MP3 Yourban 300 Muffler/Exhaust
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Lurker
Piaggio MP3 Yourban 300
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:22 pm quote
Hi there, Iím a new MP3 convert after recently purchasing a 2011 MP3 Yourban 300. I got a good deal and the bike is running well with 15,000km on the clock.

The one problem is that there is a good deal of corrosion on the muffler and suspension springs. I picked up a complete second hand original piaggio yourban exhaust assembly on ebay which is in really good condition, I think from 2017/2018.

This new muffler is euro 4 compliant whereas my yourban is euro 3. My question is can I install the euro 4 muffler without any problems? I presume that the catalytic converter in the new muffler is different to the original (2011 one). I intend to use the original exhaust manifold/lambda sensor so will only change the muffler. I would really be grateful of anyone can share their expertise here!
Ossessionato
Gilera Fuoco 500ie
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:28 am quote
yes but the exhaust isn't euro 4 the engine is euro 4 exhaust is tthe same
Ossessionato
LXV 150 Midnight Blue (SOLD)
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:54 am quote
So if read this correctly the lamda sensor is upstream of the silencer/muffler so it will still control the fuel system the same as before as it doesn't know or care what is happening downstream. The engine management system is still Euro 3 compliant.

The muffler is designed to operate at Euro 4 levels but your bike year only requires the Euro 3 level it was built with?

So in theory the muffler will work at better than euro 3 ? Given the same input gas stream as before.

Just bung it on and ride or am i missing something.
Lurker
Piaggio MP3 Yourban 300
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:17 am quote
Thanks for the responses. What I'm worried about is the catalytic converter which will be different in the euro 3 vs euro 4 model. It may make no difference but the gas flow rate may be different between the two as euro 4 is more stringent than euro 3 and therefore more chemical reactions have to happen to reduce harmful emissions as the gases move through the muffler.

If the gas flow rate of exhaust through the catalyst is different (between euro 3 and euro 4 muffler) then my worry is that it will impact engine/performance due to increased pressure in the manifold(where the lambda sensor is).

I may be worrying about nothing here but thought that I'd put the question out there!
Enthusiast
MP3 500 LT " Matilda"
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:52 am quote
Yourban exhaust!
Don't worry about it. Put it on. It's just as good if not better than your old one. I should know. I'm a Grease Monkey .
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.4130s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0681s) ][ Debug on ]