@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula

Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
UTC quote
Miguel wrote:
Point37 wrote:
mpfrank wrote:
Point37 wrote:
nice design...0-60mph in 2.9s...sounds fun...what's the range, price, weight and where is the center of gravity located?...like to see a head to head with this and zero's bikes
0 - 60 mph in under three seconds?

Not quite.

"That model will also zip from standstill to 25 mph (40 km/h) in under three seconds, on its way to a top speed of 62 mph (100 km/h)."
not talking about the scooter, the apex e-motorcycle...

"And with its eyes still on the future, a few details were shared about a concept electric motorcycle called the Segway Apex. Described as a super scooter, this ride will have a top speed of 125 mph and go from standstill to 60 mph in 2.9 seconds. "
I saw the 2.9 seconds for the Apex as well. That is truly amazing torque and speed if they pull it off. Its a nice looking bike.

Best
Miguel
Ah!

Got it.
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN
UTC quote
Has anyone seen or ridden the Harley Livewire yet? Pretty awesome but priced to the moon.
@sledge avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300 HPE

Ossessionato
@sledge avatar
GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
Damon Hypersport = 200 mile range
https://damonxlabs.com/
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@miguel avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer (also gone), 2001 BMW R1100RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@miguel avatar
UTC quote
https://www.energicamotor.com/energica-eva-esseesse9-old-school-electric-motorcycle/

Italian (of course!). Beautiful, simple design. Performance is in line with similar electric MCs. Unfortunately, they didn't advertise this particular design on their website. I tripped across it somewhere else.

Miguel
OP
@rrider avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)

Ossessionato
@rrider avatar
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
UTC quote
And let's step back to the smaller ones again: I like this!

youtu.be/O6ZNdwfX4_Q

A German... well, e-moto /pedal bike combo.

@miguel avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@miguel avatar
UTC quote
That looks like an incredible machine. Peddles look unnecessary and like they don't add much. I'm just guessing but those may not be allowed in the bike lanes in my area. They are just so fast and will overwhelm bicycles and slower emachines in the bike lanes, creating a hazard for everyone. Just sayin'. But they look fantastic. Thanks for posting. How much are they? Miguel
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
OP
@rrider avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@rrider avatar
UTC quote
Miguel wrote:
That looks like an incredible machine. Peddles look unnecessary and like they don't add much. I'm just guessing but those may not be allowed in the bike lanes in my area. They are just so fast and will overwhelm bicycles and slower emachines in the bike lanes, creating a hazard for everyone. Just sayin'. But they look fantastic. Thanks for posting. How much are they? Miguel
.. and here we go again to the downside: the price.

In Germany it is quoted at ~12 000 Eur... which is a lot.
This involves monthly leasing option... and the one-shot purchase price is likely to go down.

Top speed around 80 km/h, range ~120km....classified here as an electric motorcycle, so requires a license and has to be ridden on roads.

Does not look too good based on numbers.... but it does look good and there's the promise for a very interesting pedal response vs. electric speed. Still, hard to say how well this niche will sell.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
https://www.tecnoandroid.it/2020/01/17/ingegnere-di-voghera-brevetta-la-batteria-che-dura-in-eterno-657943

The battery that lasts forever invented by an Italian arrives

The invention of the engineer Lisini risks leading the revolution of the next technological generation thanks to its battery that lasts forever.The invention of an engineer from Voghera called Gianni Lisini really risks leading the revolution of the next technological generation, since he invented a battery that lasts forever and has earned the nickname "new Volta". Researcher at the Iuss University of Pavia, Lisini has been dealing with astrophysics for years and the encounter with this invention comes from a daily necessity.As Lisini said, the work behind the research has been very tiring. Solving the problem of having to change or recharge batteries often led him to patent the idea in Italy and abroad. However, the validation process is a rather expensive process and, in addition to the filing fees, you have to wait a year to be recognized that your invention is unique.

Presented to the general public during the Jotto Fair in Pisa, or an event organized precisely by the University's Technology Transfer Office that enhances the results of the research. Lisini revealed the operation of the invention and also managed to arouse the interest of the various entrepreneurs and possible funders of the project.

On a practical level, the researcher and engineer explains how it works: "this battery is composed of a chemical accumulator placed next to a super capacitor, a newly built capacitor that has the characteristic of being able to accumulate up to 5 thousand Farads, with the advantage of having a number very high possibility of charge and discharge, millions against the few hundreds of common chemical batteries to manage them together and take advantage of both. We have created prototypes of these batteries, some companies are getting interested and trying them out ".

Obviously this battery is not really eternal, but it could become it. To date it lasts for 20 years and as you can imagine its applications are endless. From urban transport to electric cars, passing through smartphones, if the initial cost is higher than the normal ones, it is immediately reabsorbed by the fact that it is not necessary to change it often.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
5kF is a huge capacitance! Planet Earth is only 711µF.

I had read of a 10kF graphene capacitor once - rummages - ah yes:
https://www.graphene-info.com/sunvault-energy-and-edison-power-present-10000-farad-graphene-supercapacitor
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
The nice thing is that it has become a speed race to get more and better progress. There is to be optimistic about it.
@point37 avatar
UTC

Hooked
'13 Buddy 125 Seafoam

Hooked
@point37 avatar
'13 Buddy 125 Seafoam
UTC quote
i'd hate to see that capacitor explode...i hope they have shielded it properly to protect the user
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
Soon will be riding and reviewing this new titanium frame eBike.

https://wattwagons.com/pages/crosstour_specifications

@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
RRider wrote:

youtu.be/O6ZNdwfX4_Q

What are the odds that a million people are going to ride this to and from work every day in Mumbai or Dar Es Salaam?

the two questions that are going to determine most the arc of the growth of electric motorcycles are:
Where do they need these?
and
How much money do they have?

The market of people who will pay $12,000 to replace a $4000 scooter is probably not going to fuel innovation of this product. The mass of people who can barely pay for a Chinese scooter then struggle to pay for gas to keep it running will. The person who really feels the need for a locking gas cap on a scooter is the market that will make electric vehicles explode.
Around a grand to $1500, you can beat the crap out of it all day, every day on unpaved and poorly maintained roads, and 120 miles of range at speeds people actually ride, and that's the bike that will really kick things off. The electric vehicle that replaces the Honda Hero.
Can you turn it into a Tuk Tuk?
OP
@rrider avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@rrider avatar
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
RRider wrote:

youtu.be/O6ZNdwfX4_Q

What are the odds that a million people are going to ride this to and from work every day in Mumbai or Dar Es Salaam?

the two questions that are going to determine most the arc of the growth of electric motorcycles are:
Where do they need these?
and
How much money do they have?

The market of people who will pay $12,000 to replace a $4000 scooter is probably not going to fuel innovation of this product. The mass of people who can barely pay for a Chinese scooter then struggle to pay for gas to keep it running will. The person who really feels the need for a locking gas cap on a scooter is the market that will make electric vehicles explode.
Around a grand to $1500, you can beat the crap out of it all day, every day on unpaved and poorly maintained roads, and 120 miles of range at speeds people actually ride, and that's the bike that will really kick things off. The electric vehicle that replaces the Honda Hero.
Can you turn it into a Tuk Tuk?
That is right, of course, but in this one I do especially like the innovation part. I believe it has fuelled others' innovations further, if not made the commericial breakthrough itself.

I see some similarities with the fresh, Finnish start-up Revonte.
They focus on electrically assisted bicycles, but with an interesting new approach of an automatic transmission. Revonte focuses on the technology only, but has just signed contracts with the British Lavelle and the Finnish Tunturi, both bicycle manufacturers.... will be interesting see what will come up.

Actually, their idea is to minimize complex hardware, and also make manufacturing easy, so, why not a Tuk Tuk in the near future....
Revonte's approach
Revonte's approach
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
TVS has another scooter coming out, supposedly next month. This is a really good looking scooter and a little better than the iQube, in that it only takes three hours to charge and not five, but the range is still in the 50 mile range, if you don't ride it fast, which probably means it will go about 20 miles in normal use.

https://auto.ndtv.com/tvs-bikes/creon
OP
@rrider avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@rrider avatar
UTC quote
HD is also still alive and kicking... their middleweight concept bike.

Now, to be honest, the first HD for a long time that even an Euro- native like myself feels a bit attracted to!

Estimated time until to a product 3 years... that, on the other hand is a long time.
OP
@rrider avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@rrider avatar
UTC quote
Not exactly new
... but I had the opportunity to have a closer look of these Super Soco bikes & scoots in a bike show.

I can understand why they have gained such popularity.
Fit & finnish appears to be very good. Nearby were e.g. SWM and Fantic motorcycles...and I'll have to say I was more impressed of the quality impression by Super Soco.

The specs: max 100 miles range, top speed around 60 mph... and here a bit over 3000EUR.

Not bad, really.

The "scrambler" style version felt actually quite cool too A bit small/hard seat to my taste, but so do have many proper scramblers...
@miguel avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@miguel avatar
UTC quote
Electric trucks are coming on strong in the US evidently. Hummer is being resurrected as an electric pickup and on sale in 2021. https://www.npr.org/2020/01/31/801570087/the-hummer-is-coming-back-as-an-electric-vehicle . I'll let the article speak for itself. I'm glad to see this move as it fuels electric vehicle technology which will trickle down to other vehicles and create a need for charging infrastructure. Attitudes are definitely shifting.

Best Miguel
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes
UTC quote
One of the petrol station chains is advertising a electric scooter proposal.

https://koke.co.nz

Prices look about as sensible as an exhaust on an electric scooter, buy outright for about 50% more than a Zip.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
They were hyping the heck out of electric vehicles during the superbowl commercials.
UTC

Banned
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville

Banned
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
They were hyping the heck out of electric vehicles during the superbowl commercials.
And a Jeep electric bicycle is coming.
@miguel avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@miguel avatar
UTC quote
Zero launching a full-fairing bike. The performance characteristics will be outstanding as usual but there's nothing distinctive about the design visually that separates it from existing similar ICE bikes. But kudos to Zero. 125 mph,200 mile range, charge in an hour, US$20k, launch in March. Looks like a great bike.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/19/21144093/zero-srs-electric-motorcycle-bike-speed-mile-range-photos-price

Best Miguel
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
I think that (if we survived viruses, meteorites, earthquakes and more) in ten years we will still be here talking about electric traction vehicles in an infinite loop.
@belkwinith avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Honda CTX 700 DN Automatic Motorcycle

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@belkwinith avatar
Honda CTX 700 DN Automatic Motorcycle
UTC quote
I have seen the Harley Davidson LiveWire in person. It looks awesome.

It is extremely expensive. I cannot see me purchasing one anytime soon. But I'm sure other people have the money.

That doesn't mean I won't try it, this summer.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
Test - ME Scooter 6,0 e 2,5.

English subtitle
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
UTC quote
Miguel wrote:
Zero launching a full-fairing bike. The performance characteristics will be outstanding as usual but there's nothing distinctive about the design visually that separates it from existing similar ICE bikes. But kudos to Zero. 125 mph,200 mile range, charge in an hour, US$20k, launch in March. Looks like a great bike.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/19/21144093/zero-srs-electric-motorcycle-bike-speed-mile-range-photos-price

Best Miguel
I want this power train in my MP3.

I would even settle for half the horsepower (55 compared to the current 44).
@miguel avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@miguel avatar
UTC quote
mpfrank wrote:
Miguel wrote:

Best Miguel
I want this power train in my MP3.

I would even settle for half the horsepower (55 compared to the current 44).
I know. This is really enough power to power a small car. Add extra batteries to extend the range.
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
Miguel wrote:

Best Miguel
Impressive HP, range and charge rate for sure.
But note that the 200 mile range requires an accessory battery pack and the fast charge is also an add-on, so not for the 20K starting price.
I think their point, as regards the style, is not to be distinctive from ICE bikes, but to look just like one. Or they wouldn't have designed in the "fuel tank".
OP
@rrider avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@rrider avatar
UTC quote
Belkwinith wrote:
I have seen the Harley Davidson LiveWire in person. It looks awesome.

It is extremely expensive. I cannot see me purchasing one anytime soon. But I'm sure other people have the money.

That doesn't mean I won't try it, this summer.
I also saw one the first time recently, in a bike show. For some reason it was not allowed to sit on it ... the HD customers around me made jokes that it was because the dealer is afraid of the bike getting broken...

I'm a bit divided on the looks. I like the overall style, but I find the grey frame, rear fender and some other parts to look... well, a bit cheap perhaps. I know they are not.

But yeah, it would be really interesting to try one out. I'm going to too if I'll get a change, but just out of curiosity
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
UTC quote
RRider wrote:
I'm a bit divided on the looks. I like the overall style, but I find the grey frame, rear fender and some other parts to look... well, a bit cheap perhaps. I know they are not.
I am a bit divided on the price. $30K is more than I am likely to pay for a car, let alone a motorcycle or maxi scooter.
OP
@rrider avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@rrider avatar
UTC quote
NIU GT test by the ScooterLab magazine (UK)

https://scooterlab.uk/first-ride-niu-gt-electric-scooter-road-test/

For those commuting within cities / short distances, does not sound too bad...
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
UTC quote
Dooglas wrote:
RRider wrote:
I am a bit divided on the price. $30K is more than I am likely to pay for a car, let alone a motorcycle or maxi scooter.
What they learn from the big one they can move to the newer smaller ones.
Well wait, that may not work at Harley as they don't have smaller.
⬆️    About 1 month elapsed    ⬇️
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Sledge wrote:
Damon Hypersport = 200 mile range
https://damonxlabs.com/
Just think how good this is going to look parked next to your Elio.

https://advrider.com/damon-motorcycles-is-capturing-millennials

Damon touts that its Hypersport model delivers well over 200hp and 200nm of torque starting at zero rpm. Its top speed is a claimed 200 mph, while claimed 0-60 time is less than 3 seconds.
...highway range of 200 miles per charge ... city range of 300 miles.... full charge in 3 hours from a standard level 2 charger. If hooked up to a Level 1 DC fast charger, the bike can be fully recharged in about 40 minutes.
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
Just think how good this is going to look parked next to your Elio.
Probably a good comparison. The Elio turned out to be pretty much vaporware and pre-ordering them was a serious mistake.
The same may well be true of Damon. A thousand pre-orders? What is it with pre-orders? Either the company can produce a thousand bikes or they can't. Let's see.
⬆️    About 1 month elapsed    ⬇️
@sledge avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300 HPE

Ossessionato
@sledge avatar
GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
Enclosed electric leaning trike.
https://akotrike.com/
UTC

Addicted
BV 350

Addicted
BV 350
UTC quote
Not
Not a scooter, per se, but a conversion motor that provides scooter-like performance on a bicycle:

https://electrek.co/2020/05/19/5000w-electric-bike-conversion-motor-yes-its-real-and-its-spectacular/

Need to think about how to graft one of these onto a scooter to make it a hybrid. An extra 7HP might come in handy from time to time. Would more than double the power of your 50cc scoot. Not to mention cruising home quietly late at night if your exhaust is a little raucus.
⬆️    About 5 months elapsed    ⬇️
OP
@rrider avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@rrider avatar
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
UTC quote
Yeah but it's a startup, which is a concern. Outside of that if you have. large property or lots of off-road trails I'd be interested. The price point doesn't bother me I'd expect to pay that for an electric bike that delivers that much HP, top speed and range. No way that it would replace any of my current bikes though and would have to be a somewhat expensive toy. Or at least until it matters and offers storage and tires that don't look like they could float.

Sort of reminds me of a Rukus...

When it comes down to actual "motorbikes" in production I'd have to say the C Evolution is still my pick but hopefully we see more real contenders soon. The The LiveWire sort of flopped but it shows promise for what others can do.

Face it... it's about performance at least for me. Even a big motorcycle is cheap to run petrol wise when it comes to a car so in an electric motorbike I want performance and man that is possible in spades with an electric motor. Give me that thrown of the back of your seat feeling and 0-60 times that will blow your mind at a reasonably affordable price and I might be in.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.3857s ][ Queries: 44 (0.2824s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]