OP
UTC

99 PX125e

99 PX125e
UTC quote
Almost there with the PX rebuild now... and thinking that fitting an old-school cool VBB type stop/tail to my PX would tidy-up the back end! Nice idea, but not so with the wiring...

Any ideas?

First pic is of the standard (plastic bodied) PX light assembly, clearly showing an earth connection between the stop and tail bulb holders, which is itself connected to the incoming earth wire.

I followed a similar principle with the old-school (metal bodied) light assembly - second pic, but once connected, the following happens:

Without fastening the assembly to the mudguard, the stop and tail bulbs illuminate correctly, however they will not work together (ie. applying brake, with the side lights on).

When the assembly is fastened to the mudguard, nothing illuminates.

Has anyone done a similar mod to their PX, or is anyone able to advise? I'm property stuck!

Again and as always, any assistance very much appreciated.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

Jet Eye Master
PX221 MHR, O tuned PX200, PX181 Quattrini and some motorbikes

Jet Eye Master
PX221 MHR, O tuned PX200, PX181 Quattrini and some motorbikes
UTC quote
A few years ago I brought a P200 with a VBB light already on. First thing I did was put the VBB light in the rubbish and fit a proper PX one again Razz emoticon IMHO suits a VBB but ugly on a PX.
OP
UTC

99 PX125e

99 PX125e
UTC quote
Just fancied something different from the standard set-up.

Not sure what's happening with the wiring however... the only real difference is that one has a plastic body and the other metal - earthing has to be the culprit, but where I have no idea.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0355s ][ Queries: 7 (0.0108s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]