Vespa LX125 from 2005. Is it Euro 3 compliant? ULEZ coming!
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Vespa LX 125
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:42 am quote
With Ultra low emission zone coming in on the 8th April 2019 is my Vespa LX125 from 2005 not Euro 3? TFL website says I'm subject to ULEZ! My Suzuki SV650 from 2000 is not compliant. I will have to use my 1975 Honda CB400/4 as its registered as a historic vehicle. Madness. We also have to pay the same as cars. And don't get me started on black cabs being exempt till 2029....uh biggest polluters.
How can my LX125 give out more pollution than a new 3 litre petrol car? I get over 100miles on about 5.5 litres!
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:58 am quote
Re: Vespa LX125 from 2005. Is it Euro 3 compliant? ULEZ comi
melt wrote:
With Ultra low emission zone coming in on the 8th April 2019 is my Vespa LX125 from 2005 not Euro 3? TFL website says I'm subject to ULEZ! My Suzuki SV650 from 2000 is not compliant. I will have to use my 1975 Honda CB400/4 as its registered as a historic vehicle. Madness. We also have to pay the same as cars. And don't get me started on black cabs being exempt till 2029....uh biggest polluters.
How can my LX125 give out more pollution than a new 3 litre petrol car? I get over 100miles on about 5.5 litres!
It'll cost you to get your certificate of Conformity - but may be well worth doing:

https://wiki.mag-uk.org/images/f/fd/How_to_get_Certificate_of_ULEZ_exemption.pdf

http://www.mag-uk.org/en/newsdetail/a7395
MAG wrote:
04-01-2019 MAG, ULEZ and exemption of older motorcycles
Update on: Honda, BMW, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, Harley Davidson, KTM, Lexmoto, Aprilia, Husqvarna, Moto Guzzi, Piaggio, Royal Enfield, Triumph, Norton, Gilera, Vespa.

MAG has been working to exempt as many motorcycles as possible from the high Ultra Low Emissions Zone (ULEZ) charges being introduced in London in April 2019. In a series of releases, MAG is outlining the progress made with manufacturers in helping you to avoid charges, by proving your motorcycle is compliant with the emissions levels that have been set.
Following a productive meeting with the Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, regarding motorcycles in the Capital, MAG is engaged in seeking information from manufacturers which will help you secure an exemption for your motorcycle. MAG’s Director of Communications & Public Affairs, Lembit Öpik, explains: ‘we have agreed with the Mayor that those motorcycles which achieve the emissions standards set for the ULEZ charge should be exempt. It’s common sense and eminently fair to do this.

‘There are two ways to achieve that exemption: a Certificate of Conformity, showing that your machine produces less NOx than the upper permissible limit; or a specific test of your machine providing evidence that this is the case. We’re working with manufacturers to see what needs to be done to get a Certificate of Conformity (COC) and we’ll share that information as we get it.

(more follows)
Ossessionato
LXV 150 Midnight Blue
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:38 pm quote
Looks like the deal is to spend 80 Euros and get a certificate.
2019 Spring Gathering - May 16 - 19, Location TBD (Likely Maggie Valley, NC)   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2756s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0502s) ][ Debug on ]