VBB Seat Padding: Cheap yoga mat and 20 minutes
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
Vespa VBB
Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:43 pm quote
I was inspired to beef up my VBB's seat cushion for longer rides by qascooter and the post [topic160070.3.]

Instead of beefing mine up as much as his, I wanted to add a thin layer of reasonably-dense foam. I had a spare yoga mat laying around. It's a very thin one, and has a light stippled pattern. My assumption is that if one layer of it keeps me happy for an hour while doing yoga, four layers of it should make my bottom much happier during a long ride.

In particular, I was hoping to feel the springs a little bit less and disperse the pressure throughout my seat.

I cut four layers of the yoga mat and laid them between the plastic sheet and the original foam. This has made my seat significantly more comfortable. It took about 20 minutes from start to finish, took no tools except for a pair of scissors, and was a fun way to end a session in the garage.

1.jpg
The original seat.

2.jpg
Removing the top took no tools and just a couple minutes.

3.jpg
This is a $16 Gaiam yoga mat. Namaste.

4.jpg
The four layers of yoga mat on top of the plastic sheet. I kept the original foam as well.

5.jpg
The final result looks similar to the original. Note a slightly overstuffed line. It is more comfortable.

Hooked
Honda elite
Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:43 am quote
that is awesome! Like you I would enjoy a more comfortable seat. The seat strap looks better too!
Addicted
2008 GTS 250, 1979 P200E
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:55 am quote
Very nice! Yoga mats come in handy for all kinds of crazy stuff. Also camping pads, the old school foam kind work well too. I've got one in the garage when I need to get under the scooter.
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
[ Time: 1.6322s ][ Queries: 25 (0.1032s) ][ Debug on ]