Vespa lx 50 2007/city 50
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Et2 lx50 genuine stella 150
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:48 pm quote
I have had these scooters in dry storage and only run them in the summer months.
Both bikes have the same issues.
Never start and run when cold unless I remove the intake hose and block it with my hand to simulate choke and it will start.
Iíve drained fuel removed hoses and inspected all intakes for leaks,swapped carbs,sprayed wd40 looking for vacuum issues.
Plug is new.
I have the auto enriched choke with a plastic screw type base that is causing concerns. Springs o ring plunger all look like new.
It heats up and the plunger moves,but the bike still is hard to start will not idle and needs to be warmed up to even get out of the lot. Pumping throttle bogs the engine down.
Low mileage no carbon, carb looks spotless inside and no signs of shellac or contaminated fuel.
I by passed the fuel tank and same issue.
All jets cleaned with carb cleaner wire and air.
Question
Could the auto choke cause this issue if it wasnít adjusted Correctly
My lawnboy runs great and it sits outside all year
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:52 pm quote
Vespa
Test
Addicted
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:10 pm quote
How many miles on the bikes?
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:07 pm quote
The lx has 3600 miles
Addicted
lx 50
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:10 pm quote
Iíd start by adjusting the throttle needle 1 notch richer.

Iíd also double check the mixture screw, wind it all the way in......but canít remember what the stock wind is 1.5 turns out??

Do you know what size your main jet is? Think the oldest LX where 58 and they increased it to 63 later. Although you are sure itís clean for pennies might be worth getting a couple at say 63 and 65 even 68 to try.

My old LX would start on the button every day IF used every day.
Leave it for a week and it wouldnít. I used to squirt carb cleaner in and boom it would come back to life and work properly till the next long break.
Hooked
2006 LX 50
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:52 am quote
northernerbill wrote:
Iíd start by adjusting the throttle needle 1 notch richer.

Iíd also double check the mixture screw, wind it all the way in......but canít remember what the stock wind is 1.5 turns out??

Do you know what size your main jet is? Think the oldest LX where 58 and they increased it to 63 later. Although you are sure itís clean for pennies might be worth getting a couple at say 63 and 65 even 68 to try.

My old LX would start on the button every day IF used every day.
Leave it for a week and it wouldnít. I used to squirt carb cleaner in and boom it would come back to life and work properly till the next long break.
I believe the OP is in Vancouver BC, or Vancouver WA, Which would make his LX 50 a 4T. That main jet should be a 75. But I agree, It sounds carburetor related. My guess is auto choke not working.
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2013s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0458s) ][ Debug on ]