New 177 contender
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous1234
Author Message
Molto Verboso
Vespa
Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Posts: 1248
Location: California
Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:38 pm quote
Hi Mendozaram not there so a little difficult to know exactly but sounds almost like ignition is having trouble maybe not carb sputtering?
Enthusiast
2005 Stella 2T
Joined: 14 Jun 2020
Posts: 90
Location: MA
Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:47 am quote
mendozaram wrote:
So, in this vídeo. The setup is the same Drilled mainjet from the last vídeo But AC160-BE3https://youtu.be/39BtjyCBqnc
That sounds a little better to my ear, so I think you are on the right track. But, you can still hear splutter at WOT. The AC160 and BE3 are as lean as you would want to go on the air tube and the mixer tube, so nothing left to do now except start walking down the main jet. My advice is to order a range of main jets between 120 and 130 and be patient. Your scooter sounds like it will still be quite rideable while you are waiting.
Hooked
1958 Allstate Super Cruisaire 2005 70cc Yamaha Vino
Joined: 23 Aug 2020
Posts: 141
Location: Philadelphia
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:48 am quote
Shipped my PX150E to Gick to have this installed this weekend. Excited to see how it does.
Member
2005 Star Dlx - VMC 187ccm
Joined: 19 Nov 2019
Posts: 34
Location: Venezuela
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:46 pm quote
hibbert wrote:
Hi Mendozaram not there so a little difficult to know exactly but sounds almost like ignition is having trouble maybe not carb sputtering?
Hi Hibbert, hello @kowaslki, thanks again. I had installed a brand new BGM HT CDI/COIL when the VMC was installed. After your comment Hibbert, this morning i'd installed the HT CDI/Coil that was installed before the new one from BGM

Guess What? Look this one bellow

https://youtu.be/PXMyfUyj11U

Maybe , a faulty unit. I don't know if those HT coils from BGM limits RPM.

Currently running on ID 55/160 2.25 turns out
Main Stack : AC140-E3- MJ Unknow (bigger than 120, smaller than 130)
Molto Verboso
Vespa
Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Posts: 1248
Location: California
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:44 am quote
Another good video Mendozaram sounds different. Maybe ignition trouble. Need for the jets to arrive and find the too rich point. Might try a AC120 now and moving forward. I have chased my tail a few times over a fouled spark plug.
Member
2005 Star Dlx - VMC 187ccm
Joined: 19 Nov 2019
Posts: 34
Location: Venezuela
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:49 am quote
hibbert wrote:
Another good video Mendozaram sounds different. Maybe ignition trouble. Need for the jets to arrive and find the too rich point. Might try a AC120 now and moving forward. I have chased my tail a few times over a fouled spark plug.
Yes, i have to wait for the set of MJ. but the spluttering on High RPM it's gone after the HT Coil swap. I'm hating BGM for that 😆. And yes, now i'll try AC120 and see how the ride is.
Enthusiast
2005 Stella 2T
Joined: 14 Jun 2020
Posts: 90
Location: MA
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:50 am quote
mendozaram wrote:
Guess What? Look this one bellow

https://youtu.be/PXMyfUyj11U

Maybe , a faulty unit. I don't know if those HT coils from BGM limits RPM.

Currently running on ID 55/160 2.25 turns out
Main Stack : AC140-E3- MJ Unknow (bigger than 120, smaller than 130)
Sounds much better. Good catch Hibbert. The good news/bad news is now you can/should start over on the main stack. I would begin with the AC120/BE3/MJ130 and take it from there.

I will add that now you have me questioning the coil on my own scooter. I've been getting what I thought was splutter despite a main stack that seems pretty lean compared to what others have been using. I see a new coil is only $25, so it is worth a try when scootering weather returns this part of the world.
Member
2005 Star Dlx - VMC 187ccm
Joined: 19 Nov 2019
Posts: 34
Location: Venezuela
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:12 pm quote
Kowalski wrote:
mendozaram wrote:
Guess What? Look this one bellow

https://youtu.be/PXMyfUyj11U

Maybe , a faulty unit. I don't know if those HT coils from BGM limits RPM.

Currently running on ID 55/160 2.25 turns out
Main Stack : AC140-E3- MJ Unknow (bigger than 120, smaller than 130)
Sounds much better. Good catch Hibbert. The good news/bad news is now you can/should start over on the main stack. I would begin with the AC120/BE3/MJ130 and take it from there.

I will add that now you have me questioning the coil on my own scooter. I've been getting what I thought was splutter despite a main stack that seems pretty lean compared to what others have been using. I see a new coil is only $25, so it is worth a try when scootering weather returns this part of the world.
i'll ask to 10pollici (i bough the Blue BGM HT Coil to them) whats the difference between the blue and the red one. The blue says ORIGINAL, the red one says PRO. Maybe the blue one limits the RPM.

Yes, i'll test the AC120... For mainjet i have to wait some time.

bgmht.jpg

Ossessionato
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2
Joined: 02 Aug 2015
Posts: 2143
Location: Veria, Greece
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:46 pm quote
Both are the same. Scooter Center marketing crap...
Member
2005 Star Dlx - VMC 187ccm
Joined: 19 Nov 2019
Posts: 34
Location: Venezuela
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:26 pm quote
Kowalski wrote:
...Sounds much better. Good catch Hibbert. The good news/bad news is now you can/should start over on the main stack. I would begin with the AC120/BE3/MJ130 and take it from there...
AC120-BE3- Mainjet somewhere between 120-130. I felt a little bog but passing 1/2 throttle it's fine

This is the plug with 10miles ride, a couple of short WOTs , normal shutdown.... Picture under sunlight, in the shadow looks darker than this pictures

IMG_20210113_171758.jpg

IMG_20210113_171839.jpg

IMG_20210113_171858.jpg

Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 225
Joined: 02 Nov 2019
Posts: 1404
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:51 pm quote
Are those silver specs? If so that's melted aluminum from the piston. Which would mean your to lean and running hot, have detonation issues from timing advance or both.
Member
2005 Star Dlx - VMC 187ccm
Joined: 19 Nov 2019
Posts: 34
Location: Venezuela
Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:59 pm quote
Christopher_55934 wrote:
Are those silver specs? If so that's melted aluminum from the piston. Which would mean your to lean and running hot, have detonation issues from timing advance or both.
Maybe sunlight ? This is without sunlight

IMG_20210113_172002.jpg

IMG_20210113_171953.jpg

Enthusiast
2005 Stella 2T
Joined: 14 Jun 2020
Posts: 90
Location: MA
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:54 am quote
mendozaram wrote:
AC120-BE3- Mainjet somewhere between 120-130. I felt a little bog but passing 1/2 throttle it's fine

This is the plug with 10miles ride, a couple of short WOTs , normal shutdown.... Picture under sunlight, in the shadow looks darker than this pictures
Plug looks fine to me. If you're getting a bog at mid-throttle, try using your E3 mixer tube instead of the BE3. Leave everything else the same.
Member
2005 Star Dlx - VMC 187ccm
Joined: 19 Nov 2019
Posts: 34
Location: Venezuela
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:02 pm quote
[quote="Kowalski"]
mendozaram wrote:
....Plug looks fine to me. If you're getting a bog at mid-throttle, try using your E3 mixer tube instead of the BE3. Leave everything else the same.
E3 looks similar to BE5, richer than BE3. I'll try, but i was thinking , it would have more bogging. Let me try with E3
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous1234
[ Time: 0.1602s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0425s) ][ Debug on ]