Android App for Modern Vespa
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
VBB1, GTS, Buddy Kick 125
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:41 am quote
Hey folks, I tried a few form reading apps for Android and haven't had any success. Does anyone have an app suggestion to make the forums more readable? It is pretty hard (though worth it) to read and navigate with Chrome on my Pixel 2 XL.

TIA!
Ossessionato
LX150, GTS300, BV350, EN650
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:44 am quote
Sorry, just iPhone experience for the past seven years.

MV displays surprisingly well on an iPhone/IOS system.
Ossessionato
2017 Vespa GTV 300, 2017 BMW C650GT
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:49 am quote
You best bet is to try out Firefox or Opera for Android.

https://www.opera.com/mobile/operabrowser

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mozilla.firefox&hl=en
Molto Verboso
'07 GTS 250 - sold :(
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:29 am quote
Yes, get Firefox or Opera, then get a User Agent add-on.

Usually the mobile-optimised layout of ModernVespa only displays when browsing from an iPhone.

Other devices and browsers just see the desktop view of the site.

But you can force the site to display the compact mode. On Android, in Firefox, go to Add-ons and search for "user agent". There's a few to choose from, User-Agent Switcher works for me. With that installed, set it to iPhone. Then you can view MV in compact mode.

You can do the same workaround with Opera. But I don't think you can on Chrome mobile, as last time I checked, it doesn't allow extensions.

MV-compact-view.jpg
compact view

VBB1, GTS, Buddy Kick 125
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:04 pm quote
Ironfoot wrote:
Yes, get Firefox or Opera, then get a User Agent add-on.

Usually the mobile-optimised layout of ModernVespa only displays when browsing from an iPhone.

Other devices and browsers just see the desktop view of the site.

But you can force the site to display the compact mode. On Android, in Firefox, go to Add-ons and search for "user agent". There's a few to choose from, User-Agent Switcher works for me. With that installed, set it to iPhone. Then you can view MV in compact mode.

You can do the same workaround with Opera. But I don't think you can on Chrome mobile, as last time I checked, it doesn't allow extensions.
You, my friend, are the man! I'm a network/wireless engineer, I just plumb the tubes- this browser wizardry is strong!
Ossessionato
Vespa GTS 'Ruby Roo'
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:15 pm quote
I also like using Opera to view MV. The text wrap function mean that when you zoom, the width of the paragraphs will be automatically adjusted to fit your screen.
2019 Spring Gathering - May 16 - 19, Location TBD (Likely Maggie Valley, NC)   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2469s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0517s) ][ Debug on ]