UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)

Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
UTC quote
flordian wrote:
If one more person gives me a fruitcake I swear I'm gonna puke! Crying or Very sad emoticon
Flordian, You might actually like a fruitcake from my ex-wife! It was a basic fruitcake actually made from a mix but about every day for a few weeks she would drizzle a shot of rum over the top and wrap it back up!
@kshansen avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)

Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
UTC quote
flordian wrote:
If one more person gives me a fruitcake I swear I'm gonna puke! Crying or Very sad emoticon
Flordian, You might actually like a fruitcake from my ex-wife! It was a basic fruitcake actually made from a mix but about every day for a few weeks she would drizzle a shot of rum over the top and wrap it back up!
@kshansen avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)

Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
UTC quote
flordian wrote:
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
kshansen wrote:
flordian wrote:
Wow. Three posts in a row. That must have been damned good fruitcake!! Razz emoticon
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
kshansen wrote:
flordian wrote:
Wow. Three posts in a row. That must have been damned good fruitcake!! Razz emoticon
You must have had some.

(There were four) Razz emoticon Laughing emoticon
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
Madison Sully wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
kshansen wrote:
flordian wrote:
You must have had some.

Wow, you're right.

Some fruitcake-loving guy must have snatched her up by now!
@tn_sooner avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain

Molto Verboso
@tn_sooner avatar
UTC quote
It's my understanding that there only exists 1 fruitcake in the world - it simply gets perpetually regifted.
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
UTC quote
My brother makes a fruit cake that everyone seems to drool over and can't wait to get. I don't eat fruit cake, so I have no idea if it is really that good or not.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
My brother makes a fruit cake that everyone seems to drool over and can't wait to get. I don't eat fruit cake, so I have no idea if it is really that good or not.
I always thought rum/brandy was the addition of choice, but to each their own. Clown emoticon

Sorry to tell you, I'm here all morning. Razz emoticon
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
UTC quote
Slept in We have guests coming the evening and will be spending the day cleaning, fun stuff.
@kshansen avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)

Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
Madison Sully wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
kshansen wrote:
flordian wrote:
You must have had some.

Wow, you're right.

Some fruitcake-loving guy must have snatched her up by now!
I have no idea of what caused the multiple posts, Hope this one doesn't do the same! And no did not get snatched up by some guy, I'll leave it at that! She did leave the country however!
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC quote
'twas the night before Christmas...
Well, actually three nights. I'd been over to my sisters' annual Cookie Party this evening, came home to water backing up in the kitchen sink and spilling out the trap. Now I must add "New garbage disposal" to my wish list for Santa, and I'll spend Christmas Day crawling under the sink.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
Re: 'twas the night before Christmas...
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
Well, actually three nights. I'd been over to my sisters' annual Cookie Party this evening, came home to water backing up in the kitchen sink and spilling out the trap. Now I must add "New garbage disposal" to my wish list for Santa, and I'll spend Christmas Day crawling under the sink.
Oooh, my favorite home repair....not. Good luck with that. Creative swearing makes things go smoother. Razz emoticon

Not so much pissed off, but a bit of a sad day today. Came home last night, after dark, and did my routine chicken coop check. Door's automated, should be all set. One of my black hens was missing. Every once in a while, one of them hops the fence, and I find her, scoop her up and tuck her in. Occasionally it's the next morning. Couldn't find it last night, nor this morning. Never stray far. Finally on a recheck, found a small pile of feathers..... Crying or Very sad emoticon Guessing she jumped the fence, stayed outside after dark and got discovered by a fox or coyote. Sad to lose a pet and egg-layer. Still have 3 left, and they're going to be watched closely. Nerd emoticon
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
Had to turn around and go back to the garage after fishtailing a few times today Too icy even with ASR and I was on the 650 pound BMW. Holding that up when it starts to slip makes me really happy I took those advanced training courses. Had to walk (the horror!) to the grocery store.
@waspmike avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold) Now Honda Zoomer X

Ossessionato
@waspmike avatar
UTC quote
Not pissed off just a bit cross. A vandal smashed my speedo plastic cover. So now i have to buy another or the complete speedo.

My UK heritage we haven't been a bit cross since .....
Quote:
The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent events in Syria and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada
@waspmike avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@waspmike avatar
UTC quote
deleted
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
waspmike wrote:
Not pissed off just a bit cross. A vandal smashed my speedo plastic cover. So now i have to buy another or the complete speedo.

My UK heritage we haven't been a bit cross since .....
Quote:
The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent events in Syria and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada
Nothing sucks in the way vandalism does. I never quite get the point, other than taking out your shitty life on an innocent victim.

And thanks for explaining UK emotions. Language can be so challenging. Laughing emoticon
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
chocolate ears
There's always something ..... me fuckin pancreatic cancer has moved ..... got bowel cancer now too 😡😡 ..... balls
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
Re: chocolate ears
T5bitza69 wrote:
There's always something ..... me fuckin pancreatic cancer has moved ..... got bowel cancer now too 😡😡 ..... balls
Fuck, sorry Bitza. Man I don't know what to say... there is nothing to say. Just stay strong as long as you can and enjoy anything you can wring out of what time you have left. You know we care about you and I wish there was more we could do. We're here for you even if it is just to hopefully put a smile on your face once in a while. I'm not religious at all so sorry can't help you there. I just hope when we go it's peaceful and I hope they are taking care of your pain and making things as comfortable for you as possible.
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
Who needs in laws
It's ok ..... I'm no god botherer. ... if there was why would he do this? ...... All that comes with religion is fighting n separation ......
Ya get what ya given n ya get on wi it ....... I don't want more chemo but if I don't I'll definitely go .... if it slows it up then I may be able to fit shit in I need to do ..... I just wanna make good memories for our lass now .... not fighting is not an option
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
Losing Judy was enough, hang in there Bitza and keep fighting and hug your lass as often as you can. Make memories with your family and if you need to bitch you are more than welcome to do it here

Stick around.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
People without a sense of humour, are rude and don't get sarcasm. There are also some people that are just way too serious about things. It's really easy to be a jerk on the Internet. It's very rare I run in to it personally in real life. Of course people also tell me I can be intimidating in person.
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
UTC quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
Don't forget to take the plug out for the dishwasher water line if you have one.
Returned what I thought was a bad dishwasher because of that plug one time.
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
Don't forget to take the plug out for the dishwasher water line if you have one.
Close. This project turned into a two week nightmare, as plumbing tends to do for me. The final (hopefully!) episode was a leak from the dishwasher connection. I should have replaced the old rotted rubber adapter between the dishwasher hose and garbage disposal!

Meanwhile...the old disposal wouldn't come out...and all the instructions and Youtube advice didn't match the old style of the disposal. Had to clean out the drain...the cleanout plug in the basement wouldn't budge even with a bigger pipe wrench with a 4 ft. extension...but I managed to get it with a snake from the sink. Then Mrs. JKJ decided she wanted a new faucet...old one wouldn't come out...new one didn't fit the old fittings on the pipes...

At least twenty trips to the store later, numerous cuts and bruises, and much colorful vocabulary...it's finished. (Keeping fingers crossed!)

Happy New Year to All! Scooter emoticon
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula

Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
UTC quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
Close. This project turned into a two week nightmare, as plumbing tends to do for me. The final (hopefully!) episode was a leak from the dishwasher connection. I should have replaced the old rotted rubber adapter between the dishwasher hose and garbage disposal!

Meanwhile...the old disposal wouldn't come out...and all the instructions and Youtube advice didn't match the old style of the disposal. Had to clean out the drain...the cleanout plug in the basement wouldn't budge even with a bigger pipe wrench with a 4 ft. extension...but I managed to get it with a snake from the sink. Then Mrs. JKJ decided she wanted a new faucet...old one wouldn't come out...new one didn't fit the old fittings on the pipes...

At least twenty trips to the store later, numerous cuts and bruises, and much colorful vocabulary...it's finished. (Keeping fingers crossed!)

Too many examples to mention.

I can pretty well gauge the difficulty of a project by how much blood gets on it. I tend not to notice the cuts, abrasions, and bruises until after I've finished. "When did that happen?"
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
UTC quote
Plumbing always take multiple trips to the Hardware Store. It's in the job description, work for and hour or so then go to Hardware Store for parts, repeat at least 3 times.
@rrider avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)

Ossessionato
@rrider avatar
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
UTC quote
T5bitza69 wrote:
Sorry to hear. My father in-law had it similarly, both pancreas and bowel. It was a rough road, he did all the treatments available. Chemo and medicins, doctors said it was too widely spread to be able to be physically operated.

Today, he's a living example that sometime you can win too. It's been closer to 10 years now, frequent controls and no signs of the cancer anymore.
@tdrake avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2006 GT200

Ossessionato
@tdrake avatar
2006 GT200
UTC quote
T5bitza69 wrote:
Awe, fuck. That really puts absolutely everything in perspective.
⚠️ Last edited by tdrake on UTC; edited 1 time
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
mpfrank wrote:
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:

I can pretty well gauge the difficulty of a project by how much blood gets on it. I tend not to notice the cuts, abrasions, and bruises until after I've finished. "When did that happen?"
God, don't I know it. I consider it a sign of a job well-done.

Kraig, I think you deserve a medal for perseverance. I've not been close to that yet....though I think we need a new (stainless) sink pretty soon as there seems to be quite a bit of rust around.....faucet's going in before the sink does. What the heck, why not get a new countertop while we're at it?
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
mpfrank wrote:
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:

God, don't I know it. I consider it a sign of a job well-done.

Kraig, I think you deserve a medal for perseverance. I've not been close to that yet....though I think we need a new (stainless) sink pretty soon as there seems to be quite a bit of rust around.....faucet's going in before the sink does. What the heck, why not get a new countertop while we're at it?
And, ya know, those cabinets have seen better days. And maybe this flooring could use a refresh. And the lighting never has been that great. And these appliances are getting a bit long in the tooth. And wouldn't a window look good right about there. Now that I think about it, this kitchen has always felt a bit cramped and the next room is a bit bigger than we really need. How long have we lived in this house?
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
Moving some things around in the house yesterday, I discovered a packet containing a blank Piaggio key. Can't figure out where the hell it came from, probably been in that spot a good 6 months or longer. Most recently I'd lost my set of GTS keys (learned not to carry a set of keys from one scooter when riding another ), but It almost seems this predates. Perhaps I'd ordered the Piaggio key by mistake? Anyway, wracking my brain to figure out where it came from.

Unfortunately, I just reminded my dealer to send me a blank that I can have cut, so that's likely in the mail by now. Grrr.

I seem to have a habit of thinking I'll remember something, but time goes by and it's gone. Seemed so simple at the time. Note to self: Take notes/label things......

Now I'm trying to remember what I'd read about Piaggio keys....IIRC, they're equal to Vespa, but tend to rip off of a ring less often? Any extra programming needs?
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC quote
Programming per the instructions in the owners manual worked for me.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
Programming per the instructions in the owners manual worked for me.
Guess I'm good, just feel stupid returning the blank I just sent for. Crying or Very sad emoticon

With my record, maybe I should just clone two at a time.
@monogodo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Piaggio BV350

Molto Verboso
@monogodo avatar
2017 Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
What generally pisses me off is when going through the drive through at a fast food restaurant, I'll get up to the window to receive my order, they'll hand me my drink(s), and ask me to pull forward (or some variation of that). I generally refuse.

Then I have to explain that whenever I do that, my order gets screwed up somehow, and I either have to (1) go in to have it corrected (thus defeating the whole point of going through the drive through), (2) wait while the person who ran it out to me goes in to get it fixed (which means my food gets cold), or (3) go home and miss out.

This weekend they asked me to pull forward and I refused, citing the above reason. I then asked for some specific condiments. I had a list of them (Sweet 'n' Low, ketchup, grape jelly), because they were for my wife. The window person asked for the list. I gave it to her, figuring that would ensure it was perfect.

When she handed me my order, I checked it, and an item was missing (thus proving my point). I got her attention and got my missing item.

When I got home, I pulled our food out and was handing my wife's order to her, and discovered they gave us Equal, ketchup, and no grape jelly. So even when they had the list written out for them, they got it wrong.
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
UTC quote
monogodo wrote:
What generally pisses me off is when going through the drive through at a fast food restaurant, I'll get up to the window to receive my order, they'll hand me my drink(s), and ask me to pull forward (or some variation of that). I generally refuse.

Then I have to explain that whenever I do that, my order gets screwed up somehow, and I either have to (1) go in to have it corrected (thus defeating the whole point of going through the drive through), (2) wait while the person who ran it out to me goes in to get it fixed (which means my food gets cold), or (3) go home and miss out.

This weekend they asked me to pull forward and I refused, citing the above reason. I then asked for some specific condiments. I had a list of them (Sweet 'n' Low, ketchup, grape jelly), because they were for my wife. The window person asked for the list. I gave it to her, figuring that would ensure it was perfect.

When she handed me my order, I checked it, and an item was missing (thus proving my point). I got her attention and got my missing item.

When I got home, I pulled our food out and was handing my wife's order to her, and discovered they gave us Equal, ketchup, and no grape jelly. So even when they had the list written out for them, they got it wrong.
Sounds like you shouldn't use the drive-thru.
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
UTC quote
Or stop going to McDonalds and go to Chik-Fil-A where they hire somewhat intelligent people. Never had an order wrong there. And if I ever do, it must be what I really wanted, because Chik-Fil-A knows best. Razz emoticon
@monogodo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2017 Piaggio BV350

Molto Verboso
@monogodo avatar
2017 Piaggio BV350
UTC quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
Or stop going to McDonalds and go to Chik-Fil-A where they hire somewhat intelligent people. Never had an order wrong there. And if I ever do, it must be what I really wanted, because Chik-Fil-A knows best. Razz emoticon
No Chik-Fil-A within reasonable drive from home, and they're not open on Sunday.

One of my big issues with most fast food drive thrus is that they have you pull forward to wait, which games the system. Their system shows you've been served, when you haven't, thus making them look better. They are then able to take their time on your order (which should mean it's perfect) without any penalty. It's a BS metric. It's like when you get your car serviced at the dealer, and afterward they ask you to give them all 10s (or 5s or whatever is perfect), because anything less than perfect is failing. What's the point, then?
@tn_sooner avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@tn_sooner avatar
UTC quote
monogodo wrote:
It's like when you get your car serviced at the dealer, and afterward they ask you to give them all 10s (or 5s or whatever is perfect), because anything less than perfect is failing. What's the point, then?
THIS.

Oh man, but this is a peeve of mine. Was just in the Ford dealer for first service on my 150. Rep gives me the whole spiel - "nothing but excellent please". I rate it fairly and somewhat positive (score was 93%), but there were a couple of things they could work on. I get this long text missive from the lady, just whining and apologizing for "failing me" and now she had to do this whole thing with her bosses, etc. I called and told her, "if you really are doing the survey for the right reasons, then you'll get an honest survey from me. If you want dishonest and siccophany, I'm not your man. And I'm happy to explain this to your bosses".

Due for service soon - can't wait to call her.
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC quote
TN_Sooner wrote:
monogodo wrote:
It's like when you get your car serviced at the dealer, and afterward they ask you to give them all 10s (or 5s or whatever is perfect), because anything less than perfect is failing. What's the point, then?
THIS.

Oh man, but this is a peeve of mine. Was just in the Ford dealer for first service on my 150. Rep gives me the whole spiel - "nothing but excellent please". I rate it fairly and somewhat positive (score was 93%), but there were a couple of things they could work on. I get this long text missive from the lady, just whining and apologizing for "failing me" and now she had to do this whole thing with her bosses, etc. I called and told her, "if you really are doing the survey for the right reasons, then you'll get an honest survey from me. If you want dishonest and siccophany, I'm not your man. And I'm happy to explain this to your bosses".

This. ^

The surveys ask you to rate the customer service face of the company, the person behind the counter, for things over which they have little control. How about rating the surveys themselves and the policies behind them, for a change?
@silver_streak avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 Vespa LX 190, 2011 LXV150ie

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@silver_streak avatar
2007 Vespa LX 190, 2011 LXV150ie
UTC quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
TN_Sooner wrote:
monogodo wrote:
THIS.

This. ^

The surveys ask you to rate the customer service face of the company, the person behind the counter, for things over which they have little control. How about rating the surveys themselves and the policies behind them, for a change?
^^^ THIS!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.1479s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0627s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]