"Hey! They're only scooters"
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Molto Verboso
'95 Yamaha Riva 125- '05 Piaggio BV200-'05 Honda Reflex-'08 Honda Metropolitan
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:53 am quote
I've been winterizing our four scooters the past two mornings. I really do go overboard but the results have paid off- never a problem in the Spring and the scooters look showroom new...

My neighbor comes by while I had the garage door open to let the exhaust fumes out and he gives me that line.... "Hey! they're only scooters". WTF?
This from a yuppie dude that had a Harley but recently sold it after putting 18 miles on it over three years.....that's not a typo. He even bragged about that feat.

I just joked and said "yeah, but they're MY scooters- you know how I take care of everything".

Anyone else ever told that their two wheeled vehicles don't "measure up"?

Could have been just mutual joking but I sensed a bit more by the tone. Maybe he regrets selling his bike. That macho imagine tarnished...

Bob
Ossessionato
BV350, Yamaha Zuma 125, Yamaha FZ6, Toro 3521
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:14 am quote
Show him how many miles you have on your scooters!
Hooked
Bv350, aprillia scarabeo light. 500.
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:40 am quote
When we were still riding bmw, we were parked outside a restaurant in daytona whena harley couple on abike with a few hundred miles on it parked next to us. After a few minutes the lady commented to my wife that her bmw could use a wash. My wife told her she did not have time since we just got back from oregon with a stop in ohio on the return trip. She just turned around and walked away. It was a nice hd, neverbeen in the rain.!
Ossessionato
Kymco Like 200i (Sold)
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:48 am quote
18 miles in 3 years. I did that within 15 minutes of riding my Harley off the showroom floor.

Just know his comment is your claim to fame. I bet others know you as the guy with many scooters. Not a bad thing in my book.
Addicted
GTS 300
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:01 pm quote
Don't let your neighbor get you down. For many people, their PTW's are toys, or lifestyle accessories. They will never understand those of us who just want to ride. Different strokes for different folks.
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2357s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0452s) ][ Debug on ]