[NSR] What's Pissing you off Today? II
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...789...121314Next
Author Message
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX150, GTS300, BV350, EN650
Joined: 26 Jul 2017
Posts: 5195
Location: Home of the Alamo
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:19 am quote
Drizzling today. Slick roads. Yuck.

No riding.
Molto Verboso
Black Molly - GTS 300
Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 1218
Location: Essen, Germany
Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:28 am quote
WLeuthold wrote:
I am pissed off at myself for waiting too long to book a flight to Zurich, then return from Barcelona next month.

They were expensive two weeks ago at $1300. each. Now the best flights for us, Delta through Atlanta are up to $1,700+ each.

To get them at a lower cost, we will have to spend over 24 hours each way with two or three layovers.

Anybody have any ideas?
I had an idea... but I guess you already went.

Now I am pissed too!!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5137
Location: Downtown Toronto
Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:39 am quote
Jet Peddler wrote:
Drizzling today. Slick roads. Yuck.

No riding.
That's awesome riding weather. I love riding in a light rain and unless you are coming off a long dry spell the roads shouldn't be too slick. Mind you this is coming from someone who has already ridden in snow about 3 times this year... So it might be you have it right...
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Joined: 23 Feb 2016
Posts: 2686
Location: Moscow, Idaho
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:54 pm quote
Lifer wrote:
WLeuthold wrote:
I am pissed off at myself for waiting too long to book a flight to Zurich, then return from Barcelona next month.

They were expensive two weeks ago at $1300. each. Now the best flights for us, Delta through Atlanta are up to $1,700+ each.

To get them at a lower cost, we will have to spend over 24 hours each way with two or three layovers.

Anybody have any ideas?
I had an idea... but I guess you already went.

Now I am pissed too!!
It's a minimum of 26 hours door to door for us to anywhere in Spain or Italy and a dozen of those horrible experiences we totally changed how we travel:

a) If the connecting flight is in Europe we'll spend two days in that city. ...so instead of wasting seven hours in Amsterdam or Paris we've now spent some amazing days enjoying Amsterdam and Paris.

b) Look into weird airports in Europe: this May we're planning on saving $1,000 flying into Lisbon instead of Madrid (and then will check out Lisbon (see "a" above )), and my bro got a crazy cheap flight into Ireland last year.

c) Also, fwiw, if we have to get up at 3:00 AM to catch a connecting flight (to Seattle), we'll fly to Seattle the night before and get a motel by the airport (and then we can usually get up at 7:00, have a leisurely breakfast etc.).

YMMV, of course. ...this Dec. we travelled to Mexico with our best buds who are hardcore, cheapskate travelers, and as a result our return flight had two layovers, literally sprints between flights, and took freakin' 12 hours. For me that wipes out all the fun I just spent thousands enjoying.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: 08 Nov 2014
Posts: 1079
Location: Central New York
Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:31 am quote
Trying to deal with Medical People
This one is one I have dealt with for years.


Why is it doctors don't seem to listen to what you are trying to tell them and then they can't answer your questions in simple easy to understand terms?


One recent example is when I went to doctor with what I thought was a sinus infection and got a referral to go to another doctor. Being in pain and not thinking fast did not think to ask why this was the doctor I needed to go to. I was sent to an Arthritis Health Center???

Then to make it worse my wife was accompanying me and when she is waiting in the exam room she is having problems dealing with the lighting. Wife has a well controlled case of epilepsy but certain types of lights can cause her major problems. One would think a doctors office would be able to understand things like that and jump through hoops to accommodate patients or others, but no!

So wife had to leave the room and wait in car while I tried to understand what the doctor was saying and then try to relay that information to my wife later.

That doctor sent me for a CatScan and then instead of making another appointment with me I was given an appointment with a Physicians Assistant. I felt like I was being kicked to the curb and cancelled that appointment. I figured if they felt it was so unimportant that I could wait several weeks to be told the results it was not worth my time to see them!

I know bad attitude on my part but just can't deal with the run arounds some days.
Ossessionato
2019 MP3 SPORT 500 IE
Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 3867
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:04 am quote
Re: Trying to deal with Medical People
kshansen wrote:
This one is one I have dealt with for years.


Why is it doctors don't seem to listen to what you are trying to tell them and then they can't answer your questions in simple easy to understand terms?


One recent example is when I went to doctor with what I thought was a sinus infection and got a referral to go to another doctor. Being in pain and not thinking fast did not think to ask why this was the doctor I needed to go to. I was sent to an Arthritis Health Center???

Then to make it worse my wife was accompanying me and when she is waiting in the exam room she is having problems dealing with the lighting. Wife has a well controlled case of epilepsy but certain types of lights can cause her major problems. One would think a doctors office would be able to understand things like that and jump through hoops to accommodate patients or others, but no!

So wife had to leave the room and wait in car while I tried to understand what the doctor was saying and then try to relay that information to my wife later.

That doctor sent me for a CatScan and then instead of making another appointment with me I was given an appointment with a Physicians Assistant. I felt like I was being kicked to the curb and cancelled that appointment. I figured if they felt it was so unimportant that I could wait several weeks to be told the results it was not worth my time to see them!

I know bad attitude on my part but just can't deal with the run arounds some days.
Yes, very frustrating.

When I am discussing cases with my psychotherapy interns we use the technical terms we learned in grad school. But I also insist that they describe things using common language as well. This accomplishes two goals: They can communicate better with clients, but I also find out if they really understand the terms they are using.
Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 (Zoom): 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Max),
Joined: 26 Sep 2006
Posts: 4098
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:16 pm quote
tdrake wrote:
Lifer wrote:
WLeuthold wrote:
I am pissed off at myself for waiting too long to book a flight to Zurich, then return from Barcelona next month.

They were expensive two weeks ago at $1300. each. Now the best flights for us, Delta through Atlanta are up to $1,700+ each.

To get them at a lower cost, we will have to spend over 24 hours each way with two or three layovers.

Anybody have any ideas?
I had an idea... but I guess you already went.

Now I am pissed too!!
It's a minimum of 26 hours door to door for us to anywhere in Spain or Italy and a dozen of those horrible experiences we totally changed how we travel:

a) If the connecting flight is in Europe we'll spend two days in that city. ...so instead of wasting seven hours in Amsterdam or Paris we've now spent some amazing days enjoying Amsterdam and Paris.

b) Look into weird airports in Europe: this May we're planning on saving $1,000 flying into Lisbon instead of Madrid (and then will check out Lisbon (see "a" above )), and my bro got a crazy cheap flight into Ireland last year.

c) Also, fwiw, if we have to get up at 3:00 AM to catch a connecting flight (to Seattle), we'll fly to Seattle the night before and get a motel by the airport (and then we can usually get up at 7:00, have a leisurely breakfast etc.).

YMMV, of course. ...this Dec. we travelled to Mexico with our best buds who are hardcore, cheapskate travelers, and as a result our return flight had two layovers, literally sprints between flights, and took freakin' 12 hours. For me that wipes out all the fun I just spent thousands enjoying.
My initial post was before flying to Zurich in September. Sarah and I had a great week in Switzerland until the last day, then spent two great weeks with the VCdM in Catalonia

I am glad to hear that Lisbon is an inexpensive flight as we are joining the group there this coming September. Flights are expensive so far but I am hoping that they reduce before booking. It doesn't matter. We are going regardless.

Bill
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: 08 Nov 2014
Posts: 1079
Location: Central New York
Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:26 pm quote
Re: Trying to deal with Medical People
mpfrank wrote:
Yes, very frustrating.

When I am discussing cases with my psychotherapy interns we use the technical terms we learned in grad school. But I also insist that they describe things using common language as well. This accomplishes two goals: They can communicate better with clients, but I also find out if they really understand the terms they are using.
I have told my wife that sometimes I think before being a doctor for people they should be made to spend some time working as a Veterinarian. If they are not going to learn how to communicate with a patient at least they should know how to diagnose a problem without having the help of said patient!
Molto Verboso
MP3 250 (His) LX150 (Hers)
Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Posts: 1014
Location: Stoughton, Wisconsin
Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:42 pm quote
Started early yesterday, drove 2 hours to Chicago for the Motorcycle show. I was relieved to see Piaggio was in the show on the IMS website.

That was until we got there.

Seriously, does Piaggio really want to sell anything in the midwest anymore?

Especially considering what we saw:

Honda is bringing back the SuperCub. Very nice.
BMW has an awesome 350 scooter for $7k

But probably the biggest insult, Yamaha brought the Nizen, their MP3 ripoff. Their advert says that it doesn't look like anything else on the road, because there isn't anything else like it on the road.

Hard to dispute when they don't bother to show up.
Ossessionato
BV350, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Joined: 06 Jun 2013
Posts: 2652
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:41 pm quote
I hear ya, Ham. I was just talking to someone who went to the show in Minneapolis. No Yamaha there, either. I didn't go this year; I was disappointed that Yamaha wasn't there last year. Last year Yamaha had the excuse that the Super Bowl in Minneapolis had disrupted their show schedules. There's no excuse this year.

Hey, the dealer in Minneapolis has a Genuine G400c! That's a find more interesting than the IMS show.

G400c.JPG

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 6920
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:32 am quote
HamOnThree wrote:
Started early yesterday, drove 2 hours to Chicago for the Motorcycle show. I was relieved to see Piaggio was in the show on the IMS website.

That was until we got there.

Seriously, does Piaggio really want to sell anything in the midwest anymore?

Especially considering what we saw:

Honda is bringing back the SuperCub. Very nice.
BMW has an awesome 350 scooter for $7k

But probably the biggest insult, Yamaha brought the Nizen, their MP3 ripoff. Their advert says that it doesn't look like anything else on the road, because there isn't anything else like it on the road.

Hard to dispute when they don't bother to show up.
They're not at NYC or LA Motorcycle show, why would they show up in Chicago?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8432
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:06 am quote
Black ice
Drove to work, parked in the lot, walked toward the office, and in quick succession, dropped my keys, left foot went out on black ice and wound up lying on the ground with my ankle twisted awkwardly. Not sure how I managed to both contact the ground with my knee (and rip my pants) and wind up on my back. Would have been painful to watch.

Doubt it's broken, as I can weight-bear without increased pain, though it's nicely swollen already.

So, fortunately no immediate appointments, so I can put my leg on the desk with ice and wait for my wife to deliver a fresh pair of pants.

But hey, on the bright side, the pants were getting a tad threadbare, and it's still too frozen outside to ride the scooter....
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 6920
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:54 am quote
Re: Black ice
fledermaus wrote:
Drove to work, parked in the lot, walked toward the office, and in quick succession, dropped my keys, left foot went out on black ice and wound up lying on the ground with my ankle twisted awkwardly. Not sure how I managed to both contact the ground with my knee (and rip my pants) and wind up on my back. Would have been painful to watch.

Doubt it's broken, as I can weight-bear without increased pain, though it's nicely swollen already.

So, fortunately no immediate appointments, so I can put my leg on the desk with ice and wait for my wife to deliver a fresh pair of pants.

But hey, on the bright side, the pants were getting a tad threadbare, and it's still too frozen outside to ride the scooter....
Having had a severely sprained ankle, I wish you had just broke it, it would heal faster 6-9 weeks broken bone is better.

You are lucky, I did close the the same thing but ended up sitting on my right foot and tearing a Quad Tendon, 3.5 month later I went back to work.

Get to a Dr. and PT ASAP. Ice Heat Ice Heat.
Ossessionato
BV350, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Joined: 06 Jun 2013
Posts: 2652
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:12 am quote
Re: Black ice
fledermaus wrote:
Drove to work, parked in the lot, walked toward the office, and in quick succession, dropped my keys, left foot went out on black ice and wound up lying on the ground with my ankle twisted awkwardly. Not sure how I managed to both contact the ground with my knee (and rip my pants) and wind up on my back. Would have been painful to watch.

Doubt it's broken, as I can weight-bear without increased pain, though it's nicely swollen already.

So, fortunately no immediate appointments, so I can put my leg on the desk with ice and wait for my wife to deliver a fresh pair of pants.

But hey, on the bright side, the pants were getting a tad threadbare, and it's still too frozen outside to ride the scooter....
Ouch! Better get it healed up quickly!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8432
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:08 am quote
Re: Black ice
WEB-Tech wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
Drove to work, parked in the lot, walked toward the office, and in quick succession, dropped my keys, left foot went out on black ice and wound up lying on the ground with my ankle twisted awkwardly. Not sure how I managed to both contact the ground with my knee (and rip my pants) and wind up on my back. Would have been painful to watch.

Doubt it's broken, as I can weight-bear without increased pain, though it's nicely swollen already.

So, fortunately no immediate appointments, so I can put my leg on the desk with ice and wait for my wife to deliver a fresh pair of pants.

But hey, on the bright side, the pants were getting a tad threadbare, and it's still too frozen outside to ride the scooter....
Get to a Dr. and PT ASAP. Ice Heat Ice Heat.
Thanks... but I am a doctor. Going to shoot a couple of films before lunch is over just to be safe.

I usually don't enjoy ice all that much, but it's working a treat at the moment. Receptionist is loaning me a pair of crutches.....and I'm off to the races. Well, not really.

We're supposed to get more snow tomorrow. I'm the go-to guy for snow removal at home and my office, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 6920
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:06 pm quote
Re: Black ice
fledermaus wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
Drove to work, parked in the lot, walked toward the office, and in quick succession, dropped my keys, left foot went out on black ice and wound up lying on the ground with my ankle twisted awkwardly. Not sure how I managed to both contact the ground with my knee (and rip my pants) and wind up on my back. Would have been painful to watch.

Doubt it's broken, as I can weight-bear without increased pain, though it's nicely swollen already.

So, fortunately no immediate appointments, so I can put my leg on the desk with ice and wait for my wife to deliver a fresh pair of pants.

But hey, on the bright side, the pants were getting a tad threadbare, and it's still too frozen outside to ride the scooter....
Get to a Dr. and PT ASAP. Ice Heat Ice Heat.
Thanks... but I am a doctor. Going to shoot a couple of films before lunch is over just to be safe.

I usually don't enjoy ice all that much, but it's working a treat at the moment. Receptionist is loaning me a pair of crutches.....and I'm off to the races. Well, not really.

We're supposed to get more snow tomorrow. I'm the go-to guy for snow removal at home and my office, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.
Forgot about that
Hope is a minor sprain and heels fast.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8432
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:17 pm quote
Re: Black ice
WEB-Tech wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
Drove to work, parked in the lot, walked toward the office, and in quick succession, dropped my keys, left foot went out on black ice and wound up lying on the ground with my ankle twisted awkwardly. Not sure how I managed to both contact the ground with my knee (and rip my pants) and wind up on my back. Would have been painful to watch.

Doubt it's broken, as I can weight-bear without increased pain, though it's nicely swollen already.

So, fortunately no immediate appointments, so I can put my leg on the desk with ice and wait for my wife to deliver a fresh pair of pants.

But hey, on the bright side, the pants were getting a tad threadbare, and it's still too frozen outside to ride the scooter....
Get to a Dr. and PT ASAP. Ice Heat Ice Heat.
Thanks... but I am a doctor. Going to shoot a couple of films before lunch is over just to be safe.

I usually don't enjoy ice all that much, but it's working a treat at the moment. Receptionist is loaning me a pair of crutches.....and I'm off to the races. Well, not really.

We're supposed to get more snow tomorrow. I'm the go-to guy for snow removal at home and my office, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.
Forgot about that
Hope is a minor sprain and heels fast.
Thanks. I'm pretty sure it's beyond minor, but I'm all for fast healing.
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Joined: 23 Feb 2016
Posts: 2686
Location: Moscow, Idaho
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:20 pm quote
Re: Black ice
fledermaus wrote:
Drove to work, parked in the lot, walked toward the office, and in quick succession, dropped my keys, left foot went out on black ice and wound up lying on the ground with my ankle twisted awkwardly. Not sure how I managed to both contact the ground with my knee (and rip my pants) and wind up on my back. Would have been painful to watch.

Doubt it's broken, as I can weight-bear without increased pain, though it's nicely swollen already.

So, fortunately no immediate appointments, so I can put my leg on the desk with ice and wait for my wife to deliver a fresh pair of pants.

But hey, on the bright side, the pants were getting a tad threadbare, and it's still too frozen outside to ride the scooter....
Oh, crap! Broken or sprained that's just a big ol' bummer.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: 08 Nov 2014
Posts: 1079
Location: Central New York
Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:02 pm quote
Re: Black ice
fledermaus wrote:
Thanks... but I am a doctor. Going to shoot a couple of films before lunch is over just to be safe.
Glad I took time to read all the thread before making a reply, knew that!

It's somewhat ironic, I believe that's the word, that the cause of injury was ice and the treatment for it is....ICE!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8432
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:06 pm quote
Re: Black ice
kshansen wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
Thanks... but I am a doctor. Going to shoot a couple of films before lunch is over just to be safe.
Glad I took time to read all the thread before making a reply, knew that!

It's somewhat ironic, I believe that's the word, that the cause of injury was ice and the treatment for it is....ICE!
You've got a point there. I've got to say, I've never enjoyed ice so much as I have today. Even a few years ago when my other ankle got smooshed under the floorboard of my LX ice wasn't so great.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX150, GTS300, BV350, EN650
Joined: 26 Jul 2017
Posts: 5195
Location: Home of the Alamo
Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:35 pm quote
Just lost a business deal that would have put roughly $5k in my pocket. Now, $0. It's not turning out to be a very good month, let alone day.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8432
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:54 pm quote
Jet Peddler wrote:
Just lost a business deal that would have put roughly $5k in my pocket. Now, $0. It's not turning out to be a very good month, let alone day.
Damn. There goes that new scooter.

Well, seriously, that kind of sucks.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8432
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:59 pm quote
Well, crap.
So, finally decided I should get some X-rays, just to be sure. Just read them, and looks like I fractured my distal fibula. Not sure what the ortho will say, but I think we need to meet.

Maybe the crutches were a good idea....for starters.

Tonight should be a treat.
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Joined: 23 Feb 2016
Posts: 2686
Location: Moscow, Idaho
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:09 pm quote
Re: Well, crap.
fledermaus wrote:
So, finally decided I should get some X-rays, just to be sure. Just read them, and looks like I fractured my distal fibula. Not sure what the ortho will say, but I think we need to meet.

Maybe the crutches were a good idea....for starters.

Tonight should be a treat.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Joined: 08 Nov 2014
Posts: 1079
Location: Central New York
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:19 pm quote
Re: Well, crap.
fledermaus wrote:
So, finally decided I should get some X-rays, just to be sure. Just read them, and looks like I fractured my distal fibula. Not sure what the ortho will say, but I think we need to meet.

Maybe the crutches were a good idea....for starters.

Tonight should be a treat.
Good luck! Might get lucky and only need a boot?


At last you have a few months till the start of riding season.
Molto Verboso
MP3 250 (His) LX150 (Hers)
Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Posts: 1014
Location: Stoughton, Wisconsin
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:24 pm quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
I hear ya, Ham. I was just talking to someone who went to the show in Minneapolis. No Yamaha there, either. I didn't go this year; I was disappointed that Yamaha wasn't there last year. Last year Yamaha had the excuse that the Super Bowl in Minneapolis had disrupted their show schedules. There's no excuse this year.

Hey, the dealer in Minneapolis has a Genuine G400c! That's a find more interesting than the IMS show.
No Genuine/Buddy or Kymco either. Pretty depressing. I don't remember seeing Can-Am. A few years back, they had a Sidewinder there. Not this time.

Maybe if I want to see Vespas in a show, I'll have to go to the Milwaukee Auto Show. Reina International usually hauls out their stuff, including a sweet Lambo or Ferrari.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8432
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:35 pm quote
Re: Well, crap.
kshansen wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
So, finally decided I should get some X-rays, just to be sure. Just read them, and looks like I fractured my distal fibula. Not sure what the ortho will say, but I think we need to meet.

Maybe the crutches were a good idea....for starters.

Tonight should be a treat.
Good luck! Might get lucky and only need a boot?


At last you have a few months till the start of riding season.
Fingers crossed on the boot.
As much as it can hurt, I'm dreading my wife coming home and telling me I'm an idiot for not going to the ER tonight.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2010 Can Am Spyder RT-S, 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Joined: 02 Mar 2013
Posts: 5219
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:41 pm quote
Re: Well, crap.
fledermaus wrote:
kshansen wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
So, finally decided I should get some X-rays, just to be sure. Just read them, and looks like I fractured my distal fibula. Not sure what the ortho will say, but I think we need to meet.

Maybe the crutches were a good idea....for starters.

Tonight should be a treat.
Good luck! Might get lucky and only need a boot?


At last you have a few months till the start of riding season.
Fingers crossed on the boot.
As much as it can hurt, I'm dreading my wife coming home and telling me I'm an idiot for not going to the ER tonight.
Bah, what would they do, set it?
I went to the doctor (not ER) the day after I broke my collar bone.
He thought it was a soft tissue issue.
See, I could raise my hand up to full height, just, um, slowly.
As I see it, if the thing basically looks right with some puffiness, you're fine.
But the, you're the doctor, don't listen to me.
Stuff you read on the internet can be all sorts of misleading.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2010 Can Am Spyder RT-S, 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Joined: 02 Mar 2013
Posts: 5219
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:44 pm quote


Just googled images of distal fibula fracture.



So, um, there are varying degrees, right?

Yours is just sort of cracked a bit, you walked on it, that sort of thing?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8432
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:59 am quote
Madison Sully wrote:


Just googled images of distal fibula fracture.



So, um, there are varying degrees, right?

Yours is just sort of cracked a bit, you walked on it, that sort of thing?
Walked on it most of yesterday. Not advisable.

Got lucky, it didn't go through the joint. Could have gotten more interesting.🤔
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Joined: 23 Feb 2016
Posts: 2686
Location: Moscow, Idaho
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:53 am quote
Re: Well, crap.
fledermaus wrote:
I'm dreading my wife coming home and telling me I'm an idiot for not going to the ER tonight.
Ah, but on the bright side...

...you got hurt going to work, not scootering, which proves that scootering is relatively safe.

Right?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8432
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:03 am quote
Re: Well, crap.
tdrake wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
I'm dreading my wife coming home and telling me I'm an idiot for not going to the ER tonight.
Ah, but on the bright side...

...you got hurt going to work, not scootering, which proves that scootering is relatively safe.

Right?
Let's just say I don't want to give my wife anything more to be nervous about regarding riding....
Ossessionato
BV350, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Joined: 06 Jun 2013
Posts: 2652
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:38 am quote
What's pissing me off today? Scenes like this.



IMG_1596.JPG
Here I am.

IMG_5868.jpg
While my son and his wife are in Costa Rica



Last edited by JKJ-FZ6 on Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Molto Verboso
'95 Yamaha Riva 125- '05 Piaggio BV200-'05 Honda Reflex-'08 Honda Metropolitan
Joined: 22 Oct 2005
Posts: 1646
Location: Ohio
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:00 am quote
On a related weather note- what really pisses me off is the weather-casters blowing every effen snow storm up to be the worst ever. Back in the 70's and 80's these "storms" were just regular events. Now (with the advent of social media) every effen flake of snow falling from the sky is potentially deadly. Back in the day most cars - not SUV's were rear wheel drive. Now every soccer mom has a Escalade with four wheel drive and they still cancel everything imaginable because of 1-2 inches of snow... This is really getting to be disgusting...

Bring on Summer!!! (They also WARN us when it hits 80's because people can die of heat exhaustion). What ever happened to common sense?

Bob
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8432
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:31 am quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
What's pissing me off today? Scenes like this.

Something looks terribly wrong there.
Hooked
lml 2t Vespa lx50 2t
Joined: 21 Jan 2018
Posts: 104
Location: wales
Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:17 am quote
Been looking after my mum who is 89 and staying over there as she got food poisoning. I then went off to the school in the morning to teach cycle training to the 10&11yr olds and now layed up in bed myself with scarlet fever as it appears to be doing the rounds of the schools. Luckily my son can go round my mum's.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: 19 Feb 2009
Posts: 17006
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:16 am quote
haha haha ..... er ...... hahaha
This ....... how the fuck do you answer ya doc when he says "have you thought of stopping the chemo?"
Ossessionato
BV350, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Joined: 06 Jun 2013
Posts: 2652
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:47 pm quote
Sure got quiet in here. Bitza, I don't know what to say...

How 'bout a beer?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5137
Location: Downtown Toronto
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:56 pm quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
Sure got quiet in here. Bitza, I don't know what to say...

How 'bout a beer?
In Bitza's case I'm thinking beer with chaser of hydromorphone and whatever the fuck it takes to make it not so bad.

Bitza... nah..... there is nothing to say. I hope you get to enjoy life just a little at times. There ain't nothing we can do to make it better.

If the chemo sucks and I bet it does that's a tough decision to make. In some ways I want to say I'm sorry this is dragging on so long. I hope you don't feel the same way and you and your lass are getting time together that counts.
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Joined: 23 Feb 2016
Posts: 2686
Location: Moscow, Idaho
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:07 pm quote
Re: haha haha ..... er ...... hahaha
T5bitza69 wrote:
This ....... how the fuck do you answer ya doc when he says "have you thought of stopping the chemo?"


That certainly puts everything else in perspective.
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...789...121314Next
[ Time: 0.3354s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0505s) ][ Debug on ]