Bodges going up in value ?
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
Author Message
Hooked
'64 Motovespa 150S (177) , '76 V90 ( 133)
Joined: 27 Mar 2013
Posts: 488
Location: S.Salem, NY
Enthusiast
1979 P200E
Joined: 01 Jan 2018
Posts: 56
Location: Houston
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:11 am quote
"“When you get into the maxi scooter, you’ve lost the scooter thing,” said Peter Lundgren"

Couldn't agree more. I honestly think those maxis are ugly.
Addicted
One or two fun scoots....nothing too precious
Joined: 17 Jul 2013
Posts: 928
Location: UK (South East)
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:13 pm quote
I would expect decent, air cooled, two stroke, manual geared Vespas, with provenance, to be of value to present and future enthusiasts. Some models will be considered more valuable than others, as is the case today. Whether a GTS or [modern] Primavera is seen in the same light remains to be seen. Bodges need not apply.
Hooked
Vespa PX 125 Settantesimo
Joined: 01 Feb 2017
Posts: 452
Location: Norf Wheezy
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:34 pm quote
Octobogs wrote:
"“When you get into the maxi scooter, you’ve lost the scooter thing,” said Peter Lundgren"

Couldn't agree more. I honestly think those maxis are ugly.
I do too. I would consider one for practical reasons only.
Addicted
Vespas 1964 GS160, 1965 SS180, 1977 V9A1T, 1983 PX150E
Joined: 16 Apr 2011
Posts: 992
Location: Siam
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:41 am quote
johnymoore wrote:
Octobogs wrote:
"“When you get into the maxi scooter, you’ve lost the scooter thing,” said Peter Lundgren"

Couldn't agree more. I honestly think those maxis are ugly.
I do too. I would consider one for practical reasons only.
An 80s PX is the most practical scooter that has ever been produced.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 6557
Location: Victoria, Australia
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:23 pm quote
swa45 wrote:
Whether a GTS or [modern] Primavera is seen in the same light remains to be seen. Bodges need not apply.
They will eventually. Almost all vehicles go through the cycle of being worth less and less over time. Then for a while nobody is buying them and they are practically given away. Then (typically) a new generation 'discovers' them and thinks they are cool, does them up and rides/drives them and suddenly the prices start to rise again. Look at the price of Minis now, even though the following for them has been pretty solid over the years.
Hooked
Vespa PX 125 Settantesimo
Joined: 01 Feb 2017
Posts: 452
Location: Norf Wheezy
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:52 am quote
nomadinsiam wrote:
johnymoore wrote:
Octobogs wrote:
"“When you get into the maxi scooter, you’ve lost the scooter thing,” said Peter Lundgren"

Couldn't agree more. I honestly think those maxis are ugly.
I do too. I would consider one for practical reasons only.
An 80s PX is the most practical scooter that has ever been produced.
Well I quite like the idea of some tech...heated grips, automatic windshield, ABS etc if I need to commute on a bike. I also need to get a helmet in the under seat storage.
Your Rally Here   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
[ Time: 0.3670s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0626s) ][ Debug on ]