OP
UTC

Et2 lx50 genuine stella 150 90

UTC quote
I have had these scooters in dry storage and only run them in the summer months.
Both bikes have the same issues.
Never start and run when cold unless I remove the intake hose and block it with my hand to simulate choke and it will start.
I've drained fuel removed hoses and inspected all intakes for leaks,swapped carbs,sprayed wd40 looking for vacuum issues.
Plug is new.
I have the auto enriched choke with a plastic screw type base that is causing concerns. Springs o ring plunger all look like new.
It heats up and the plunger moves,but the bike still is hard to start will not idle and needs to be warmed up to even get out of the lot. Pumping throttle bogs the engine down.
Low mileage no carbon, carb looks spotless inside and no signs of shellac or contaminated fuel.
I by passed the fuel tank and same issue.
All jets cleaned with carb cleaner wire and air.
Question
Could the auto choke cause this issue if it wasn't adjusted Correctly
My lawnboy runs great and it sits outside all year
OP
UTC

UTC quote
Vespa
Test
@berto avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200

Molto Verboso
@berto avatar
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200
UTC quote
How many miles on the bikes?
OP
UTC

UTC quote
The lx has 3600 miles
@northernerbill avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
lx 50

Molto Verboso
@northernerbill avatar
lx 50
UTC quote
I'd start by adjusting the throttle needle 1 notch richer.

I'd also double check the mixture screw, wind it all the way in......but can't remember what the stock wind is 1.5 turns out??

Do you know what size your main jet is? Think the oldest LX where 58 and they increased it to 63 later. Although you are sure it's clean for pennies might be worth getting a couple at say 63 and 65 even 68 to try.

My old LX would start on the button every day IF used every day.
Leave it for a week and it wouldn't. I used to squirt carb cleaner in and boom it would come back to life and work properly till the next long break.
@franknbrew avatar
UTC

Addicted
2006 LX 50

Addicted
@franknbrew avatar
2006 LX 50
UTC quote
northernerbill wrote:
I'd start by adjusting the throttle needle 1 notch richer.

I'd also double check the mixture screw, wind it all the way in......but can't remember what the stock wind is 1.5 turns out??

Do you know what size your main jet is? Think the oldest LX where 58 and they increased it to 63 later. Although you are sure it's clean for pennies might be worth getting a couple at say 63 and 65 even 68 to try.

My old LX would start on the button every day IF used every day.
Leave it for a week and it wouldn't. I used to squirt carb cleaner in and boom it would come back to life and work properly till the next long break.
I believe the OP is in Vancouver BC, or Vancouver WA, Which would make his LX 50 a 4T. That main jet should be a 75. But I agree, It sounds carburetor related. My guess is auto choke not working.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0473s ][ Queries: 9 (0.0199s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]