Paint on a P150S
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
Enthusiast
P150S, 1963 Triumph Bonneville
Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:38 pm quote
I'm in the process of buying some paint to match the original colour which is a metallic blue on my 1988 P150S. I went to a local auto paint supplier, (who are the biggest in town), with the horn cover and asked if it could be matched. He said it was done in three layers. first coat was the blue, second the metallic and the third coat was clear. Dose this sound right? Anyway after being fucked about for the week they say they are having trouble matching it. Has any one tried to match paint on their mid 80's Vespa with good results and am I being told the truth about needing three tins of paint instead of one or two. I'm now thinking of buying a close metallic blue all in one can. Cheers Coops
Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:17 pm quote
Don't ask me
I very much doubt vespa would paint a scoot that many times. .... id say a primer then the metallic colour then clear if ya lucky
Ossessionato
2 matching N.Z. '69 VBC Super, 177cc Racer, VespaCross Bodge, Puch SRA150, Piaggio Zip 100! & others
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:55 am quote
My P150S has a dark blue... wonder if itís the same colour?

Colour, metallic, clear sounds ok...
My EG Civic had orange, sparkles, metallic, holographic, clear, pearl, glow-in the dark, clear... something like that,... so what he says itís got is pretty simple.

The PX200e Iím doing up uses 3 colours to match the original, as I couldnít get the exact match... the green Mazda 2 Iím doing the roof on today has 4 colours to match the original faded colour, incl a metallic silver base to lighten it up.
Missouri Loves Company Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
[ Time: 0.3015s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0482s) ][ Debug on ]