How many sold your big bikes ,now ride vespas only
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous1234
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:19 pm quote
cdwise wrote:
The Eagle Riders at the BMW/Triumph dealer in Denver has the BMW 310R, BMW 310GS, several BMW 1200s, Triumph Tiger, Triumph Bonneville and even a Zero (something I'd consider renting if it weren't $149 a day). That location doesn't have a single Harley though the other one in Denver has nothing but Harleys.
I'm going to go out on a hunch and guess this is not like Hertz where you can bring the vehicle back to any location? Maybe it is but then the section makes little sense where one has nothing but HD's and another BMW's and other bikes etc. Sure local preferences can play a part but you'd think there would still be a little variety. Maybe a lonely Rukus sitting in a corner?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, BV 500, Buddy 125
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:42 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
cdwise wrote:
The Eagle Riders at the BMW/Triumph dealer in Denver has the BMW 310R, BMW 310GS, several BMW 1200s, Triumph Tiger, Triumph Bonneville and even a Zero (something I'd consider renting if it weren't $149 a day). That location doesn't have a single Harley though the other one in Denver has nothing but Harleys.
I'm going to go out on a hunch and guess this is not like Hertz where you can bring the vehicle back to any location? Maybe it is but then the section makes little sense where one has nothing but HD's and another BMW's and other bikes etc. Sure local preferences can play a part but you'd think there would still be a little variety. Maybe a lonely Rukus sitting in a corner?
Yes, you can return to other locations. Like Hertz there is a significant fee to do so.

In the past some of the Eagle Riders locations had scooters. San Francisco had an MP3 as did Daytona. I had considerer renting one when I was in Florida for a conference to do a quick run to South Carolina since I a lot of trouble getting South Carolina off my ride map. My quick look seemed to indicate that the only scooters they were offering for rent (which included a Ruckus) were in Hawaii. Apparently you can sometimes get cheap rates on a one way if they need to move bikes back that had been rented for things like their Route 66 and Rocky Mountain tours or when they need more rental bikes in certain locations like Sturgis. It can cost as much to rent a bike for one day as a car for a week though.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Typhoon 125
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:32 am quote
cdwise wrote:
Now the BMW 310s would be interesting. Too bad I'm not planning on an extended winter visit to Denver.

(and yes, Eaglerider rates are darned high, but my problem has been availability, before anyone mentions rates)
Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous1234
[ Time: 0.2450s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0472s) ][ Debug on ]