Chassis Number HELP!
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
Lurker
Sprint 150
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:58 am quote
Hi there. New to the Forum so hi all.

I have a couple of Vespa's coming from overseas but I have some problems with the Chassis number being accepted for an Import Permit. This appears to be a problem with both Vespa's.

For example the registration papers from Asia show a chassis number on one of the Vespa's as VLB1-1186952 and the other as VLB1-0174762. I have had the government department say both the numbers say they are incorrect, and request a photo of the actual number on the chassis. The problem here is they are already packed and on a ship (my bad not getting the permit first, oops).

Does anyone here know how to make sense of the chassis numbers and why they may think that they are incorrect? I have attached photos of the registration papers of each from the early 70's.

IMG_7345.JPG

IMG_7346.JPG

Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:35 am quote
oh boy,...you're in for a world of hurt.
Who is going to tell him?
Molto Verboso
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1996 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:45 am quote
VIN should be VLB1T and engine is VLB1M. But, Vespas and Asian imports are not usually a good combo. Did you do your homework on Vietbodges?? Iím afraid that youíre probably importing 2 death traps / polished turds...

I hope Iím wrong...
Hooked
68sprint,65super,64Allstate
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:26 am quote
chassis numbers
Oh boy!! I can see where this is going to go. good luck
Lurker
Sprint 150
Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:06 pm quote
SaFiS wrote:
VIN should be VLB1T and engine is VLB1M. But, Vespas and Asian imports are not usually a good combo. Did you do your homework on Vietbodges?? Iím afraid that youíre probably importing 2 death traps / polished turds...

I hope Iím wrong...
I hope you're wrong too, but thanks for the info re the VIN. My buddy who lives in Jakarta got one restored from this shop a year back and it's been great, so we should have about the same standard. He has test ridden the bike and rates it. Anyhow, I'll see what I get and let you guys know the outcome.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
a not so normal vbb2 '64, a weirdo vbx '86 and a not so normal pts100 '82
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:35 am quote
thats indo bike similar with my bpkb (motorcyle owner book) purwokerto is in central java, if i can see the next page i can tell wheter ur bike is ckd nor builfd up straight from italy,.. if the owner wasnt mess around to much due to times its spend here in Indo

b is a frame and c is the engine vin.. wht they wire it wrong.. they just lazy, my vlb were writen vbc in the engine vin
Lurker
Sprint 150
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:54 am quote
koenig blues wrote:
thats indo bike similar with my bpkb (motorcyle owner book) purwokerto is in central java, if i can see the next page i can tell wheter ur bike is ckd nor builfd up straight from italy,.. if the owner wasnt mess around to much due to times its spend here in Indo

b is a frame and c is the engine vin.. wht they wire it wrong.. they just lazy, my vlb were writen vbc in the engine vin
Ok I will take photo of the next page for both bikes and post here. Cheers
Lurker
Sprint 150
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:54 am quote
StuHarm wrote:
koenig blues wrote:

Ok I will take photo of the next page for both bikes and post here. Cheers

IMG_0799.jpeg

IMG_0800.jpeg

Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
[ Time: 0.2642s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0353s) ][ Debug on ]