love it when farmers do this...
Post Reply    Forum -> Scooter Gallery
Addicted
2018 LIBERTY 150S
Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:28 am quote
Mow these neat roadway strips along their property.

It would probably be weird to knock on their door and tell them how their efforts are appreciated.

But last year I did stop and thank a fellow who was picking up roadside trash. He parked on the shoulder, used tongs and a bucket, then moved his car further along.
More snow last night - but I have a few photos I can look at of nice rides. (this was taken July 4th two years ago at daybreak)

O.S.

Last edited by OldSchooot on Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ossessionato
LXV 150 Midnight Blue (Sold)
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:50 pm quote
Given the location of the telephone poles.

I say the farmer's field starts at the poles. The cut grass belongs to the local municipality and they cut it to demonstrate their owners ship.
Ossessionato
LXV 150 Midnight Blue (Sold)
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:50 pm quote
waspmike wrote:
Given the location of the telephone/power poles.

I say the farmer's field starts at the poles. The cut grass/right of way belongs to the local municipality and they cut it to demonstrate their owners ship.
Addicted
2018 LIBERTY 150S
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:40 pm quote
waspmike wrote:
waspmike wrote:
Given the location of the telephone/power poles.

I say the farmer's field starts at the poles. The cut grass/right of way belongs to the local municipality and they cut it to demonstrate their owners ship.
Sorry. No. Farmers are doing the mowing.
Which is why I said I'm inclined to thank them.
No one's demonstrating ownership here - just a farmer keeping things groomed - out of pride of place, I recon.

Large tractor powered mowers used by the townships do nothing like this quality of cutting.
The farm is about 1/4 mile behind me here.
O.S.
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> Scooter Gallery
[ Time: 0.2197s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0516s) ][ Debug on ]