2019 GTS where the crap is the alarm connector?
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
VBB1, GTS, Buddy Kick 125
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:13 pm quote
Ok, pulled off knee pad and popped out the knock out panel. Looking back in there and I don't see an open connector of any type. Where could it be hiding? I did get a fob with the bike, but was told it was just for opening the seat and flashing the lights, which it does, but then has 2 buttons that don't do anything that I can tell. Is there a chance the Touring Edition actually came with an alarm?

Also, there is a rubber band back in there, around a peg on the steering column. This bike was ostensibly brand new, what would the factory have done using a rubber band? Is that normal? Can't tell what it's connected to....pic of rubber band attached.

Last edited by bionicrocky on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Enthusiast
2019 Primavera 150 Touring
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:55 pm quote
The bike does not come with an alarm. I believe that is a separate purchase.
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:15 pm quote
David Ordaz wrote:
The bike does not come with an alarm. I believe that is a separate purchase.
OK, thanks, didn't think it would, but with the fob and the lack of a connector of any sort I wanted to make sure!
Molto Verboso
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'
Location: Not really sure but I think somewhere in the engineering dept, Britishland, nr Urop
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:30 am quote
As mentioned, no alarm. Don't know where the connector is on the 2019 model year. Speak with your dealer to confirm that. The rubber band acts as the spring for the glove box release lever. It's the thing that you are pushing against when you push in on the ignition switch to release the glove box.

Hope you like your bike. The touring is very much the ultimate midsize tourer for me and just looks fantastic! Enjoy!
Molto Verboso
2018 Vespa GTS 300 ABS- Bianco
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:29 am quote
Robot of Scooterwest does a video which shows you which wire to connect up one of their light kits behind the left shoulder. They use a crimp-on connector with spade plug in. These are commonly available as an automotive hardware item. I preferred a direct to battery connection for my power outlets.
For my left shoulder power source I ran a wire off the battery with an inline fuse under the battery cover, then headed it to the lower side of the right leg shield. Shining a light downward from the right indicator hole toward the battery compartment will show the way.
My wire runs upwards to level of the horn area then across and behind the horn then turns upward to the left shoulder area. I split the positive side as I was connecting both a powerlet and a dual USB port there. The ground (also split) is available as you choose from various points. I use the 3BRPwersports, red band, GPS power cable , 18" long to my GPS in a ram mount directly above the shoulder and via the USB which also powers a phone charger,etc... My electric jacket plugs into the Powerlet DIN/Hella outlet.
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:06 am quote
Further detail I should have added - it is the actual alarm connector I need, I'm wanting to install the Vespa Multimedia Platform. It's supposed to connect to an "alarm connector". Scooter West has the splitter cable for it as well for adding more devices down the road (I'd like to do an actual alarm down the road). Steve talks in one of the videos about it sometimes slipping around and being hard to find, but for the life of me I can't find it.
Molto Verboso
Location: Not really sure but I think somewhere in the engineering dept, Britishland, nr Urop
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:57 am quote
Yeah, electrically, I've been told the 2019's are different in that left knee pad area. It's a dealer question as none of us likely has the 2019 model year yet to have done any real looking around. You could be our guide!!
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:38 am quote
Stromrider wrote:
Yeah, electrically, I've been told the 2019's are different in that left knee pad area. It's a dealer question as none of us likely has the 2019 model year yet to have done any real looking around. You could be our guide!!
Roger that! Will report findings! Really want that VMP installed, so hoping it is easy!
Sponsor
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:38 pm quote
the accessory plug is behind the front shield,

Image1.jpg

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:02 pm quote
AF1 Racing wrote:
the accessory plug is behind the front shield,
Thanks! For reference, is that picture taken toward the front of the scooter with the horn cover off, or do I need to take the glovebox off to get to it? Just not sure what I'm looking at there.... Thanks again!
Molto Verboso
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:22 am quote
That's the front of the bike with the centre plastic shield removed. It houses the bikes horn, and surrounding area. You don't have to remove the glovebox.
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2599s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0451s) ][ Debug on ]