mp3 500 continuously beeping after accident!
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Author Message
Member
piaggio mp3 500 2007
Joined: 02 May 2017
Posts: 12
Location: san francisco
Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:38 am quote
hi there!
I had an accident with an mp3 couple of months ago, the mp3 is scratched a bit but nothing serious on the outside.
after recovery from the injury I tried to turn it on again today, I charged the battery over night and tried to turn it on.
While the displays turns on, the starter does not engage, and the mp3 beeps continuously!

any suggestions on what might be broken?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 5972
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:28 pm quote
MP3 are battery sensitive. IF it won't crank your battery is dead. And it most likely the cause of the beep.
Member
piaggio mp3 500 2007
Joined: 02 May 2017
Posts: 12
Location: san francisco
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:17 pm quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
MP3 are battery sensitive. IF it won't crank your battery is dead. And it most likely the cause of the beep.
thanks! I just ordered a new battery and let's see if that was the issue!

this is a video of the beeping sound the mp3 makes:
Hooked
Fuoco 500ie - 2007, Benelli Adiva 150 - 2003
Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 388
Location: North West London,UK
Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:53 am quote
Don't you get an alarm if your instrument panel is disconnected?
Member
piaggio mp3 500 2007
Joined: 02 May 2017
Posts: 12
Location: san francisco
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:04 am quote
changing the battery solved the problem, the bike now turns on flawlessly!

the problem now is that the front wheels when turning left and right feel very unstable. is like the notch problem but way more serious.
I guess the impact with the car (even if was not so violent) broke something in the front bearings or in the fork!
this is going to be expensive to fix....
Hooked
2008 MP3 400
Joined: 13 May 2017
Posts: 231
Location: Land of Oz
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:38 am quote
It may just be the bar that links the front wheels together. It is easily bent in an impact. If that is the case, it won't be expensive and an easy replacement mechanically speaking.
Member
piaggio mp3 500 2007
Joined: 02 May 2017
Posts: 12
Location: san francisco
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:46 am quote
FrogmanDave wrote:
It may just be the bar that links the front wheels together. It is easily bent in an impact. If that is the case, it won't be expensive and an easy replacement mechanically speaking.
do you have a link or picture of the bar you are mentioning? is the one in this picture?

Untitled.png

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Posts: 20976
Location: Kingston, Tennessee, Tn
Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:31 pm quote
nibhelim wrote:
changing the battery solved the problem, the bike now turns on flawlessly!

the problem now is that the front wheels when turning left and right feel very unstable. is like the notch problem but way more serious.
I guess the impact with the car (even if was not so violent) broke something in the front bearings or in the fork!
this is going to be expensive to fix....
I just happen to have a complete front end for sale. it won't be cheap to ship your way though. probably would have to go on a pallet for freight truck. I would be willing to let it go for $300 plus the shipping.
2019 Spring Gathering - May 16 - 19, Location TBD (Likely Maggie Valley, NC)   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 1.5565s ][ Queries: 25 (1.1163s) ][ Debug on ]