Possible retirement at 54/ Bill's Medical Malady
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...9101112Next
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:30 pm quote
Does your legal adviser think anything can be done?
eeee-bip
Benelli TNT 125/Kymco AK550 I don't care. You can quote me.
Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:49 pm quote
Bosh
The legal adviser is the one who mis-allocated the money to her in the first place !!

Bill x
Molto Verboso
1963 VBB2T

Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:58 am quote
Re: List
Bill Dog wrote:
The sad thing is we've always got on very well and when the shit hit the fan with my parents we really pulled together but due to some ambiguous phrasing in the request part of the will the entire remaining half of my house , or at least the value of it was given to her which wasn't my parents wishes.

This is where the rot started.

You certainly live and learn.

Bill x
Bill I certainly hope that expressing yourself and sharing with the group is helping you to come to terms with the family wowes as well and more importantly your illness. My wife just went through the same sort of thing and since her dad has passed she has not spoken to her brother and is left being an overseer of her younger brother with a disability. I never would have beleived it until I witnessed it for myself how money is the root of evil , my wife is no longer the sweet innocent caring person that I once married , she has become hard and something of a force to be recond with. We have been married 33 years , I owe nobody and own what we have, I don't mind working for another 5-7 years and being 58 this year and still in what I consider great health , I sometimes even look forward to going to work and evenually getting a 1/3 full pension. I really hope you can get past the none full payout of the estate and apply the energy to the illness you've been dealt.
Lynn
eeee-bip
Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:06 am quote
Ache
Thank you for your comments Lynn.

I think sharing in here has helped and it's interesting to hear others stories that have a echo mine.

It serves as a reminder that even when it comes to family you don't see someone's true personalty until the chips are truly down.

I'm looking for a phrase or an act to make here realise the depth of damage that she's doing to our relationship but I've tried everything I know. Passive and deliberate so I've run out of tactics.

Any suggestions ?

Bill x
Ossessionato
GTS 300 70th Anniversary
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:38 am quote
Any other family members that you are both in contact with that could help mediate?

Failing that, I'd end up being fairly blunt, and explain in writing what the wording of the will states, and what has actually happened.
Then ask her if she agrees with the first part and what she plans to do about the second.

Might be an odd question, but do you actually want to still be on good terms with her?
eeee-bip
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:41 am quote
Short Answer
After this is resolved for good or no , not really.

More coming.

Bill x
Molto Verboso
1963 VBB2T

Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:56 am quote
Dr Zoidberg has my same thoughts and unfortunately this usually only happens whens there is a close relatives funeral.
I still can't believe a lawyer can't force her to pay back what is owed to you.
eeee-bip
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:01 am quote
Big
I think I left the details of the sequence of events above and it's not a short story.

There's an ambiguous passage in the Will request that has caused all of the issues.

The irony is it's the same Lawyers who wrote the Will.

Bill x
Ossessionato
Piaggio Fly 150
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:23 am quote
It might be worth your while to consult yet another lawyer who will be your lawyer alone. The lawyer for the estate was not yours. You want a stranger who doesnít know your sister and will work only for your interests. Itís likely to be an ugly process, but it sounds like she has demonstrated its not going to talk out amicably.

Sorry, I know how painful this can get.
eeee-bip
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:46 am quote
Clip
The Lawyer for the estate was the same that dealt with probate as they were given our parents Will by our parents.

My Uncle and I had an unsuccessful meeting with the Lawyers to point out the unfairness of what they were doing and at this point I should have refused to sign any more paperwork but in the naive belief that we had a deal - later brokered by my Uncle I agreed for probate to continue.

Yes I can approach another Lawyer but that will eat into what I have left pursuing what's been agreed so I'm going to keep that in reserve for the nuclear option.

What I'm looking for now is a phrase or sentence to use as a sabre to make her realise just how much damage she's doing to our relationship by withholding it.

Believe me I've thought of everything.

Bill x
eeee-bip
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:49 am quote
True
If you like a good metaphor - it's like finding some money at the back or the couch and every time you reach out a bit further for it it falls further away from you.

Bill x
eeee-bip
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:50 pm quote
Biscuits
I'm a lover of irony so when I've spent the last 3 months trying to lose weight because the new drug I'm on promotes diabetes, hypertension and anxiety so to prevent that I've been walking at least 30 miles a week plus eating salad with plenty of protein then cutting out sugar but it's barely made a dent.

So I'm out in the US and I stuff my face with the hotel buffet breakfast then didn't eat until the evening but when I did eat I ate well.

I've lost a stone in two weeks. What's that about ?

Bill x
Molto Verboso
2015 Ducati Monster 821 & 2017 BMW R Ninet Pure & 2007 GT200
Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:31 pm quote
the thrill of the ride! and the fact you denied yourself food except morning and night. Thinking about that, now I'm hungry!

and good to know my breakfast cooking went over well with you. breakfast is one of the few meals I don't f*ck up!

C'est Bon!
Molto Verboso
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:41 pm quote
Hmmm... Youíve been trying to lose weight and you did while here.
You also previously said how clear your mind was while over here.

The answer is right there In front of you.... You need to move across the pond!
eeee-bip
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:51 pm quote
Bosh
Silly me for not realising that.

Right lets make some calls.

Bill x
eeee-bip
Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:42 am quote
Clocks
I emailed the Hospital as I was running out of medication and even though they got the message they forget to send it.

Looks like I'm going to have to go without.

What jolly larks.

Bill x
eeee-bip
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:24 pm quote
Bonus
And in other news my Sister has told me (that's told me) that even though she has all of the money that we agreed to split she's decided to hand it back to me at a rate of $1200 a month until it's all returned which is around 3 years.

Now, if she'd asked me if she could do that as she needed it for something else I may well have agreed but because it was more of a fait accompli without any kind of conversation I'm a little put out.

I said OK, I'll see you in 3 years.

Sorted.

Bill x
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:27 pm quote
Re: Bonus
Bill Dog wrote:
And in other news my Sister has told me (that's told me) that even though she has all of the money that we agreed to split she's decided to hand it back to me at a rate of $1200 a month until it's all returned which is around 3 years.

Now, if she'd asked me if she could do that as she needed it for something else I may well have agreed but because it was more of a fait accompli without any kind of conversation I'm a little put out.

I said OK, I'll see you in 3 years.

Sorted.

Bill x
I'm thinking I would want that in writing and signed by whoever would be the appropriate person going by English laws.
Moderaptor
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:17 pm quote
Actually that's a way of making that money do both you and her a favour - a win-win.

She gets to pay off some mortgage or whatever (and gets out from under their claws), she pays you what she was paying them (but no interest) and you get an income that together with what you already have available might mean you can keep 'retired' properly for some time. I hope you also have a pension scheme sorted out...
eeee-bip
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:09 pm quote
Click
Jim I agree with you but it just would have been nice to be asked rather than told.

Now I like irony but to be "metered" back money that was already yours is hilarious.

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 50s x3 78 P200 84 Cosa 58 AllState 68 Sprint 80 50special + projects
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:23 pm quote
grudge be gone!
At my age, I guess I can say what I want.

Be happy, it is your decision. Jim said it better than me. Just fucking let it go. How many sisters you got? Maybe you could wind up half ass friends before one of you gets whisked away permanently. And you seem to be having a pretty nice time right now considering.

Time to enjoy that and everything else you can. You're a smart guy, let it go man! Some ppl wear heart on sleeve, don't you wear your gallbladder there. Bad for your health.

Just money?... If you ain't got enuff, need a quick loan, you may PM me. EZ terms too.

And sure, I'd be pissed too, For a while.

That personal enough for you Mister Ironbutt Dog?
eeee-bip
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:44 pm quote
Say
Bad for my health ? I think that it's too late for that

Laughing at the irony of that.

Bill x

oops Corrected.

Last edited by Bill Dog on Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 50s x3 78 P200 84 Cosa 58 AllState 68 Sprint 80 50special + projects
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:33 am quote
Learn to type or proofread. I don't believe you now own a heath, if you ever did. I'm just saying I look in here now & then & know more about nasty sis than your condition. I know that they are trying stuff to keep you alive & now that broke a little bit because you are wandering all over America finding all good friends. But you get over the goofs that could kill you because shit happens & you're a big ironbutt boy. Enjoy all you have, remember those worse, some even here. Think about that instead. Ride safe and have a great trip!

Just sayin' my friend. You have to live where you dwell.
eeee-bip
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:18 am quote
Detail
OK The condition - My Chromosomes 9 and 22 get involved with each other and the enzyme they make gets into the white cells and it reproduces itself until my blood turns into porridge.

It gets so thick that my red cells can't do their job and I have to go to Hospital to have it all spun out again but the white cells also have a tendency of breaking through the blood vessels in my eyes causing permanent blindness just like my right one did.

Now the nice people in the Hospital give me many different kinds of medication in an attempt to reign in the process and they have all had various side affects.

This one bombs out my short term memory and yeah maybe a fuzzy head also.

Typing, reading focusing on a narrative or a conversation are all pretty difficult so you'll have to forgive if there are times when I don't make much sense at times.

If you've ever suffered from concussion, well its a bit like that.

If these meds don't work they'll increase the dose and if that doesn't work they will take out my bone marrow.

So am I going to sit and home and feel sorry for myself or make the best of the free time that I have been given even if I can't remember much of it ?

You know the answer.

I used to live for the now but these days I live for the right now as I forget the rest !

Bill x

Last edited by Bill Dog on Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:50 am; edited 2 times in total
eeee-bip
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:38 am quote
Add
My issue is that if you're short of cash because you spent all of your inheritance on your house don't use the the remainder that we were going to share between us as your overdraft.

That's it really.

Bill x
Moderaptor
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:25 am quote
Re: Add
Bill Dog wrote:
My issue is that if you're short of cash because you spent all of your inheritance on your house don't use the the remainder that we were going to share between us as your overdraft.

That's it really.

Bill x
But possession is 9/10ths of...

Although I completely understand how miffed you must feel at this suggestion of a fait acccompli, it makes logical sense to accept it with the appearance of good grace.
eeee-bip
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:28 am quote
Gift
Yeah, I'm going to hitch up my skirt, turn my head toward the horizon and keep on trucking.

Good suggestion Jim.

And breathe.

Bill x
eeee-bip
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:47 am quote
Big
Calais 2am Paris 5am Barcelona 5pm 807 miles clocked in my little car.

Not bad on 1 hours sleep.

Dammit.

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:02 pm quote
Re: Big
Bill Dog wrote:
Calais 2am Paris 5am Barcelona 5pm 807 miles clocked in my little car.

Not bad on 1 hours sleep.

Dammit.

Bill x
What? Did you say car?! I've heard of such things.
eeee-bip
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:10 pm quote
Bing
Its at that time of year when riding at night in the rain in Europe becomes a little dangerous.

It threw it down for about half of the way. Rain X is my new God.

Just 300 to do tomorrow.

Might Ironbutt the Toyota on the way home on Sunday

Bill x
eeee-bip
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:47 pm quote
Silky
Maybe dangerous isn't the right word but the roads in France and Spain are so smooth and fast.

Not as fast as Germany but they are so seamless.

One of my guilty pleasures is leaving around 2am and getting an entire highway to myself until the sun comes up.

Even with my nav having a meltdown in Paris and having to switch to manual to get out of it of the city it still only took me 10 hours to get from Paris to Barcelona.

This where some narrow minded English people would say that you don't need a big car to drive large distances but I'm not going to do that.

Horses for courses.

Bill x
Moderaptor
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:27 pm quote
Re: Silky
Bill Dog wrote:
One of my guilty pleasures is leaving around 2am and getting an entire highway to myself until the sun comes up.
I used to do that in France on occasion. Lovely.
eeee-bip
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:23 pm quote
Give
Clocked 1125 miles in 18 hours yesterday from Callosa den Sarria Spain to Calais on a pretty much empty highway.

Rain X is my friend.

Bliss.

Bill
eeee-bip
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:13 am quote
Banner
And then without warning my Sister pays all the outstanding monies - in full.

I'm lost for words.

Bill x
Moderaptor
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:43 am quote
Very good news. Now plan your permanent retirement.
eeee-bip
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:46 am quote
Slip
Jim, I was thinking the same thing.

There is only one issue and that's that I won't have much to complain about if things keep going in my favour.

After a 4 day break I'm back on the meds. Yay !

Bill x
Hooked
GTS 300
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:57 am quote
Bill, I'm happy for you and sis. Seems she worked something out that helps both of you. Our prayers answered.
Wish I had a big sister.
Ralph
eeee-bip
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:12 am quote
Parts
I'm grateful also but much of me is still on Planet - What the Hell were you thinking in the first place ?

I need to understand that part first and maybe then I'll move on.

As I've always said, lets have a conversation first and see what kind of arrangement we can come to but when it comes to money don't make an agreement and then tell me the way it's going to be post decision as I will react badly.

I think it's wise to wait to let the dust settle first though.

Bill x
Hooked
GTS 300
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:54 am quote
nothing to wait for. take the monthly stipend and be happy you got everything
Ossessionato
2016 MP3/500 Sport ABS, 2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:10 am quote
Interesting Posts...
Enjoyed reading about everyone's experiences.

I am 62; my plan was to work until 63 1/2 and Retire Early.
Do 18 months of Cobra Health Insurance, then I qualify for Medicare at 65.

Between 63 1/2 and 66 1/2 (My Official Full Retirement for SSI) live off my savings then file for SSI. With SSI and Savings, I would be in Great Shape.

Well, shit happens...
It looks like I will be forced to retire from my current employer in December 2019. 1 year short of my plan...

I have a lot on my mind as what to do as the original poster.
I am very active, I can't ever see me sitting at home and doing my hobbies.
Maybe do some Volunteer work at the Animal Shelters and local Rescue's to transport animals.

Good Luck to you...
Keith,
Marietta, GA
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...9101112Next
[ Time: 0.3112s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0396s) ][ Debug on ]