OP
UTC

Enthusiast
2007 GTS 250 i.e.

Enthusiast
2007 GTS 250 i.e.
UTC quote
What rain gloves do you use? (not for the winter -- too expensive)
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula

Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
UTC quote
I have a pair of Alpinestars Andes Touring Outdry gloves. They're comfortable, waterproof, and well-armored. They have a thin fleecy lining, but are not bulky at all.

https://www.alpinestars.com/andes-touring-outdry-glove
⚠️ Last edited by mpfrank on UTC; edited 1 time
@duck_dodgers avatar
UTC

Hooked
2016 GTV

Hooked
@duck_dodgers avatar
2016 GTV
UTC quote
and I have a pair of these...

https://shop.olympiagloves.com/collections/mens-motorcycle-gloves/products/4370-cold-throttle

Stolen from add: An Aquatex barrier keeps you dry and blocks wind, Thinsulate keeps hands warm - 100g on the back of the hand, 40g on the palm so you can feel the heat from your heated grips, if you have them.

Draw-corded gauntlets keep cold out, and knuckle protection under the leather isn't flashy, but is there to protect and does its job.

With reflective piping, pleated finger knuckles, and a pretty cool thumb goggle wiper, and choice Black or Hi-Viz yellow, these just might be the best un-heated gloves you've ever had!

and 10$ cheaper on SCAMAZON https://www.amazon.com/Olympia-Throttle-Season-Gloves-Black/dp/B003XU6GD4
@kabarash avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'08 Gunuine Buddy 150 St Tropez 'Simon' '04 Honda Metropolitian 'Archie' [Sadly had to trade it away ;-( ]

Molto Verboso
@kabarash avatar
'08 Gunuine Buddy 150 St Tropez 'Simon' '04 Honda Metropolitian 'Archie' [Sadly had to trade it away ;-( ]
UTC quote
I slip a slightly over sized pair of rubber dishwashing gloves over my regular riding gloves, they're cheap and easy to store under the seat.
UTC

Ossessionato
2018 Vespa GTS 300 ABS- Bianco

Ossessionato
UTC quote
Rain gloves?

The wind dries the regular gloves (made from leather, etc.) out soon enough and my hands are waterproof. Why bother is the better question?
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
UTC quote
I have a few pairs and if you can afford it GoreTex is best. I use heavy Dainese in cold weather and I have a pair of Kilms I use in the summer.

Lots of good videos and stuff online. This is just one.

https://fortnine.ca/en/best-rain-and-cold-weather-gloves/

Yes hands are waterproof but staying comfortable when riding is key. We make dumb mistakes when cold and wet or in general uncomfortable.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@crazycarl avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax

Ossessionato
@crazycarl avatar
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax
UTC quote
I keep some nitrile exam gloves in the glovebox (that's what it's there for, right?).

Can put them on over my regular riding gloves, and if they tear it's no big deal - I've got plenty more.
@rieswr avatar
UTC

BV 350

@rieswr avatar
BV 350
UTC quote
Rain Gloves
I use nitrile exam gloves as well over my summer gloves. Cheap and effective. Winter gloves are waterproof.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
Kantuckid wrote:
Rain gloves?

The wind dries the regular gloves (made from leather, etc.) out soon enough and my hands are waterproof. Why bother is the better question?
because wet hands can lead to cold hands. Also leather dye in gloves takes awhile to get off your skin. and lastly because they stop your skin from being all wrinkly.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
Re: Rain Gloves?
sunbox wrote:
What rain gloves do you use? (not for the winter -- too expensive)
go to a local shop try them on and buy them. ALL gloves do not fit the same. just like helmets, jeans, shirts, shoes ect ect
@syd avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)

Ossessionato
@syd avatar
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)
UTC quote
I have a pair of Aerostich Triple Digit Covers. They keep hands dry and add some warmth too.
@fudmucker avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini

Ossessionato
@fudmucker avatar
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini
UTC quote
Kantuckid wrote:
Rain gloves?

When your gloves are dry, they insulate your hands from the wind chill. When the gloves become saturated, the water forms a heat bridge and your hands lose heat rapidly. Wearing surgical gloves inside will prevent the dye getting to your hands, but not eliminate the heat bridge. Your hands will get cold, but stay dry. Cotton or silk gloves inside the surgicals would help, but now you are wearing three gloves...

Putting waterproof gloves over your riding gloves means you can keep the gloves dry and therefore eliminate the heat bridge. If you can find household / dish washing gloves that will fit over your gloves, they will work very well. In my case I have large hands (10-11) and the stretch outer gloves actually cause enough pressure on my fingers restricting blood flow.

I found some 3-finger mitts from waterproof nylon. They work just fine as I use the two finger braking technique learned from dual sport riding.
UTC

2021 Vespa 300 GTS HPE

2021 Vespa 300 GTS HPE
UTC quote
Waterproof short gloves
I had some Weise Wave WP gloves which were ideal (for me) on the scooter for 3-seasons.
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
UTC quote
I don't care about leather dye transfer on my hands from rain. I also dislike wearing a waterproof surgical type of glove unless it's when wrenching to keep my hands away from greasy stuff or when painting around solvents.
I know about hypothermia but the thread said this is not about winter gloves which I own a bunch of for work and play.
I have never got near freezing my hands from rain in warm weather when riding?
Lately, for work not riding, I have become a fan of the newer type work gloves that are thin, have velcro cuff straps and elastic fabric backs and finger flex areas as they provide much comfort yet still prevent blisters and pinches. Yes they also get wet but dry fast.
UTC

Enthusiast
Vespa Sprint 150

Enthusiast
Vespa Sprint 150
UTC quote
I'll chime in as it rains here in Portland =) That said, reading thru the replies the one thing I'm not quite clear on is what kind of rain are we talking about. Are you looking to ride in a full day of MidWest Downpour that actually requires a completely waterproof glove or are you just trying to get out on the days where there's a 30% chance of rain and want to make sure that your gloves can hold up to a 10m cloud burst?

It's full on spring here so we go from completely drizzly days to supratic full on rains when the grey clouds roll in. I've currently been wearing a pair of Street & Steel Mulholland gloves that I picked up at CycleGear on sale. They are a non-perf leather with out insulation that has held up well in the rain. They get a bit cool in the wet but never completely soppy.

That said the are not insulated so if you are really asking about winter gloves, I'd revert back to my Inverno's from Corazzo. They are warm due to insulation but a few times they got mildly moist in the full on drenchers, but nothing that was uncomfortable in my 20m commute. I would want to wax or spray them if I was doing a long ride with them.

Speaking of winter gloves if that's really what you are after, the gloves I wish I had bought were the Tempest from Scorpion but again winter gloves and spring are an odd mix but figured I'd toss that data point out there if it's at all helpful.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0851s ][ Queries: 19 (0.0522s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]