
GT200 & GTS250 & NC750X & Royal Enfield Pegasus
Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:07 am quote
Came home on the bike from work, it's just above freezing at the moment so you arrive home a little cold, and the electricity had failed for the house. That meant no heating either. Ended up keeping all my bike gear on and reading my kindle with a glass of wine in the dark. Luckily the neighbours invited us over for dinner and now have a generator chugging away outside the house. Hey ho.
Banned

Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:53 am quote
Content deleted by tenders. A forum where management/moderators repeatedly quash and delete well-intentioned, constructive concerns about governance issues raised by multiple users does not deserve my participation.

Last edited by tenders on Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:00 am quote
tenders wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
I'm back too soon.

You may wish to avail yourself of the services of the Fountain Pen Hospital, a bona fide NYC institution past which I walk every day on my way to work. I have often wondered what kind of loony Luddite would patronize such a store; now I know: scooter riders!

https://www.fountainpenhospital.com
thanks! Actually think I ran across their website while researching repairs. As it is, Mont Blanc has a repair service too that I went with. Not going to be cheap, but hey, I'm still out ahead, and sentiment wins! And I wear my "loony Luddite" as a badge of honor.
Ossessionato
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:01 am quote
tenders wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
I'm back too soon.

You may wish to avail yourself of the services of the Fountain Pen Hospital, a bona fide NYC institution past which I walk every day on my way to work. I have often wondered what kind of loony Luddite would patronize such a store; now I know: scooter riders!

https://www.fountainpenhospital.com
Makes sense on a forum for of lots of Vespa owners dontchya think? I mean we could just ride asian scoots that do the same thing and cost less. Just like you could easily sign your Christmas cards with a cheap ballpoint pen. So cheers to the loony Luddites of the world
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:07 am quote
flordian wrote:
Probably too late, but you could slip it into the gift package of a deserving scooterist......
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:20 pm quote
flordian wrote:
Flordian, You might actually like a fruitcake from my ex-wife! It was a basic fruitcake actually made from a mix but about every day for a few weeks she would drizzle a shot of rum over the top and wrap it back up!
Your Rally Here   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous1234567Next
[ Time: 0.3244s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0593s) ][ Debug on ]