Bleeding Footbrake on MP3 yourban LT
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Piaggio mp3 125
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:59 am quote
Ive recently had my brake pads replaced front and back on my piaggio MP3 Yourban LT. Since then my footbrake doesnt seem to have much resistance when applying pressure but the brake levers are fine.

Is there a way that the foot brake can be bled on its own? Ive looked through the workshop manual at the filling section and it just refers to <<highlighted>> which i cannot find.

Any help would be appreciated.
Hooked
2008 fuoco.T3 guzzi california outfit
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:13 pm quote
If your handlebar front and rear brake levers feel ok then i would assume the brakeing system is ok. However when i changed the removed my rear brake on my fuoco and put new pads in i found that the handlebar rear brake lever was spongy like i still had air in and dispite bleeding the brake by all the ways known to man it was still spongy, however after going for a ride and using the rear brakes a number of times it sorted itself out and my thoughts on that was the pads just needed bedding in. I'm wondering ( bear in mind my fuoco has not got a footbrake ) if there is far more pressure being applied by your foot than by your hand and this is causing the feeling that you have. If you look at your rear caliper you will see that it does move alot when you apply the brakes.
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.1826s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0307s) ][ Debug on ]