Storing my Vespa LX150 - newbie with questions
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Vespa 150 LX
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:28 pm quote
I have my new-to-me 2010 Vespa LX150 in my garage. I'm not riding it and probably won't for a few months. I've gone out and started it at least once a week. But today, I started it and ran it for about 5 minutes and then it died. Wouldn't start again. It's really cold here (32 F or less).

What is the best way to store it? Should I get a battery tender or put anything in the gas tank.

Your advise is most appreciated.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:53 pm quote
Yes.....battery tender. I switch one between scooters. Definitely needs something in the tank, Seafoam is a good option, but Sta-bil would do too. Be sure you run it for 5 minutes or so to get it into the system. And keep the tank full of fuel.

Regular starting isn't necessary, and actually brief running may do more harm than good, besides draining the battery..... pretty much all you really need to do, although a bit of a caress and some soft words seem to be appreciated from time to time.

Hope you can get the running issue sorted......don't know how long the gas has been in there, but it does go bad without preservative.
Missouri Loves Company Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.3891s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0563s) ][ Debug on ]