My dumb move....
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Addicted
2018 LIBERTY 150S
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:33 am quote
Geared up for a 37`F ride at 6 AM today. (pitch dark for another 1.5 hrs)

Checked the oil, started it and rolled out the LIKE200i. "Feels like a brake may be lightly dragging..."**
(for those, like me, who refuse to read through long posts: What I did wrong was not put weight on rear tire to check its shape before riding off. Brakes weren't dragging - tire was going flat!)

A mile and a half later I make a turn into a church lot to check things. Rear wobbled big time when I made the turn.
"Shoot. I know what that is - had it 4 years ago on the Forza - rear is going flat!"
I carry a plug and air kit in ea. scoot. The LIKE200i has the Stop & Go plug kit, and a Slime air pump.
Too cold and dark to mess with it here - esp. since I notice my R Gerbing heated glove has quit again!.
Ride slowly home, by His Grace no cars closed on me on this 50MPH State Rt.

Several videos show how to use this plug kit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtphCgcnDVs
The screw was in the center of my Michelin rear tire.

Remove screw.
Ream hole.
Insert pointy bit w/shank.
Unscrew & leave in shank.
Insert plug in gun tip. Lube lightly.
Screw gun and shank together.
Pump handle to push plug through shank and tire until no more movement.
Pull out the tool.
Pull an inch or two on plug to insure seating.
Trim it off and air it up.

[i]"Your father's brother is your uncle!"

The Slime pump aired tire quickly. (comes with cigar lighter, battery tender, and alligator connections for every kind of voltage hook up; plus pressure gauge pen)

Took longer to read instructions than to fix the tire. See no leaks, will check again in a few hours.

https://www.amazon.com/Stop-Go-1075-Standard-Plugger/dp/B0018EUDHW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1546870426&sr=8-3&keywords=stop+and+go+tire+repair+kit

O.S.

[/i]
Ossessionato
09 190s taormina
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:39 pm quote
I'm a Stop & Go believer as well. Have a no-spare car and have used it 3 times already. Easy to install. Permanent repair. 15k miles on one repair with no leaks.
Ossessionato
2013 Hodna NC700XD
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:53 pm quote
I use the sticky strings to repair on the road emergencies. Similar to the Stop and go kit just a little messier with the glue and the cutting the excess string off. Might look into the Stop and Go kit.

I have the same model Slime compressor, it has saved my bacon a few times on the road when I had a flat tire due to screws in the tire. I'll never leave home without a tire repair kit.
None yet
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:21 pm quote
Thanks for that write-up! Very informative. Do I understand the process correctly? Do you remove the battery to run the compressor?
Addicted
2018 LIBERTY 150S
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:48 pm quote
WiscScoot wrote:
Thanks for that write-up! Very informative. Do I understand the process correctly? Do you remove the battery to run the compressor?
No, leads are long enough to reach most batteries in a scooter.
And there is also a lead to attach to a battery tender.
I just happen to have two healthy Yuasa batteries on the shelf.
Several hours later .....the plug seems to have fixed the leak.

O.S.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:49 am quote
Strick wrote:
I use the sticky strings to repair on the road emergencies. Similar to the Stop and go kit just a little messier with the glue and the cutting the excess string off. Might look into the Stop and Go kit.

I have the same model Slime compressor, it has saved my bacon a few times on the road when I had a flat tire due to screws in the tire. I'll never leave home without a tire repair kit.
If you want to use plugs, make use you don't use slime, they don't work together. My string plugs would leak if I had slime in the tires on my ATVs when I plugged them.
Ossessionato
2013 Hodna NC700XD
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:13 pm quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
Strick wrote:

If you want to use plugs, make use you don't use slime, they don't work together. My string plugs would leak if I had slime in the tires on my ATVs when I plugged them.
Thanks for the heads up WEB-Tech. That's good to know. Fortunately, I don't use slime in my tires.
Missouri Loves Company Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2561s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0459s) ][ Debug on ]