@oldschooot avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX

Ossessionato
@oldschooot avatar
UTC quote
http://www.kymcopartsmonster.com is liquidating - and will no longer fill orders for Kymco parts.

This was the #1 parts house for OEM Kymco parts in the USA, for years. Their prices were competitive at worst, or better - and they never failed to have a part I ordered for the past 6 years.
Lots of folks advertise parts which might fit a Kymco - but partsmonster sold only OEM parts in Kymco packaging. OEM Kymco parts are all of the best quality.
Kymco USA suggested these dealers for parts:
http://www.Solanocycle.com (FL)
http://www.Leesonsarcticcat.com (WV)
http://www.Varsitycycle.net (WV)

2-wheel ownership in N.America continues a sad trend.

O.S.
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
UTC quote
Thanks for the heads up. I still have a couple of Kymcos to maintain. 8)
@jacoh avatar
UTC

Hooked
SYM 300, looking at another BV350

Hooked
@jacoh avatar
SYM 300, looking at another BV350
UTC quote
So, the importer (Kymco USA) does not sell parts? Or, only to the dealers? That seems odd. Like the old days in the 1960's, where there was the bike importer, and someone else sold the parts. Surely, scooterpartsco here can enlighten us.
@mopedlar avatar
UTC

Addicted
2021 GTS 300 Super (white), 2021 GTS 300 Super (yellow), 1976 Bianchi Snark, 1980 General 5 Star, 2002 Bajaj Chetak

Addicted
@mopedlar avatar
2021 GTS 300 Super (white), 2021 GTS 300 Super (yellow), 1976 Bianchi Snark, 1980 General 5 Star, 2002 Bajaj Chetak
UTC quote
JACoH wrote:
So, the importer (Kymco USA) does not sell parts? Or, only to the dealers? That seems odd. Like the old days in the 1960's, where there was the bike importer, and someone else sold the parts. Surely, scooterpartsco here can enlighten us.
I've always had to get my Kymco parts from my local Kymco dealer.
@kz1000st avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Dongfang 170cc, CF Moto Fashion 250

Molto Verboso
@kz1000st avatar
UTC quote
Kymcopartsmonster filled a couple of part orders for me and came through quickly. Not as quickly as the Chinese parts I get from Florida but not bad. Of course the prices were breathtaking, at least to me. That's sad that a company can't get by profitably selling parts for a major brand.
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Did
I wonder if the brand will step in like they did in the UK ?

Bill x
@troutbum avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2012 Kymco Like 200i (Sold), 2018 FLSL

Ossessionato
@troutbum avatar
UTC quote
Bummer. They were a great source. My second choice was my local dealer, but when they discontinued the Kymco offerings I was forced to go strictly with Kymcopartsmonster. That was until I traded it in. I hope another supplier can be found.
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
List
Be careful people, you know what happens to you if you talk about Kymco products in a Vespa Forum.

Ask rider for details.

Bill x
@troutbum avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@troutbum avatar
UTC quote
Re: List
Bill Dog wrote:
Be careful people, you know what happens to you if you talk about Kymco products in a Vespa Forum.

Ask rider for details.

Bill x
It's winter here in the states. We are in need of some shack nasties. Clown emoticon
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes
UTC quote
Oh come on Bill. You're supposed to tell us that they went out of business because nobody ever needs parts for a super reliable Kymco.
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
Years ago one could onlybuy bmw parts from the dealer. We survived.
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Date
I'm saying nothing.

I can't argue with you though.

Bill x
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
Re: Bad news for N.American Kymco owners
OldSchooot wrote:
http://www.kymcopartsmonster.com is liquidating - and will no longer fill orders for Kymco parts.

This was the #1 parts house for OEM Kymco parts in the USA, for years. Their prices were competitive at worst, or better - and they never failed to have a part I ordered for the past 6 years.
Lots of folks advertise parts which might fit a Kymco - but partsmonster sold only OEM parts in Kymco packaging. OEM Kymco parts are all of the best quality.
Kymco USA suggested these dealers for parts:
http://www.Solanocycle.com (FL)
http://www.Leesonsarcticcat.com (WV)
http://www.Varsitycycle.net (WV)

2-wheel ownership in N.America continues a sad trend.

O.S.
solano has 4 dealerships in my psrt of florida. Have had good vibes from them. They work on our aprilias.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
UTC quote
Re: Date
Bill Dog wrote:
I'm saying nothing.

I can't argue with you though.

Bill x
I can relate. I've received grief here just because my BMW dares to have a CVT engine designed and made by Kymco....
UTC

Banned
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville

Banned
UTC quote
znomit wrote:
Oh come on Bill. You're supposed to tell us that they went out of business because nobody ever needs parts for a super reliable Kymco.
LOL. You beat me to it.
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
Re: List
Bill Dog wrote:

Ask rider for details.

Bill x
Oh, it's OK to post this somewhat negative Kymco news. You get in trouble when you post positive news....
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
Place
I rode mine today.

It was brilliant.

Bill x
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
JACoH wrote:
Surely, scooterpartsco here can enlighten us.
Kymco operates in the US like Honda, Yamaha, etc, in that they own the US distributor and sell parts through that distributor to dealers, who then sell to the public.
Lately we've been selling a lot of parts for the bigger bikes, mostly common maintenance items like belts, rollers, brake pads, to a couple of Kymco distributors (they buy directly from Kymco in Taiwan) in countries located south of us. Based on what they are willing to pay, the quantities they are buying and how quickly they want the stuff, I assume they are having trouble getting these parts directly.
They are now asking if we can get things like air filters and oil filters.
I have noticed that many aftermarket suppliers in Europe are starting to carry more electrical and electronic parts for the bigger Kymco models. We have also been expanding the number of parts we carry for Kymco's larger models.
OP
@oldschooot avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@oldschooot avatar
UTC quote
Re: Place
Bill Dog wrote:
I rode mine today.

It was brilliant.

Bill x
It did quickly cross my mind that - because my dumb Kymco seems reluctant to break anything, or wear out anything - I have done very little to keep partsmonster in business these past 6 years!
The normal consumables which I purchased from them several years ago are gathering dust in my warm closet.
Brake pads, belts, rollers, clutch & bell assembly, bulbs, air filters, coil, injector, plug cap & lead....require yearly dusting....waiting.
The Kymco runs so well with so little looking after that I change the fluids embarrassingly often just to feel I'm not neglecting it.
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

I did replace a bearing in the rear fork because I had both in hand when taking the new Michelin and rear wheel to the Vespa dealer to mount. He pressed the old out & new in for 0$. Nothing the matter with the old bearing - just took the opportunity to renew it.

He gave me such good service - I went back and bought my Liberty150i there. Then they went out of business.

O.S.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
OldSchooot wrote:
It did quickly cross my mind that - because my dumb Kymco seems reluctant to break anything, or wear out anything - I have done very little to keep partsmonster in business these past 6 years!
The normal consumables which I purchased from them several years ago are gathering dust in my warm closet.
Brake pads, belts, rollers, clutch & bell assembly, bulbs, air filters, coil, injector, plug cap & lead....require yearly dusting....waiting.

O.S.
How many thousands of miles did you put on it in six years?
OP
@oldschooot avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@oldschooot avatar
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
OldSchooot wrote:

O.S.
How many thousands of miles did you put on it in six years?
Not quite 6 years.. (May '13)..but just under 17,000. For the last 5 years the Kymco has always split riding time with one other scoot. First a Forza, then Burg400, now Liberty150i.
Forgot to mention - did replace 9amp stock battery with 14amp YUASA due to my OCD when 35 miles from home on 25°F mornings. (daybreak coffee runs)
O.S.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Every belt I've ever taken out of a Kymco looked almost brand new.
I think one of the issues Kymco is having is that they brought everything over, and then were surprised that nothing sold well. They were under the impression Americans don't ride scooters because Honda and Yamaha don't offer many choices. They soon found out Honda and Yamaha don't offer many models because Americans don't ride scooters. Meanwhile, they had to provide parts for all the different Bet and Win, Cobra, People, Grand Vista, Agility, Vitality, Xciting, that motorcycle thing, etc, models they sold a few of. Then came 2008 and the economy tanked. Gas got cheap again, and it got more expensive to do business here, compared to the revenues they generated. Unfortunately, their enthusiasm for the US market waned before they figured out the USA is one big ATV loving machine. Had they come in with the ATVs as strong as they did with the scooters from the beginning, and gradually added different Scooter models people would buy, Kymco would probably have a much better US presence now.
People might criticize SYM for not distributing their own products here (I do), but it keeps them from being legally bound to provide parts for old models long after they stopped selling them.
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
The Bintelli business model appears to be a good compromise . . dealer only Jiajue scooter sales with online parts support.
@kz1000st avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@kz1000st avatar
UTC quote
I had a feeling that Bintelli parting with Znen was over quality but this was the first time I saw that thread. I was pretty busy then and missed it.
I knew from conversations with Matt Many and Justin that PFS was recommended as a source for parts to Bintelli dealers.

It would very interesting to know how Wolf is getting along with Znen. Maybe the People at Znen are getting sensitive to the bad Press.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
kz1000ST wrote:
I had a feeling that Bintelli parting with Znen was over quality but this was the first time I saw that thread. I was pretty busy then and missed it.
I knew from conversations with Matt Many and Justin that PFS was recommended as a source for parts to Bintelli dealers.

It would very interesting to know how Wolf is getting along with Znen. Maybe the People at Znen are getting sensitive to the bad Press.
Lol, again with the Bintelli. Have you had any conversations with the people at Znen or Jaijue or Amstar? Most dealers who have sold Wolf, Tao Tao, Bintelli and the other low quality Chinese brands will tell you there is no real difference, except that whatever they are selling at the time is better. If Jaijue is a better supplier, why aren't other companies bringing in their scooters?
I think a lot of people get interested in scooters and come onto forums like this one for information. They see the name Bintelli, which is easily confused with Benelli and sounds vaguely Italian, and the links to their hype in threads about scooters they have heard are pretty good, then the ownership experience turns them off of scooters. All the stories are good, the guys selling them say great things, and they end up with Chinese crap. For the price they get for some of this junk, you can buy a much better quality scooter, from a reputable manufacturer.
If you want to know what the Bintelli stuff is really like, talk to some of the dealers who have quit selling it, not the guys trying to get you to buy it. A guy I know who sells a lot of Chinese scooters says the Honda metropolitan knockoff Bintelli brought in was the biggest POS he's ever carried. Or talk to people who bought them and then try to get warranty work done.
What is now different about Bintelli's business model is that they have dealers build the brand then open their own store in direct competition with their own dealers. That's a company you can trust. And why are they recommending a third company as a source of parts for their own scooters? Shouldn't they be supplying those too?
Sticking yet another plug for crap Chinese scooters in a thread about Kymco is like wandering through a grocery store telling people they should eat recycled newspaper. Seems a little crazy.
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas

Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
UTC quote
i also think that one of the biggest problems that kymco faced was that as they were flailing about for market share they basically dumped all the mid-sized stuff.

i remember being at the dealer and the model line up was like 6 50cc variants, a single 150 in limited colors, and then everything else was 250cc and up and comparably priced to a new vespa or lightly used better machine.

that being said, people rode the ever-loving shit out of some of them and they never quit.

but back to the more important topic at hand. parts supply. granted there's at least a reasonable amount of aftermarket consumables (finally) but as an independent service outfit getting those proprietary bits is gonna be a pain in all nine of my assholes. the dealer closest to me only cares about dirtbikes and ATV/SXS stuff and the only other one in the city only wants to sell new bikes and if you order anything from them it would be 2X the cost from monster.

so yeah. this is gonna suck big time for a lot of kymco riders. especially those with machines that are only a few model years old.

-g
Motovista wrote:
Every belt I've ever taken out of a Kymco looked almost brand new.
I think one of the issues Kymco is having is that they brought everything over, and then were surprised that nothing sold well. They were under the impression Americans don't ride scooters because Honda and Yamaha don't offer many choices. They soon found out Honda and Yamaha don't offer many models because Americans don't ride scooters. Meanwhile, they had to provide parts for all the different Bet and Win, Cobra, People, Grand Vista, Agility, Vitality, Xciting, that motorcycle thing, etc, models they sold a few of. Then came 2008 and the economy tanked. Gas got cheap again, and it got more expensive to do business here, compared to the revenues they generated. Unfortunately, their enthusiasm for the US market waned before they figured out the USA is one big ATV loving machine. Had they come in with the ATVs as strong as they did with the scooters from the beginning, and gradually added different Scooter models people would buy, Kymco would probably have a much better US presence now.
People might criticize SYM for not distributing their own products here (I do), but it keeps them from being legally bound to provide parts for old models long after they stopped selling them.
@kz1000st avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@kz1000st avatar
UTC quote
Apologies. I was addressing Tortoise, not the forum at large. I didn't intend to plug anyone.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
kz1000ST wrote:
Apologies. I was addressing Tortoise, not the forum at large. I didn't intend to plug anyone.
No worries. Our first bikes were a Kymco Vitality 50 and a Yamaha Zuma 50. My wife rode the Vitality for about 22,000 miles, with no mechanical issues, taking trips of 40-80 miles at a time, and was never stranded, and I did just about everything you could do to a Yamaha Zuma to make it faster.
If we started with a Taotao and a Bintelli, I would probably hate scooters. I do know that owning a Genuine Stella pretty much put me off manual scooters.
There are some very good Chinese domestic brands out there, that rival the Taiwanese in build quality and reliability, but we don't get them in the US. You have to sell a lot of small scooters to pay for a well run distribution network, and the market just isn't here.
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
What is now different about Bintelli's business model is that they have dealers build the brand then open their own store in direct competition with their own dealers.
In the context of parts support . . is the Genuine-Scooterworks affiliation not similar?
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0451s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0181s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]