Et4 Leader - valve cover touching frame
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Vespa ET4 leader
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:00 am quote
Hi everybody,

Last summer Ive upgraded my 2001 ET4 leader with the malossi 190cc kit.
Since my cylinder-head cam journals where worn beyond spec I replaced the cylinder-head for a brand new one. The replacement head is the same as on the LX (with evap port) LEADER model.

The problem : The cylinder-head cover sometimes touches the frame just above the inspection hedge . At acceleration this also causes vibrations being send throughout the scooter. Very noticeable in the steering as well.

Help needed please !!!
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:50 am quote
Got a grinder?

There are a lot of things that can be causing this. Very bad shocks. leaving something out, or very worn bushings.
But if the problem is caused by something that is on the new head that wasn't on the old head, the only way to solve it that comes to mind, is to grind off enough metal to get clearance. Thousands of people have done what you did, so if there is a problem because of the difference in the head, and it happens every time you do the swap, it's been addressed every time this swap has been done. Any shop in France that does a lot of modern vespa work will know if there is an issue with this swap or if your problem is something else.
Vespa ET4 leader
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:50 pm quote
thanks motovista,

Indeed it was the rear shock that was just 1/2 inch to low.
I have the YSS shocks fitted, however the rubber rings that come with it do not give enough clearance.

Have a nice one
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1960s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0294s) ][ Debug on ]