Engine stuttering/shake between 2-5mph 17' Primavera 150
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
Prima 150
Sun May 24, 2020 5:09 pm quote
Hey guys new to the forum. Would appreciate any feedback.

Had the scooter since new. Lately when accelerating I am experiencing a shaking or stuttering of the motor just as I get moving. Its not right at initiation of acceleration but just as I push through 2-5 mph.

It used to be so smooth and now noticing this hiccup is driving me crazy. I cant figure it its a grinding or a slipping.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Addicted
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200
Sun May 24, 2020 5:55 pm quote
You didn't say how many miles?

This sounds like a clutch issue. I've had my clutch a little glazed, which caused shuddering on takeoff. Resolved it by removing the clutch bell (when it was open for a belt change anyways) and scuffing up the surface with some sandpaper.
Ossessionato
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold)
Sun May 24, 2020 7:01 pm quote
Dutch,

How many miles?
How fast do you ride?
Prima 150
Tue May 26, 2020 12:59 pm quote
Hey guys thanks for your time. The scooter has 7150KM

It is mostly for riding to and from the gym, beach, grocery store. Most of the time with the girlfriend on the back so nothing to crazy but I dont drive it like a puss either.
Prima 150
Wed May 27, 2020 7:04 pm quote
waspmike wrote:
Dutch,

How many miles?
How fast do you ride?
The scooter has 7150KM
Addicted
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200
Thu May 28, 2020 3:05 am quote
half_dutch_ wrote:

It is mostly for riding to and from the gym, beach, grocery store. Most of the time with the girlfriend on the back so nothing to crazy but I dont drive it like a puss either.
Hmmm, that's not too much. And your title says it's a 2017, which is quite new.

Have you had regular services done on schedule? Do you have tools to open transmission cover and have a look?

It's hard to give further advice by Internet. Would a video help, or doesn't look like much?

I also see you posted this under the Project Reports subforum. To get a wider audience, you may want to post under General. (If you contact a Moderator, they may be able to help move thus thread.)
Ossessionato
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold)
Thu May 28, 2020 4:22 am quote
half_dutch_ wrote:

Most common cause of your symptoms is dust in the clutch. Take it for a ride at over 50 mph for about 10 mins. If that doesn't fix it, it will need to be blown out with compressed air.
Prima 150
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:52 am quote
berto wrote:
half_dutch_ wrote:

Hmmm, that's not too much. And your title says it's a 2017, which is quite new.

Have you had regular services done on schedule? Do you have tools to open transmission cover and have a look?

It's hard to give further advice by Internet. Would a video help, or doesn't look like much?

I also see you posted this under the Project Reports subforum. To get a wider audience, you may want to post under General. (If you contact a Moderator, they may be able to help move thus thread.)
Soooo a little embarrassed by this but its actually a 2015 i have discovered the girlfriend had to correct me I didn't realize it had been that long.

So fairly low mileage for that years i suppose. I have had the break in maintenance and the 5K maintenance done.

So far is seems as though the vibration has subsided since running it hard for a bout 10 minutes like suggested. We will see how long that holds up. I see that it is part of the 10K maintenance to replace the timing belt so if anything I will take it a little earlier than that for work if it acts up again.

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to help me out. if your ever on south beach ill buy you a beer.
Prima 150
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:53 am quote
waspmike wrote:
half_dutch_ wrote:

Most common cause of your symptoms is dust in the clutch. Take it for a ride at over 50 mph for about 10 mins. If that doesn't fix it, it will need to be blown out with compressed air.
Wanted to thank you for the help so far so good after trying this. I haven't experienced the shuddering since. lets hope it holds up till the 10K maint.
Your Rally Here   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
[ Time: 0.1217s ][ Queries: 24 (0.0241s) ][ Debug on ]