Wisconscoot 2019
Post Reply    Forum -> Rallies & Events Previous123
Author Message
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8748
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:00 pm quote
oakwoodjoe wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
*Before anyone else tells the story.... ready to start the first day's ride, running a bit late already, Ken shows up and checking into his room. I greet him and tell him not to worry....we won't leave without him. Then I turn around, walk out the door and pretty much start the ride....without him.

Plenty to think about in the meantime, but at our main stop an hour or more into the ride, someone says, "Hey, what happened to Ken?" Suddenly I remembered.

Guessing I will never live that down.
I had already forgotten what happened with Ken. Thanks for refreshing my memory.
Glad I'm not the only one with memory problems.
Lurker
Xmax-300
Joined: 19 Aug 2019
Posts: 3
Location: Between Madison and Milwaukee
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:16 pm quote
Thanks for the great ride! I had a great time and nice to meet everyone.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8748
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:42 am quote
ismatts wrote:
Thanks for the great ride! I had a great time and nice to meet everyone.
Nice to have you!
Member
Yamaha XMax 300
Joined: 17 Jul 2019
Posts: 7
Location: Wisconsin
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:21 pm quote
Thanks for putting together a great couple days of rides, and letting me join the group for good ol' scooter shenanigans!

We had great weather, and a great group of people accepting of a newbie like me. I was glad to get my first group ride out of the way in familiar territory for me, and you all made it easy for this rookie to follow along. I tried not to screw up too much!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8748
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:19 pm quote
dbeth wrote:
Thanks for putting together a great couple days of rides, and letting me join the group for good ol' scooter shenanigans!

We had great weather, and a great group of people accepting of a newbie like me. I was glad to get my first group ride out of the way in familiar territory for me, and you all made it easy for this rookie to follow along. I tried not to screw up too much!
Hey, great to have you. You seemed a good fit, and no problems with your riding-you're great in a group. Sorry if I was grilling you too much pre-ride, but seems nice to make sure you know what you're getting into before rather than after. Sadly it seems that the people who really need to get their stuff together are hard to reach, and a lot of words are wasted on people that will catch on quickly regardless.

If it wasn't clear you were on home turf, that downtown stroll in Baraboo brought it home!
Member
Yamaha XMax 300
Joined: 17 Jul 2019
Posts: 7
Location: Wisconsin
Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:34 pm quote
No worries about the pre-ride check in...I wasn't sure what I was in for, but I appreciate the concern. I feel I'm a pretty quick learner

Sitting here in school today getting ready for the kids next week, I'm prepping myself for the kids wondering about me joining some crazy scooter gang. I'll just beep my horn at them and tell them get outta my way!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8748
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:42 pm quote
dbeth wrote:
Sitting here in school today getting ready for the kids next week, I'm prepping myself for the kids wondering about me joining some crazy scooter gang. I'll just beep my horn at them and tell them get outta my way!
Keep 'em guessing!

Hope you have a good school year.
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> Rallies & Events Previous123
[ Time: 0.1324s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0331s) ][ Debug on ]