After lots of research looking at forum threads, reading the workshop manual, and watching videos I narrowed down the possible culprits. The clue is in the warning light flashing, beep pattern, and if the horn sounds. My issue had the constant beep of approx 2 seconds with a 1 second break. That eliminates the fluid level, pressure switch, seat sensor, and front wheel sensors. It narrowed my search to the micro switch, cable linkage adjustment, motor/gearbox assy including the rheostat.
I had already checked the microswitch for correct open and closed circuit and it was good but I rechecked it and the second time it wasn't working. After removing it I found that the plastic case was cracked and that caused intermittent operation because the plunger would stick. I could get the switch to move manually but that only partially solved my problem.
I also suspected the motor gearbox assy because when I put 12v directly to the motor it didn't work. So I removed the assy and seperated the master cylinder from it and also the cable. On the bench I again tried 12v but it still didn't work so I seperated the motor from the case and rechecked the motor with 12 volts. Wow the motor worked now so I decided to try and move the shaft on the casing and it wouldn't budge. I noted water running out of the weep holes so I removed the bolts holding the case together and per the manual gave the casing a few taps with my plastic hammer to seperate the case. It seperated slightly and I heard a light clunk and then the shaft turned free! A quick check showed everything looked normal so I put it back together with the motor and tested it again. Everything seemed fine so reassembled everything back into the bike, turned the key on and everything worked perfect with no codes! I had to manually operated the microswitch while testing, but the tilt-lock now works perfect. I've ordered a new microswitch I found online, so in about a week it should be back on the road.