'Nearly Wild' Camping by Vespa
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
Enthusiast
2017 Vespa GTS300 Super Rosso Drago
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:02 am quote
Hi Folks, just thought I'd share a few pics from my experiment with solo camping in Wales using the Vespa last weekend. The full story is on my blog, in two parts :

http://midlifecrisisbyvespa.blogspot.com/2018/10/nearly-wild-camping-by-vespa-pt1.html

http://midlifecrisisbyvespa.blogspot.com/2018/10/nearly-wild-camping-by-vespa-pt2.html

Vyrnwy.jpg

Escarpment.jpg

Vespa On Bridge.jpg

Waterfall.jpg

Molto Verboso
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2007 Burgman 400
Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:20 pm quote
Great Blog, Even better Photos
Chug,

You have got to be a professional photographer. Your use of light and
color is exceptional.

I also have the Dragon Red Vespa - yours looks great.

Good for you, but, my camping days are over. Please keep posting
your adventures and those great photos.

Bob Copeland
Minnesota USA
Ossessionato
2 X 74 Rallys, 66 Bluebadge, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 65 Li225 Silver Special, 86 Elite 80, 2015 HD Road Glide Special, 2011 Ural Tourist
Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:03 pm quote
Great to see your last experiment didnt scare you away from longer Vespa trips. Looking forward to reading your blogs.
Addicted
GTS 300 - 'George IV' (KIA) GTS Super 300 - 'George V'
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:25 am quote
Sweet - I'm off to the blog.

Gorgeous colour on that Vespa - nearly as sexy as my black one
Enthusiast
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:30 am quote
Thanks Bob, MJ & Dahoum.

(Bob - too kind. I only bought my first camera earlier this year actually and so don't really know what I'm doing! I wish I could get paid for doing photos. Then again, do I..? I have no-one to answer to being a newbie and an amateur, and as such it's a nice hobby!)
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:29 am quote
Loved the blog write up and pics!

Campsites, yeah, ugh, I avoid them *almost* entirely since they're always so loud and, really, you wind up with less privacy than at home, which seems utterly counter-purposeful.

But out here "camping in the wild" means backpacking into wilderness areas, but you can also car (or Vespa) camp anywhere on most public land (US Forest Service or Bureau of Land Management) for free, dozens of miles from another soul....

Anyway, man I love Wales! A friend from our small town here is in Cardiff (where my wife also has family) completing a one-year Masters program in music composition -- aging punk whose gotten into full orchestration -- and we're toying with heading out this summer for a visit.
Enthusiast
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:58 am quote
Thanks tdrake - and I'm totally jealous of all that wild camping space you have over there.

Cardiff is a great city from the little I've seen of it - and certainly a top spot to be studying. Sounds an interesting course too!

If you do come out to Wales next summer, be sure to hire a scoot and report back!
Ossessionato
LX150, GTS300, BV350, EN650
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:26 pm quote
Great photos and color enhancement.

I'm dying to know if you got to tour the the castle-in-the-lake!
Enthusiast
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:29 am quote
Jet Peddler wrote:
Haha! The "Castle' is ectually the 'straining tower' Jet. It is basically a big water filter so that the delicate flowers in Liverpool get water without unpleasant bits in it. It was built in the 'Gothic Revival' style and so looks like a Bavarian retreat, but is in fact essentially just a functional building. I like it when functional stuff is made beautiful for no other reason than 'why not?'. It doesn't tend to happen much these days.
Hooked
1986 Honda Elite 150 (sold), 2009 Scarabeo 200 (sold), 2007 GTV "Pazzo"
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:51 am quote
Very, very cool images and photographs. And the accompanying text is, well...a bit on the inspiring side, makes me want to pack up some gear on the back of Pazzo, my GTV, and head out with no particular destination in mind, for a few days.

Thank you for posting and sharing these!
Ossessionato
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:49 am quote
Chug Norris wrote:
Jet Peddler wrote:
Haha! The "Castle' is ectually the 'straining tower' Jet. It is basically a big water filter so that the delicate flowers in Liverpool get water without unpleasant bits in it. It was built in the 'Gothic Revival' style and so looks like a Bavarian retreat, but is in fact essentially just a functional building. I like it when functional stuff is made beautiful for no other reason than 'why not?'. It doesn't tend to happen much these days.
We've got the same sort of intake tower on our local Canyon Lake but it's just a huge cement pipe sticking straight up out of the water. Quite boring.

However, with our recent immense amount of rainfall and the lake being way up, the pipe emits a constant LOUD jet-engine type noise as the water screams down and through the dam's spillway. The sound is cool at first, but quickly becomes a nuisance, shattering the silent beauty of the lake.
Ossessionato
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:50 am quote
MiguelATF wrote:
Very, very cool images and photographs. And the accompanying text is, well...a bit on the inspiring side, makes me want to pack up some gear on the back of Pazzo, my GTV, and head out with no particular destination in mind, for a few days.

Thank you for posting and sharing these!
Welcome back Miquel!
Your Rally Here   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
[ Time: 0.2683s ][ Queries: 27 (0.0520s) ][ Debug on ]