Promotional sale from Dr.Pulley
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion 12Next
Hooked
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:50 am quote
2019 Spring Announcement !!
Dr.Pulley® Black Pearl Roller

Black Pearl Roller promotional SALE!
Dr.Pulley® is going to publish a new material for weight roller (RR & SR) in Spring 2019! This innovative material (BPr3N-EX) has extraordinary characteristics of
• HIGH service temperature up to 356°F (or 180°C)
• HIGH dimensional stability
• LOW friction coefficient
• LONG service life

Black Pearl is the material especially formulated for high-end scooter makers, and will ONLY be available in OEM parts sales channel before 3rd quarter of 2019. But, the good news is that, we do prepare several sizes for our old and new friends to try it NOW! (So you don’t have to wait until the 3rd quarter of….)

The sizes and prices information will be here next week…

===========================================================
Agent Cancellation in Germany

The business between us, Dr.Pulley®, and Mr. Dirk Diestel (in Germany) has been terminated in the end of 2018. Starting from January 1st, 2019, we will not provide any Dr.Pulley® products to Mr. Dirk Diestel nor his own shop Dr.Pulley Scooter Tuning Shop (www.drpulley.info).

Please be aware! The German online shop www.drpulley.info is NOT Dr.Pulley®. We will not be responsible for any comments over there.

If you’d like to purchase Dr.Pulley® products in Europe, please check the agents below,
-- SIP Scooter Shop ( www.sip-scootershop.com )
-- Maksor-scooterparts.com ( www.maksor-scooterparts.com )
We will strive to expand our agent network in the Europe and worldwide, and update the agent information on our website www.drpulley.NET

Thanks again for your support to Dr.Pulley®.
Ossessionato
2009 GTV250, 2003 Inder trailer, 2001 BMW R1100RT
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:47 pm quote
Who are the authorized Dr. Pulley dealers that will have these. Thanks. Miguel
Hooked
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:14 am quote
Through the website of www.Dr.Pulley.net or www.unionmaterial.com you'll find the authorized agents or dealers, thanks.
Molto Verboso
2018 Vespa GTS 300 ABS- Bianco
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:45 am quote
I got a non active Dr pulley page and a Bob's blog with no parts info.???

Check your links?

Kind of weird?

Dr.Pulley posts direct links for Euro customers on a USA Vespa forum website, yet we in USA have to hunt for a sales source? Not a very Promotional approach IMO.
Hooked
Piaggio MP3 250, BigBeo
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:17 am quote
More: using flash for simple links on a site? Why?! Flash is obsolete.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Typhoon 125
Molto Verboso
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:20 am quote
thanks but no black pearl?
Hooked
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:38 am quote
About the Black Pearl Roller,its sizes and prices information will be here next week,thanks for your interesting.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:39 am quote
Do you think the Black Pearl is in danger from pirates?
Ossessionato
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold)
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:19 pm quote
Re: Promotional sale from Dr.Pulley
Dr.Pulley wrote:
About the Black Pearl Roller,its sizes and prices information will be here next week,thanks for your interesting.
Sure I'll try some 1917/6 8.5
Ossessionato
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:23 pm quote
Kantuckid wrote:
Dr.Pulley posts direct links for Euro customers on a USA Vespa forum website, yet we in USA have to hunt for a sales source? Not a very Promotional approach IMO.
Maybe like J Costa there is no direct US dealer/distributor and like the rest of the world most items are bought on-line.

Worried about shipping costs? Buy two sets? Just as when buying any variator you would buy an extra set of replacement weights?
Ossessionato
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:22 pm quote
Scooterwest has Dr pulley but don't know about black pearl or if they are authorized dealer

Miguel
Ossessionato
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:40 pm quote
I suspect that the black material will be, as has been stated, OEM only as likely it will be a bit more resilient and last a tad bit longer.

It might be the same stuff that Autisa uses. That is a darker colour? We don't need to get hung up on names or references to natural materials.

As long as the weights last as long as a belt, whatever material they are, will be OK by me.

What is more of a concern to me but I don't market the weights is the wealth of info that is/was on the German site. Not perfect and not all inclusive but....better than nothing. Hoping that remains. What about our Benelux MV member?

I'm still a J. Costa ( or the alternative) man but.... Their weights are now darker.
Hooked
BV350 ABS
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:36 am quote
I was intrigued when I read this announcement, because I've wanted to get some sliding rolls for The Beav for 2019, but neither Union Material nor any US distributor officially carries the 25x16 series, just the German distributor.

So, I did some quick research, and I can't tell who owns the Dr. Pulley brand.

The German R&D and marketing group (presumably run by Dirk Diestel) either contracted with Union Material LTD in Taiwan to manufacture sliders and weights dating back to ~2006 or earlier.

(2006 was the first mention of Union Material + Dr. Pulley in the Aprilia fora, and a WHOIS lookup dates the Union Material domain back to mid-2005.)

Or, Union Material owns the brand out of Taiwan, and the Germans were merely licensing and supply customers (which is how I read the OP's announcement).

They've broken up, per the OP's announcement. Either Dr. Pulley Germany has brokered new manufacturing in Asia, or Union Material is terminating their supply agreement for whatever reason.

Also, I was on the phone with Scooterwest last week (placing an order for more winter parts for The Beav) and asked them about this split. They said that this was the first they've heard about it, and that Robot (he officially handles non-OEM tuning parts selection for them, not just on YouTube) would look into it and they'd get back to me with what they learn.

I just want sliders for my BV350 here in the US, from a company that will stand behind the product and continues to do R&D.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:43 am quote
It's a $50 set of sliders, what is there to stand behind, they work? You're not talking about a new scooter with moving parts.
Hooked
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:52 am quote
Kantuckid wrote:
I got a non active Dr pulley page and a Bob's blog with no parts info.???

Check your links?

Kind of weird?

Hi,Kantuckid, please visit www.drpulley.net then you'll find it.
Molto Verboso
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:24 am quote
I get the same thing I did before I said anything here-just a homepage and nothing else?
Hooked
BV350 ABS
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:07 am quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
It's a $50 set of sliders, what is there to stand behind, they work? You're not talking about a new scooter with moving parts.
I guess you can look at it that way, WEB-Tech.

But my concern is who has the expertise in the use/application of the parts -- the former German distributor, or the Taiwanese manufacturer?

And yes, it's a $50 part, but a heart valve doesn't cost much to make either, right?

Regardless, I put in a call to PartsForScooters.com down in FL (listed as a US distributor), to ask about the brand owner, as well as the availability of 25x16 sliders here in the US -- Motovista/ScooterPartsCo had asked about interest in having these available in their storefront HERE on MV back in 2017, but they never materialized, I guess.

PartsForScooters said they'll look into it and get back to me.
Molto Verboso
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:13 am quote
The web-tech question was spot on. Lets hear WHY? we should have interest in the black pearl rollers???
Dr. pulley owes us some info so we know what advantage, performance enhancement, etc., they might offer to us.
The Germans might have used them and know from experience how they pan out but typically a mfg. has some idea why they made a product and so on, it's not real complicated? until it is...
Ossessionato
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:23 am quote
Hey Pulley, I've clicked on your link above twice. It continues to bring me to the same page that has no info on it and no hyperlinks to anything. I posted a picture of the page below. I'm lost. Please help.

Best
Miguel

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 8.19.37 AM.png
I don't see any hyperlinks on this DrPulley.net page no matter where I click on it.

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:30 am quote
Miguel enable flash for the page. Works fine for me.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:33 am quote
Kantuckid wrote:
The web-tech question was spot on. Lets hear WHY? we should have interest in the black pearl rollers???
He said harder material.. I'll take them for their word, I love the sliders in my MP3 500.
If you don't have them you don't understand
Molto Verboso
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:44 am quote
This thread so far is a waste, start to present...
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:19 am quote
Kantuckid wrote:
He was making an announcement. You haven't been here long but, Dr Pulley and is respected by old members as providing us pre release info.

If you don't like it don't click on the post.

He did state clearly, "About the Black Pearl Roller,its sizes and prices information will be here next week,thanks for your interesting."

It is Monday so still this week as far as I understand it.
Ossessionato
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:45 pm quote
Minister of Etc wrote:
So, I did some quick research, and I can't tell who owns the Dr. Pulley brand.

Why would we be interested in who owns what?

As has been said they are inexpensive brass and plastic bits. Mine cost $26 delivered to my place of work.

I could have bought generic Chinese/Japanese/Taiwanese weights but Dr Pulley are a different shape so I thought I would try some. Should be noted that almost every motorcycle shop in Bangkok has Dr. Pulley-esque looking weights on offer.

As far as I can tell there is a new black plastic that will be used by Dr. Pulley for their OEM weights. They are offering to sell us some before they become OEM only. Then maybe we can buy them from Piaggio.

As for who stocks the bigger , less common sizes well that is a global problem. It is called supply and demand. No demand, no supply. Which is why we all end up with volumes of mediocre Walmart tat.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:16 pm quote
Dr pulley offers BOTH rollers and sliders. I have used both in different scooters. I use the sliders in my Mp3 with most excellent results. Very very very little wear. So little I have 30k miles on them and still they are fine. The rollers I use in my sport city 250 and so far have the same results in 6k miles of nothing but hard running scbr and they are still excellent.
So to me they are a proven product already. I just want to know what the differences are between the new material and what they currently use and benefits of them.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:31 pm quote
Isn’t that a clutch?

Hooked
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:36 am quote
Did you use Safari?? If so, we do have a bit problem with that browser now. You may try to use Google Chrome and it shall work fine. Thank you...
Hooked
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:37 am quote
Dr.Pulley Black Pearl Roller special promotional SALE!
(Standard shipping included**)
Black Pearl Roller USD/set
SR sliding roller
18x14, 20x12(6pcs) 23.98
19x15, 19x17, 20x15, 20x17, 21x17 26.98
23x18 29.98
20x12(8pcs), 25x15, 25x17, 25x19, 25x20, 25x22, 26x13 33.98
28x20, 29x22, 30x15, 30x18, 30x19 39.98
Thanks for waiting!
The promotion sale will start NOW !!
The sizes available are as above and most common weights are available while
it lasts. If you are interested in getting the Dr.Pulley Black Pearl sliding
roller at such a great price, send us an email now!
*Promotion period: NOW~ Mar. 31th, 2019.
**Applicable free-delivery countries: USA, Canada and most European countries
(Email us if you are not sure whether you are eligible for getting free shipping, or
are interested in upgrade to express delivery.)
UNION MATERIAL CO., LTD. (Dr.Pulley)
WEB: www.drpulley.net & www.unionmaterial.com
service@unionmaterial.com or service3@unionmaterial.com
TEL: +886-37-473473
FAX: +886-37-463143
Ossessionato
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:47 am quote
email sent to service @
Molto Verboso
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:18 am quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
Kantuckid wrote:
He was making an announcement. You haven't been here long but, Dr Pulley and is respected by old members as providing us pre release info.

He did state clearly, "About the Black Pearl Roller,its sizes and prices information will be here next week,thanks for your interesting."

I know an announcement when I see one.

I have patience as well, perhaps more than some who "click on".

How long I have been here has not much to do with my asking WHAT was different , better advantageous, about the Black pearl rollers.

This week, next week, next year, let me hear something in the form of basic information about the part and how it's better than the previous product.
WEB-tech-
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:25 am quote
Kantuckid wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Kantuckid wrote:

I know an announcement when I see one.

I have patience as well, perhaps more than some who "click on".

How long I have been here has not much to do with my asking WHAT was different , better advantageous, about the Black pearl rollers.

This week, next week, next year, let me hear something in the form of basic information about the part and how it's better than the previous product.
WEB-tech-
And people wonder why vendors don't hang out on websites trying to be nice. Someone always has to bitch about something. He was giving us a heads up on a offer that won't be available later to us. We can buy them from the OEM manufacture at a higher price later I am sure, but he is trying to throw us a bone and someone has to complain., which just discourages them from stepping up in the future.

There $25 try them if you don;t like them sell them, someone will buy them.
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:33 am quote
Dr.Pulley wrote:
Did you use Safari?? If so, we do have a bit problem with that browser now. You may try to use Google Chrome and it shall work fine. Thank you...
I use Chrome, with the same poor result. Your site uses 'Flash' - which has long been deprecated, and even Chrome users have to change a setting on a site-specific basis in order to view it. Many won't be bothered or will refuse to do so.

Sadly, the use of old buggy technology on your website does not inspire particular confidence in the rest of your company's technical abilities.

Best advice, update your website!
Molto Verboso
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:46 am quote
My negative statement was that to be offered a deal on an unknown, new item is not a deal at all. No, I do not look for reasons to bitch as you suggest.
If that discourages a vendor maybe more information would help avoid such complaints. Yes, I read post #1 of the 34 to date. It states 4 characteristics that don't tell me how it compares to what they already sell which has been widely discussed. BTW, ot one of those 4 says "harder" material.

In the couple of years I've been on here and owned a Vespa I have read many, many Dr Pulley threads and have no idea why you, WEB-tech would suggest being new makes for lack of logic other than "your busy being your delightful self"?

I'm neither looking for an argument not wanting to continue my complaint but I don't lack backbone to defend a legitimate complaint. Again I'll say, my original hope was to learn something about a new product.

We have been encouraged to look at a website than I cannot see via Mozilla Firefox. I tried to open the link on Explorer and no luck there. That's how simple it is for me in my ignorance, as I'm certainly not a web expert by any measure.
Ossessionato
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:50 pm quote
I have visited Union Material website many times over the years. There is something wrong at present but it was never marketing based. It was more of a manufacturer's type website with weights and dimensions etc..

The 10-15% lighter stuff was never on there to my knowledge. But this seems to now be common knowledge even here in Indonesia.

Add to that that CVT is a simple concept but not easy to optimize to suit everyone.

Not sure the black plastic is a "new" product as such. Just an improvement on the existing one.

I'm happy to buy a set.
Hooked
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:30 pm quote
Price of Dr.Pulley black pearl roller for promotion sale.

Price & Roller type of Dr.Pulley ,promotional sale.pdf
 Description:
price of Black Pearl Roller for promotion sale

Download
 Filename:  Price & Roller type of Dr.Pulley ,promotional sale.pdf
 Filesize:  283.39 KB

Hooked
2007 Vespa 250 GTS
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:17 am quote
Houston, we now have prices. So which ones are recommeded for a Gts 250 that is already very fast! And how much for shipping to USA?
Tony in Tn (who cannot withstand more than 5g)
Addicted
2010 Vespa 300 Super
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:33 am quote
Quote:
I use Chrome, with the same poor result. Your site uses 'Flash' - which has long been deprecated, and even Chrome users have to change a setting on a site-specific basis in order to view it. Many won't be bothered or will refuse to do so.

Sadly, the use of old buggy technology on your website does not inspire particular confidence in the rest of your company's technical abilities.
Best advice, update your website!
Well I am using Chrome on a Mac, & it works, I had to allow Chrome to run Flash on that page but it works thereafter.
Also I don't think it is fair to judge any business or person in general. If you don't wish to use a product/service that is your prerogative, but if you are going to judge a product/service based on how their website works or maybe they don't have a website even then you may want to rethink how you come to make decisions.
As I see it, someone volunteered information about some product/service, we the consumers can do our due diligence whatever means we choose to use like peer review etc and then decide if wish to buy the product/service. But it is all voluntary, nobody is holding a gun to our head.
My hope you may think differently.
Have a wonderful new year in the meantime. [/quote]
Lurker
Vespa GTS300
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:01 pm quote
Black Pearl

IMG-20190819-WA0009.jpg
Black Pearl

Ossessionato
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:45 pm quote
Missouri Loves Company Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion 12Next
[ Time: 0.2730s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0611s) ][ Debug on ]