Possible retirement at 54/ Bill's Medical Malady
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...789101112Next
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Typhoon 125
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:56 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
Oh and Bill the Ural dealer said they should be picking up my 2019 Gear Up next week... The assembly will take them a while as I bought a LOT of add-ons but it will be soon... Apparently a lot of people are waiting for their 2019's as sales were incredibly strong after the engine upgrades and tweaks. I guess a lot of people were waiting to pull the trigger and this was the year.
Just so it is ready before winter.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:20 pm quote
Dooglas wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Oh and Bill the Ural dealer said they should be picking up my 2019 Gear Up next week... The assembly will take them a while as I bought a LOT of add-ons but it will be soon... Apparently a lot of people are waiting for their 2019's as sales were incredibly strong after the engine upgrades and tweaks. I guess a lot of people were waiting to pull the trigger and this was the year.
Just so it is ready before winter.
No kidding... Good thing I bought it for winter riding.

We're in Tobermory in about a month for 10 days. Hope to have it for that as Manitoulin would be a great break in ride.
eeee-bip
Benelli TNT 125/Kymco AK550 I don't care. You can quote me.
Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:10 am quote
Bigger
Allow me this opportunity to explain something.

There are somethings that I understand but many more I don't .

When I don't get something I'll often ask lots of questions from those whose beliefs or an actions I'm ignorant of and this often seen as being very unwelcome.

To questions another's choice of ride, football team or partner or is a challenging thing to do because for you it's been a very personal / well thought out decision as it reflects on you.

I don't want to be seen to suggesting that your well thought out decision is wrong, nor is it about looking for any amount of justification, it's more about simply not getting it.

If I don't get it then I am at a loss and I'm hungry to learn.

If I understand it I'll know more about you and therefore more about myself.

This often makes me look like I'm an Asshole when I consistently ask - Why would you ?

Maybe it should be - What's your motivation behind that ?

Many of my choices of PTW have been born out of negative experiences so I'm biased more towards avoiding that happening again but my problem is that in the past when I've been made what I regard as being a good choice this has manifest itself as hubris, which isn't very bright.

It gives the impression that I'm an ungrateful shit with a very short memory.

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:27 am quote
Bill Dog wrote:
It gives the impression that I'm an ungrateful shit with a very short memory.
But we love you anyway.

Seriously, you give the impression of being a thoughtful person who has the courage to share his thinking processes with the rest of us - in all their glory, and with all their warts and bruises. That can't be a bad thing.
eeee-bip
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:43 am quote
True
Yes the filter between my brain and my mouth has never that worked that well and I'm awful at dressing stuff up to make it more palatable.

As long as you guys don't mind me sharing I'll carry on.

Thanks.

Bill x
Hooked
GTS 300
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:00 am quote
Here in America we call it freedom of speech and is one of the reasons we left your Country behind Bill. Carry on with your writings.
BTW-My boss threatened to fire me a couple times because like you, my filter isn't fine enough for him.go figure
eeee-bip
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:42 pm quote
Update
The short story is that there was a dispute between myself and the Lawyers over a property that I half owned with my parents that I was going to inherit having lived in it for about 30 years
The Lawyers read the will and wanted to give my Sister the cash equivalent to offset it but this contradicted my parents wishes which were stipulated in the will which were - I'd get the house and she would get a fair amount of unrelated cash from the sale of the family home.
My Sister wasn't going to object to the compensation so my Uncle ( an Executor ) and I had a meeting with the Lawyers and they pretty much dismissed our objection.
He then took my Sister aside and reminded to her that she wasn't supposed to receive any cash relating to the ( my ) house but suggested that I would be happy to share the remaining half with her so we'd divide the cash between us.
She agreed. The last of the will has been paid out and she's now refusing to divide it.
I have been played.

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:50 pm quote
Bill Dog wrote:
My Sister wasn't going to object to the compensation so my Uncle ( an Executor ) and I had a meeting with the Lawyers and they pretty much dismissed our objection.
He then took my Sister aside and reminded to her that she wasn't supposed to receive any cash relating to the ( my ) house but suggested that I would be happy to share the remaining half with her so we'd divide the cash between us.
She agreed. The last of the will has been paid out and she's now refusing to divide it.
I have been played.
Family. Sometimes the best. Sometimes the worst.
eeee-bip
Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:05 pm quote
Dig
Yup.

Before there was enough to possibly to not work for the next 10 years, if I had to and only if I was really careful but now that's no longer an option.

It's not the fact that I want to retire but as there are times when I can't tell you what day it is, let alone carry out some task so I'm not sure that I'm ready to reintegrate myself back into society completely quite yet.

Great days indeed.

Bill x
Primavera 125 3v Liberty ABS125 3v
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:17 am quote
Re: Dig
Bill Dog wrote:
Yup.

Before there was enough to possibly to not work for the next 10 years, if I had to and only if I was really careful but now that's no longer an option.

It's not the fact that I want to retire but as there are times when I can't tell you what day it is, let alone carry out some task so I'm not sure that I'm ready to reintegrate myself back into society completely quite yet.

Great days indeed.

Bill x
Bill take it little by little, in my case Iím out of flying due to EASA regulations, but now my main objective is survival. If I improve and succeed enough to recover flying status that would mean my health has recovered.

Going back to work is not my objetive, but itís a milestone that if reached will mean the main objective is covered!

Hope the best for you my colleague 😊
Hooked
GTS 300
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:29 am quote
Bummer
Bill, you certainly have your issues and i appreciate you sharing. please continue writing. this is the first time you told us about coordination problems keeping you away from work.
please continue with the meds and follow doctors orders.

on the drive to work I thought about the dire faces you saw on a bus so this morning I raised my coffee cup the the driver next to me. His face changed to a puzzled [wtf] look and I might have made his day.
eeee-bip
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:41 pm quote
Bing
It's funny you say that. I used to work in customer services and I've noticed that you to engage with others just a little bit more ( especially those behind the counter ) you get so much more.

Always ask how they are and always ask how their day is going because they light up.
Someone hasn't just taken them for granted, someone actually cares enough to ask.

My issue is mostly with memory, that and the uncertainty but as I keep saying, this is a really interesting part of my life so lets see where it goes.

I had a drug free month a few weeks back and it felt as is someone had tightened up the focus on my day.

Do you remember when you'd go to those all night parties then walk home around 6am ? That's how I feel most days

A strange thing happened the other day. I've not drunk any alcohol for getting on 30 years now and I heard the sound of a glass being filled with ice getting primed for a good whiskey and God I wanted a drink.

Bill x
Hooked
GTS 300
Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:27 am quote
Anomonyous
I'm in Sales and know a pleasant attitude gets more attention; something about bees and vinegar.
We talked about our fleeting memories and the embarrassing situations. I think we did.
I recall all-nighters, we call them xerox nights because you show up for work wearing the same cloths as the day before and feeling shitty. That was over 40 years ago, now it's tough to stay up past 10PM [23:00]
I quit smoking cold turkey when our first child was born. Not smoking around an infant is good and was my focus to get me through. Yet similar to your temptation, I could light up any time but I DON'T. After a few minutes the enticement diminishes as I focus on other things. Like you did I have some friends that just gave up alcohol for no dependent issue, just wanted to stop. They seem proud of their accomplishment. Me, I have my vices but keep them moderately.
Since we're sharing; I'm on an insulin pump and had by-pass. Drive a twist and go because of foot nephropathy. Had surgery on both hands to eliminate the trigger finger and able's me to pull the levers. But like you I get things addressed and continue to do the best I can. Luckily my Faith helps me cope.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:43 am quote
Re: Bing
Bill Dog wrote:
It's funny you say that. I used to work in customer services and I've noticed that you to engage with others just a little bit more ( especially those behind the counter ) you get so much more.

Always ask how they are and always ask how their day is going because they light up.
Someone hasn't just taken them for granted, someone actually cares enough to ask.
This reminded me of Chuck, he was the parts guy at the Cummins dealer in town. He would answer the phone "Yea What Do You Want!" I knew a lot of guys who could not stand to deal with him. Then one day I just said "Morning Chuck, this is Ken!". Could not believe how something that simple could change his attitude.

From that day on I always asked for Chuck. You could give him some obscure part number or just a casting number off a part and he could figure out just what parts you needed and give a call right back with availability. He still sounded grumpy but in a friendly way, at least to me.
eeee-bip
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:20 am quote
Bottle
I really tried to fit in when I was younger so I drank, smoked and did a few drugs and then I realised that I was looking for acceptance.

After that realisation I soon gave up on that and I havn't done any since which was a good decision as I'm a total arse on booze.

I'm a total arse without booze.

I've kept as fit as I can which is why I find my situation quite ironic.

There's no rhyme or reason to this condition so best I just get on with it.

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:28 am quote
Re: Bottle
Bill Dog wrote:
I really tried to fit in when I was younger so I drank, smoked and did a few drugs and then I realised that I was looking for acceptance.

After that realisation I soon gave up on that and I havn't done any since which was a good decision as I'm a total arse on booze.

I'm a total arse without booze.

There's no rhyme or reason to this condition so best I just get on with it.

Bill x
So what your saying is your'e just in general an arse? Bill tell us something we don't already know

Good luck beating this fucking disease. It claims far too many good people and I include you in the good people list. Stay strong man and you know we are here for you if there is anything we can do.
eeee-bip
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:59 am quote
Going
It's interesting phraseology. I'm stubborn and single minded but I'm not very strong.

The drugs are strong. I'm just a vessel for them.

I appear that way because I'll set myself a target and I feel hollow if I don't complete the act so I still have a hankering for 1500 miles in 24 hours and 1000 miles on a 125.

I'm just bloody minded and very selfish on occasions.

The illness is an inconvenience and the medication plus the repeated hospital visits are more annoying than the actual condition now that it's sort of in containment.

Bill x
Addicted
ET4 Pre-Leader 125 "Velocipede"
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:54 pm quote
Re: Bottle
Bill Dog wrote:
... and that is quite possibly the most effective armour when negotiating the health system.

Repeating what I said when we met up, but I was constantly reminded of how badly people with the same condition fare because they haven't taken enough care of themselves.

eeee-bip
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:07 pm quote
Walk
7.5 miles on Tuesday today and tomorrow.

Oh yes.

Good advice.

Bill x
eeee-bip
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:10 pm quote
Vase
The last time I had my heart rate tested the Nurse said , you're quite physically fit aren't you. Your resting heart rate is 54 and you don't appear to have white coat syndrome. Keep it up.

The concerning thing is that 30 mins after taking the drug I can feel the affect that it's having on my heart.

There's like a mild straining or a pulling sensation but not enough for me to call for advice. As the numbers are dropping I don't want to use it as an excuse to swap to yet another drug.

Please forgive me because I know that I've said this before but apart from the above and having an atrocious memory I'm physically fine which is why hospital visits make me feel like a fraud.

There's no incapacity or obvious physical ailment.

My Consultants are far more concerned about my condition than I am because now my blood works like blood (rather than having the consistency of breakfast cereal) I'm not gasping for breath and if I'm not gasping my addled head thinks I'm better when I'm really a work in progress.

Dammit

Bill x
Molto Verboso
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Moto Guzzi Airone 250 Sport 1951
Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:47 am quote
... Bill ... do yourself the favor of feeling better and who cares if you then change the bike or the scooter because you want to go only walking or cycling, but do not deprive me of your comments.
eeee-bip
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:35 am quote
Whinge
It looks like my Sister has reneged on sharing the last of the inheritance as she agreed.

Looks like retirement is out of the question then.

Arse.

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:40 am quote
Bill Dog wrote:
It looks like my Sister has reneged on sharing the last of the inheritance as she agreed.

Looks like retirement is out of the question then.

Arse.

Bill x
You canít fight that in court? Wow my second friend this week a sister has screwed over in the will. My brother and I both took the easy was out. We both said we didnít want anything. My brother is wealthy by any definition and I do OK. I will also fall in to a large inheritance on my wifeís side but certainly arenít planning or looking forward to it.
eeee-bip
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:52 am quote
Gift
We made the agreement so that we could get the probate through.

Now it's through and she has the balance she's changed her mind.

I should have refused to let probate go any further.

You live and learn.

Bill x
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:08 am quote
Re: Gift
Bill Dog wrote:
We made the agreement so that we could get the probate through.

Now it's through and she has the balance she's changed her mind.

I should have refused to let probate go any further.

You live and learn.

Bill x
Perhaps you should have got it in writing... ...but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Bummed for you.
eeee-bip
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:11 am quote
Tarts all round
Give me a minute and I'll tell you the whole story.

Gather around children.......

So if I was a total shit I could have halted the probate process because I didn't agree with the distribution of the remaining half of the property but as irony would have it my sister was buying another property so rather than be bloody minded I asked my Uncle to have a word with her.
The suggestion was that rather than stop proceedings or I insisted that the remaining half of the property went to me with no cash compensation to her I suggested that we could divide the remaining value of it between the two of us.
She'd get paid the remaining 1/2 value with me giving is both a 1/4 value.
She agreed so probate was allowed to continue but soon after we paid the Lawyers $27,000 and the final cash came through be became reluctant to stick with the deal.
After asking numerous times when she'd transfer the money and not getting a straight answer or at least a deflected one I started to get the "hump" with it.
The best answer was " I won't be pressurised" and the classic " The money isn't going to stop the uncertainty of your health". I went a bit nuclear after that as when you don't have an income money isn't going to make a toss of difference to your well being is it ?

Breathe.

Last edited by Bill Dog on Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:41 am; edited 3 times in total
Hooked
GTS 300
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:33 am quote
only
I'm an only child and it was tough growing up without a sibling. I envied my friends who had brothers and sisters and even told them to stop fighting with each other. In high school they all finally loved each other and were joyful.
After they married is when problems occurred because the couples did not have the same family culture. Incompatible.
Now most have grown older and a new set of arguments and strife occur. Most are about their parents wills and property.
Sometimes It's good to be an only child. Just sometimes.
eeee-bip
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:47 am quote
List
The sad thing is we've always got on very well and when the shit hit the fan with my parents we really pulled together but due to some ambiguous phrasing in the request part of the will the entire remaining half of my house , or at least the value of it was given to her which wasn't my parents wishes.

This is where the rot started.

You certainly live and learn.

Bill x
Addicted
ET4 Pre-Leader 125 "Velocipede"
Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:06 pm quote
Re: List
Bill Dog wrote:
The sad thing is we've always got on very well and when the shit hit the fan with my parents we really pulled together but due to some ambiguous phrasing in the request part of the will the entire remaining half of my house , or at least the value of it was given to her which wasn't my parents wishes.

Bill x
I can only empathise. I'll not muddy the waters with my own similar situation, other than to say that my Mother was the architect of it all, ensuring that my Sister inherited everything.

That just means I know how it's hurting, not that it hurts me to the same level. It's nowhere near.

It's crap beyond belief in your situation, utter, utter crap.
eeee-bip
Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:18 pm quote
Bowl
Yeah I'm a little frustrated but hey, I've weathered worse.

However, I'd like to see an end to it.

That would be nice.

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:27 pm quote
Never mind
Bill Dog wrote:

Bill x
You'd just fritter it all away on frivolous things like food, motorcycles and airplane tickets anyway, instead of important things like shoes, unused home gym equipment, shoes, wine, and shoes.
eeee-bip
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:37 pm quote
Large
My favourite quote from George Best -

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Genius.
Addicted
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:39 am quote
Re: Tarts all round
Bill Dog wrote:
soon after we paid the Lawyers $27,000 and the final cash came through be became reluctant to stick with the deal.
Is it the case that the deal wasn't documented and enforceable (in which case I'd be having a discussion with my expensive legal team), or more that you don't want to drag this on because it's your sister and you just want to be done with it (which maybe you alluded to jn a later post)?

Edit: To add from my experience... when I went through this with my dad's estate a few years ago, all financials were dealt with in escrow through the lawyer office. Financial transfers were not "optional" or open to renege because nothing was released from probate until *everything* in the agreement was settled at the same time. It sounds like your case wasn't managed the same way, but I am confused why it would not have been?
eeee-bip
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:53 am quote
Muscle
I think I know what you're getting at so I'll expand a bit.

No it wasn't documented. It was a verbal negotiation between my Uncle who was an executor and my Sister.

When my Uncle and I saw the way the compensation was being paid and how it went against my parents wishes we requested a meeting to ask if they could comply with M and P's stipulations in the final requests.
They were insistent they were acting as instructed so ploughed on regardless.
We arranged this meeting with the full knowledge of my Sister by the way.
Sorry if I'm repeating myself. So as I wasn't working and I was running out of money, plus I didn't want my Sister to lose the house she hadn't paid for, I folded on the idea that we'd divide the spoils equally.
Halting the process of probate by insisting that she didn't receive any amount of compensation from the house seemed a bit much so I suggested dividing it - $93,000 between us.
Now that may not be much to many of you but when your health has taken a bit of a bad turn and you don't know when you'll be fit to return to work it's value grows.
Asking her to sign something to the affect of that seemed a bit much so I settled on a verbal agreement.

If anyone wants to read the requests in the will just ask and I'm PM you.

This probably sounds strange but this was the first time I was being treated for cancer and I'd lost both my parents within 5 months so I was a bit like a deer in the headlights.

If I knew that my Sister was going to mislead me in this way maybe I would have acted differently.

Bill
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:54 am quote
Way too many families get torn apart by things like this!

I was lucky when mom passed after dad did that there was not much money to be worried about. Main thing was the house but even that was nothing to talk about.

And I guess the three of us "kids" were raised right as there was absolutely no disagreements on who got what or how much.
eeee-bip
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:03 am quote
Quick
And that's the sad part of it. We've always got on well but even after you agree a compromise which actually works against you and they break their word it's really disappointing.

You havn't heard the best bit yet.
eeee-bip
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:23 am quote
Act
Soon after the Lawyers transferred the last of the money there was a small amount that she owed me for money that I'd been refunded from the local authorities.

The Lawyers took that way from my settlement even though it went straight back out on the house to cover clearance costs.

She paid me that. Nothing more.

Sweet.

Bill x
eeee-bip
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:36 pm quote
Strange Days
Went off to London for a check up today but as usual I arrived early just in case they sent me off for a pre blood test......test.

Arrived to a practically empty waiting room to be told that there was a 1 1/2 hour wait so just as I got my cute buns sat down I got called in.

Got my lymph nodes played with, some more blood taken and then sent packing.

Same meds for the next 7 weeks. Who hoooo.

Bill x
eeee-bip
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:36 pm quote
Moment
A really interesting thing happened yesterday.

I got into a very animated argument with my neighbour about her loud music, her aggressive barking dog and generally being obnoxious ( her not me ) and it got pretty heated.

So heated that her neighbour got involved so it was two against one which was entertaining to say the least but as the barrage of abuse increased I started to realise that the medication I'm taking has prevented me from feeling any amount of sympathy for others circumstances especially when they aren't an educational match.

I actually found myself ramping it up which was childish and entertaining but the thing that bothered me was that I was actually enjoying it.

Usually I would have talked it down but no, I was charged with indifference so I didn't care about the consequences.

It was novel to feel this level of "numb" and yet remaining totally involved.

They eventually gave up as they'd run out of insults and I had to stop myself to invite them to come back. I almost missed their presence soon after.

Usually I would brood about this kind of event but this time I acted like an angry dog whose just been called in for his chow.

Done. Moved on.

Roll on the Meds

Bill x

NB I know that charged with indifference is a bit of an oxymoron but I think you all know what I'm getting at.

Last edited by Bill Dog on Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:00 am quote
Are you sure itís the meds? I think itís just old age.

I hope they got off your lawn.
Missouri Loves Company Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...789101112Next
[ Time: 0.1979s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0802s) ][ Debug on ]