GTS 250 Rebuild
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
Lurker
GTS
Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:05 pm quote
Hi Guys,

The caveat to this project is that I am anything but mechanically talented, but thought I'd try and push myself out of my comfort zone with a new project... This has resulted in the building of a Vespa GTS 250 after seeing, what I thought was a great deal, for one on ebay...

The caveat for this great deal was that it had already been dismantled the further I've tried to progress and the more research I have done has demonstrated that there is a significant number of nuts/bolts/ brackets/parts missing...

Join me on my journey whilst I try to get this up and running in < 8 days. All help, you the community, can provide me would be much appreciated!

The original state of the Vespa on the day I collected is shown below!

20180622_141653_HDR.jpg

Lurker
GTS
Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:15 pm quote
Since having received the bike and travelled an international sea crossing with it I've had the bike painted from Grey to a classic white colour! With the aim of making the bike look like the image at the very bottom...!

Concurrently I scrubbed the coolant hoses, polished the radiators and further scrubbed the electrical harness.

img1.jpg

Lurker
GTS
Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:30 pm quote
Having installed the radiators and coolant hoses... This is where I am currently stuck and have a few questions with regards to the wiring harness... any help would be appreciated! Images below identify the areas I am unsure of what goes where... the wiring diagrams and SIP-Scooter Shop explosive diagrams are leaving me a bit stumped.

img2.jpg

Enthusiast
2008 Vespa LX 50, 1964 Vespa 150 VBB
Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:19 am quote
there is a pretty detailed guide with pictures in the
Total Vespa GTS 300 Teardown and Assembly
relays doe go on the bracket above the horn, the two wire connector is for the headlight. The plugs are pretty much dumb proof, you will have hard time connecting two pieces of the wrong connectors)
Good luck
Lurker
GTS
Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:04 pm quote
Work seriously got in the way this week. So I've been pulling moonlight shifts and phones been dead. However I was able to e-mail myself a final photo!

I'll post more at some point this week detailing the rest of the journey.

Never again? D:

IMG_20180828_231128.gif

Hooked
GTS 250ie Super, Italjet Velocifero, Scarabeo 150, S50,ET2
Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:50 pm quote
Nice looking scoot. I do like the white a lot. I got my GTS used so I had no choice about white, I has grown on me.
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
[ Time: 0.2621s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0362s) ][ Debug on ]