Seat for VGL1T/VB1T
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
Author Message
Lurker
VGL1T
Joined: 28 Nov 2018
Posts: 1
Location: Denmark
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:46 am quote
Hi there.

I'm restoring a VGL1T from 1958.

For now, i have done the things below
- Installed a Pinasco "Flytech" ignition: https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/products/ignition+pinasco+flytech+_25356836

- And a Pinasco crankshaft: https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/products/racing+crankshaft+pinasco+_46006200

I hope to make some more upgrades as i go!

my question, is it possible to put a long seat on it - as on the GS150, without cutting the frame stuts?

Can anyone help me or have any idea of how i can get a bench seat to fit the VGL1T/VB1T frame?

Best regards
Tammes

IMG_20181024_223556.jpg

Addicted
Joined: 03 Nov 2011
Posts: 897
Location: Racing Capital of the World
Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:27 pm quote
Tammes wrote:
Hi there.

I'm restoring a VGL1T from 1958.

For now, i have done the things below
- Installed a Pinasco "Flytech" ignition: https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/products/ignition+pinasco+flytech+_25356836

- And a Pinasco crankshaft: https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/products/racing+crankshaft+pinasco+_46006200

I hope to make some more upgrades as i go!

my question, is it possible to put a long seat on it - as on the GS150, without cutting the frame stuts?

Can anyone help me or have any idea of how i can get a bench seat to fit the VGL1T/VB1T frame?

Best regards
Tammes
If you change out the seat to a bench seat, how would you ever choke the carb?
Hooked
59" Allstate
Joined: 03 Aug 2018
Posts: 104
Location: TC Florida
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:45 am quote
GickSpeed wrote:
Tammes wrote:
Hi there.

I'm restoring a VGL1T from 1958.

For now, i have done the things below
- Installed a Pinasco "Flytech" ignition: https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/products/ignition+pinasco+flytech+_25356836

- And a Pinasco crankshaft: https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/products/racing+crankshaft+pinasco+_46006200

I hope to make some more upgrades as i go!

my question, is it possible to put a long seat on it - as on the GS150, without cutting the frame stuts?

Can anyone help me or have any idea of how i can get a bench seat to fit the VGL1T/VB1T frame?

Best regards
Tammes
If you change out the seat to a bench seat, how would you ever choke the carb?
With some imagination I don't think it would be too difficult to come up with solution for a choke pull. Maybe as easy as routing the existing cable to a new location with a simple pull knob. I guess it depends on how bad he wants a sport seat.
Addicted
Joined: 03 Nov 2011
Posts: 897
Location: Racing Capital of the World
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:01 am quote
FatAmy wrote:
GickSpeed wrote:
Tammes wrote:
Hi there.

I'm restoring a VGL1T from 1958.

For now, i have done the things below
- Installed a Pinasco "Flytech" ignition: https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/products/ignition+pinasco+flytech+_25356836

- And a Pinasco crankshaft: https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/products/racing+crankshaft+pinasco+_46006200

I hope to make some more upgrades as i go!

my question, is it possible to put a long seat on it - as on the GS150, without cutting the frame stuts?

Can anyone help me or have any idea of how i can get a bench seat to fit the VGL1T/VB1T frame?

Best regards
Tammes
If you change out the seat to a bench seat, how would you ever choke the carb?
With some imagination I don't think it would be too difficult to come up with solution for a choke pull. Maybe as easy as routing the existing cable to a new location with a simple pull knob. I guess it depends on how bad he wants a sport seat.
GS 150.
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
[ Time: 0.3023s ][ Queries: 25 (0.1096s) ][ Debug on ]