Summer Project-2011 GTV Malossi top end (cyl/head/piston)
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
Hooked
GTV-300ie Touring
Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:57 pm quote
So, I've been putting this one off since it's been a pretty cold winter. But, it's warming up quickly here in Bishop, so I decided it was time to get off my ass and build the rig to hold down the scooter while I've got the engine out, to work on the top end.

I had torn down a wind-damaged horse shelter last winter, so I re-purposed the fiberboard and studs to build a stand. I wanted a place to hold the front wheel, and tie-down anchors to hold the frame steady when I remove the engine. I've got a cycle lift I'll use to jack the frame up while it's tied down.

Easy enough to do in a morning, so this was today's result. I'll post more as I get to working on the actual engine. Time for a cold drink and a nap...

IMG_1034.jpeg
Framed up the base, put 2x6 boards for the front wheel chocks

IMG_1035.jpeg
Used 2x6x36" for the tie-downs. Had to rout the counter-sink for the anchors & washers.

IMG_1036.jpeg
Bottom view of the framing, with tie-down piece in place

IMG_1037.jpeg
Spray-painted the "landing strip" so I'll know where to put the stand

IMG_1038.jpeg
Front view of it in the garage. Seems to fit ok.

IMG_1039.jpeg
Rear view of GTV on the jig. I've got a cycle lift I'll use to hold the frame

GTS 300, BV250
Fri May 03, 2019 9:08 pm quote
Your back will thank you if you can get the bike up to waist level. In particular getting two halves apart and back together goes a LOT faster if you can see what you're doing.

I would recommend you think about picking up or borrowing a full MC lift. The Harbor Freight one has been great for me.

What's another $300 and a quick trip down to Ridgecrest after you've already shelled out almost a grand for the kit?

Vm_mj0qyJUWbBjBDKBYbkw5-KXcNMa14OofV_VaUUrMqLMpJrHCilakatPOxbVmBZG3NL-3vDyPC8QTBWK1OeqgCpf-lpoQJvN7BKSSBuuhAbUFPbMiUKGXwF4wZj22O6pkxP2bUf18bZX_CuD4XXqhI81LZYDmFJSb0LQ-t35_3jcQWHlMAHoeJQCanMT41dYX0Crx9anUB9OreIQ4eKtYxjpfeRHS7.jpg

Ossessionato
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold)
Fri May 03, 2019 10:14 pm quote
Thinking?

As you have to remove the variator to get at the timing chain. Then the variator might be easier when still in the bike, Or at very least loosen the nut.
Ossessionato
'15 Blue GTS300 Super, '18 White GTS300 Super
Fri May 03, 2019 11:09 pm quote
It gets a bit more complicated. Remember the centre stand is attached to the engine, so when the engine is out you need another support for the frame. A small jack with a large flat top would be ideal. I've normally used bricks and pieces of wood.
Hooked
GTV-300ie Touring
Sat May 04, 2019 5:17 am quote
GotMojo wrote:
Your back will thank you if you can get the bike up to waist level. In particular getting two halves apart and back together goes a LOT faster if you can see what you're doing.

I would recommend you think about picking up or borrowing a full MC lift. The Harbor Freight one has been great for me.

What's another $300 and a quick trip down to Ridgecrest after you've already shelled out almost a grand for the kit?

I'd love a full lift, but I'm just going to remove the engine and put it on my table saw in the back shed to work on the engine rebuild. I do have a lift to keep the frame elevated while the engine is out.

As for the variator, I'll be doing a service and belt change anyway. I'm at just over 8000 miles on it, and was going to swap out the belt at 9k, so it's due. I did just do an inspection and pulley deglazing at 6k, so I'm sure it's still fine.

Rear brake pads, too, since I've got to remove the rear caliper anyway.

We'll see how things go as I disassemble...
Ossessionato
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold)
Sat May 04, 2019 8:19 am quote
Variator nut is quite tight!
Hooked
GTV-300ie Touring
Sun May 26, 2019 7:38 am quote
So, I used the weekend to remove the engine, finally.

I'll be working later today to actually disassemble the top end. I'll have to post photos of that process as I get into it.

I took the opportunity to replace the rear brake pads, since I had to remove the caliper anyway.

I'll be swapping out the belt, too. I'm at about 8600 miles on the GTV, so it would've been due for a belt change at 9k anyway...

IMG_1117.jpeg
Reference photo, for cable and zip tie locations

IMG_1119.jpeg
Closer look at throttle body and cabling

IMG_1121.jpeg
View of zip ties on coolant hoses

IMG_1122.jpeg
View of the jig, with engine removed

IMG_1123.jpeg
Starboard view of jig, with engine removed

IMG_1124.jpeg
View from top of scooter, engine removed

IMG_1125.jpeg
Top view of engine, after removal

IMG_1126.jpeg
Port view of engine, after removal from fram

Hooked
GTV-300ie Touring
Sun May 26, 2019 5:28 pm quote
So, I got the new top end installed today. There was only one glitch. i was watching the Scooterwest video on the Malossi 300 kit installation, and took special note of the little tips and tricks Jeff always puts in them.

I was especially proud that when disassembling the auto decompression system that I did not drop the nylon bushing from the back of the counterweight as I removed it.

Well, putting it back on, I thought i was being careful, but sure enough, the damned thing slipped off my finger, and disappeared down the camchain tunnel.

I tried looking down there with a flashlight, but didn't see it. I ended up loosening the head bolts, removing the head again, and backing out the cylinder, while holding the camchain up out of the way. I saw the glint of the yellowish nylon off to the side of the lower camchain guide.

I thought I could reach it with curved needlenose pliers, but no joy. I went high tech and used a piece of baling wire, and made a little hook on the end, and managed to fish that sucker out of there without sending it into the bottom end. Whew!

I figured I pushed my luck enough for the day. I zipped up the rest of the engine except for the water pump and cooling hoses. I'll take that up tomorrow, I think.

So far, so good!

IMG_1128.jpeg
Removed stock valve cover. All looks good, drivetrain at TDC

IMG_1129.jpeg
The old cylinder, head removed

IMG_1130.jpeg
The stock head. Not too bad, really.

IMG_1131.jpeg
Pulled the old cylinder and piston off - not too hard.

IMG_1132.jpeg
Stock piston, side view

IMG_1133.jpeg
Stock piston, top view

IMG_1134.jpeg
Looking down into the block

IMG_1135.jpeg
Stock piston, left. Malossi piston, right.

IMG_1136.jpeg
Stock piston, vs new Malossi piston, top view

IMG_1137.jpeg
New cylinder & piston, installed

IMG_1139.jpeg
Malossi v4 head, installed

IMG_1140.jpeg
Malossi v4 head, installed, top view

IMG_1141.jpeg
It was at this step that I dropped that stupid nylon bushing down the camchain tunnel. Grr!

IMG_1143.jpeg
I did manage to get the auto-decompression system back together correctly

IMG_1144.jpeg
All zipped up, ready for engine completion tomorrow.

Hooked
GTV-300ie Touring
Mon May 27, 2019 6:32 pm quote
Ran into another time-consuming glitch today. I mounted the Malossi Forcemaster 2 in the recommended spot (sidewall, top of engine bay, next to diagnostic port) just fine. Use self-tapping sheet metal screws with rubber washers, went right in very solidly.

Went to plug it in while the engine was out, as it is recommended to run the wires that way, as it's much easier, supposedly.

Well, in a 2011 GTV, turns out the coil is *visible* from the engine bay, but pulling the damned coil connector from the ignition side is a major pain in the ass.

I tried just fingers, tried getting a screwdriver to press the tab up, even tried fabricating a tool to pry up the tab from both sides (battery bay side, and engine bay side), with no success at all.

I've never taken the floorboards off, but that's the only way to remove the damned coil from inside the battery bay, where it is bolted.

So, I peeled up the outboard rubber runners on the floorboards, which was easier than I expected, which was nice. I unscrewed the three phillips screws on each side. Removed the aft bolts on the floorboard panel, then finally the center bolt at the back of the battery bay.

Turns out you can't really finagle the floorboard up without removing the passenger pegs. That wasn't hard, but had to use a manual L-allen wrench, as that's all that would fit in the space when the footpegs are extended.

With the footpegs out, I could access the nuts holding the ignition coil, and unscrewed them. I didn't have to actually *remove* the floorboard, just push it up enough to give me clearance for a socket w/extension to unbolt the coil.

Pulled out the coil, and it was easy street after that. But, I spent about three hours trying everything to avoid the floorboard issue. As it was, it would have been far less time to remove the floorboard and just unbolt the coil. Live and learn.

But, the Malossi Forcemaster is now properly hooked up.

I burned so much time on the stupid ignition coil, I couldn't finish today. Oh, well. Better to rest and come at it fresh another day.

Got the engine re-mounted in the bay, closed up the transmission after a belt change and variator/clutch service. Mounted the left rear shock so it's off the lift. Hooked up the cooling system except for the hoses on top of the engine, as I haven't gotten the throttle body back in place.

That's it for today. I'm tired, and going to relax...

IMG_1146.jpeg
Going to service the variator & clutch, change the belt.

IMG_1147.jpeg
New belt, Scooterwest video on 9k service for reference.

IMG_1148.jpeg
New belt installed, variator & clutch cleaned and serviced.

IMG_1149.jpeg
Lifted the floorboard - see those nuts way in there? They hold the ignition coil.

IMG_1150.jpeg
Larger view of the floorboard pried up. Used a towel to keep the floorboard from scratching as I edged it up out of the way (not shown).

IMG_1151.jpeg
Ignition coil unbolted. Plugged the Malossi Forcemaster into the socket on the right, spark plug wire goes in round hole on left.

IMG_1152.jpeg
Eased the engine in, managed to get it off the lift easily enough. That's it for today!

Last edited by biffnix on Tue May 28, 2019 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Addicted
GTS 300
Tue May 28, 2019 4:12 am quote
Watching your posts anxious to see you finish and hearing of your results.
Most likely doing a similar job on my tired Super 300 end of summer.
Hooked
GTV-300ie Touring
Tue May 28, 2019 9:34 am quote
Ran into another minor glitch last night.

After I got the engine installed back in the frame, I was pretty tired.

I got the cables and hoses properly routed, and was in the process of bolting the intake manifold back on, when the third bolt began to cross-thread. I must admit, in my tired state, I was tempted to just force that sucker on. When you see the light at the end of the tunnel, that's when I make my most expensive mistakes.

So, I figured that rather than try to get the bolt to thread properly, I'd give it a rest for the night.

I'll have to run a tap through the bolt hole to fix the cross-thread. No sense in mangling a brand new cylinder for expediency. Hoping to get to it today after work, if I have the right tap.

After that, it's a few more hoses, the electrical connections, and then - try to start it up!
Hooked
GTV-300ie Touring
Wed May 29, 2019 5:20 am quote
Just got a couple of things done last night after work. I ran a tap through the throttle body hole in the new cylinder. Luckily, I didn't cross-thread it much, so it cleaned up easily.

I got the throttle body installed with no issues.

Routed the cables, zip-tied the engine bay, returned wiring harness to the right clips.

Next, I reinstalled the rear brake caliper, after changing the pads. Figured I'd upgrade to new sintered metal pads, because, why not?

Got the air filter replaced with a new Malossi filter. Oiled 'er up and reinstalled the air filter box.

That's all I had time for last night. Traveling to San Francisco tomorrow, so I won't be able to work on it again until after the weekend, so I can't start it up until then. I'm bummed it's been taking so long, but getting familiar with the modern frame Vespas takes time, I suppose. Still have to reinstall the exhaust, rear taillight, battery, and cooling system. Then, I can finally try to start her back up. I'll post more as the project comes to a close.

IMG_1153.jpeg
Top view of engine bay, throttle body reinstalled. Had to run a tap through one of the bolt holes, as I cross-threaded one of 'em.

IMG_1154.jpeg
View of the Malossi Forcemaster 2 module. I used self-tapping sheet metal screws, went right in, fits perfectly.

IMG_1156.jpeg
Close-up of the Malossi Forcemaster 2 installation on the side of the engine bay, near the diagnostic port.

IMG_1157.jpeg
Close-up view of the Forcemaster connection which goes in line with the fuel injector.

IMG_1158.jpeg
Just reinstalled the air filter & box

IMG_1159.jpeg
Rear brake caliper, installed.

IMG_1161.jpeg
Rear view of rear brake caliper, installed with new sintered metal pads.

Hooked
GTV-300ie Touring
Wed May 29, 2019 8:54 am quote
waspmike wrote:
Thinking?

As you have to remove the variator to get at the timing chain.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. I didn't have to remove the variator to get at the timing chain. In fact, I used the variator to move the crankshaft to get things lined up, both during disassembly and reassembly.

This was all a top-end job (cylinder, piston, head, ECU), so no need to remove the variator and crack the bottom end.
Hooked
GTS 250
Wed May 29, 2019 3:18 pm quote
I see from your earlier photos that you have the PM80 exhaust. I also have it, and found that if you have the motor out it is way easier to loosely bolt on the downpipe before putting the motor back in the bike. I've had my motor out more than I would like to admit...

I also shared a few more PM80 tips on this thread: https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?250092-Malossi-Vespa-Mods-Thread-(V4-head-stuff-mainly)&highlight=pm80
Hooked
GTV-300ie Touring
Wed May 29, 2019 6:47 pm quote
AnnDee4444 wrote:
I see from your earlier photos that you have the PM80 exhaust. I also have it, and found that if you have the motor out it is way easier to loosely bolt on the downpipe before putting the motor back in the bike. I've had my motor out more than I would like to admit...

I also shared a few more PM80 tips on this thread: https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?250092-Malossi-Vespa-Mods-Thread-(V4-head-stuff-mainly)&highlight=pm80
Yes, I learned this lesson the first time I installed the exhaust. I definitely did that upon reinstallation. The one thing I noticed right away about the upgrade is that there is no longer any popping on the PM80. That was an unexpected bonus on my break-in ride.
Hooked
GTV-300ie Touring
Wed May 29, 2019 6:59 pm quote
https://youtu.be/E45JqmzXOtg

I was really pleased that it fired right up. No leaks at all, the Forcemaster calibration was super easy.

Everything works great. Electronics function properly, no weird behavior.

The new top end definitely pulls better. I especially noticed how smooth it runs now. Smooth acceleration from 65mph actual, up to about 90mph before I backed off the throttle.

No more popping! The PM80 exhaust really popped a lot on the stock setup. With the new top end and the Forcemaster 2, it flat out doesnít do that anymore. Interesting, anyway. Not sure why. Better fuel management on deceleration I suppose.

Iím very happy with the upgrade. Really feels smooth as buttah at 65, and itís nice to feel it continue to pull above that.
Hooked
GTS 250
Thu May 30, 2019 2:59 pm quote
biffnix wrote:
No more popping! The PM80 exhaust really popped a lot on the stock setup. With the new top end and the Forcemaster 2, it flat out doesnít do that anymore. Interesting, anyway. Not sure why. Better fuel management on deceleration I suppose.
The Malossi Forcemaster likely cuts all fuel & ignition during deceleration. I don't know if you have ever manually cut the ignition at speed, but it probably has the same effect on the sound.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Thu May 30, 2019 3:34 pm quote
Glad you enjoy it and your findings are exactly the same as mine. You really notice the difference at the top end and I roll off the throttle at about the same speed as you. I have been up over 95 and still room left. If one of us ever gets it up to top speed we can let the other know.

Honestly the acceleration is nice at highway speeds and it adds confidence in moving with traffic. I feel I can ride in the left hand lane without the worry of being boxed in. The large frame Vespas handle well at high speed it just takes a little getting used to. Large trucks used to worry me but I find those no longer bother me and when riding at speed they aren't passing you, it's the other way around.

Good on you for doing the installation yourself. I am impressed with the wrenchers we have on here and hope to do some myself when I semi retire. I'm aiming for 55 so it's less than a decade off.
Hooked
GTV-300ie Touring
Thu May 30, 2019 7:13 pm quote
AnnDee4444 wrote:
biffnix wrote:
The Malossi Forcemaster likely cuts all fuel & ignition during deceleration. I don't know if you have ever manually cut the ignition at speed, but it probably has the same effect on the sound.
Makes sense. I was guessing the Forcemaster had more to do with it than the new top end.

Thanks.
Hooked
GTV-300ie Touring
Thu May 30, 2019 7:19 pm quote
Harbinger wrote:
Glad you enjoy it and your findings are exactly the same as mine. You really notice the difference at the top end and I roll off the throttle at about the same speed as you. I have been up over 95 and still room left. If one of us ever gets it up to top speed we can let the other know.

Honestly the acceleration is nice at highway speeds and it adds confidence in moving with traffic. I feel I can ride in the left hand lane without the worry of being boxed in. The large frame Vespas handle well at high speed it just takes a little getting used to. Large trucks used to worry me but I find those no longer bother me and when riding at speed they aren't passing you, it's the other way around.

Good on you for doing the installation yourself. I am impressed with the wrenchers we have on here and hope to do some myself when I semi retire. I'm aiming for 55 so it's less than a decade off.
Heh. Well, I'm 54 already, so I'm almost there. I can retire any time now actually, as I've got over 20 years in my state retirement bank - just a matter of how much a month I want to earn after I retire, versus what I'm earning now. I'm thinking if I can retire by 60, I will. The house is paid off this year, my property tax is low, and the kids are out of the house. My only concern is they're still in college, so when they're out, I'll be ready...

I'll try to get a true century on the top speed when I get back. As you already know, I'm sure, the GTV analog speedometer reads about 10mph higher than you are actually going. I use a speedometer app on my phone to calculate true speed, as there are lots of long, flat roads where I live. I got an honest-to-god 90mph easily, I just didn't want to sustain anything truly WOT until after I've done more break-in runs. We'll see if I can reach the magic 100. I'm sure others have - kind of fun to experience it myself.

Cheers.
Hooked
2009 GTV 250
Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:33 pm quote
Thanks for the write up, biffnix. I'm doing the same Malossi top end and Force Master 2 upgrade to my 250 and just spent an hour scraping knuckles and trying different tools to get that coil connection off. Wish I had read this first. Looks like I'm loosening the floorboard. Darn.
Hooked
GTV-300ie Touring
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:19 pm quote
jjhenry5 wrote:
Thanks for the write up, biffnix. I'm doing the same Malossi top end and Force Master 2 upgrade to my 250 and just spent an hour scraping knuckles and trying different tools to get that coil connection off. Wish I had read this first. Looks like I'm loosening the floorboard. Darn.
Yeah, I wish I had known. It's not that hard to lift the floorboard, really. Have to remove the footpegs, a few bolts, the two outboard rubber strips (gently wiggle them out, or you might tear the bits that "snap" the strips into the floorboard), and use a towel on the aft end (to avoid scratching the paint), if you're just lifting the floorboard enough to get to the ignition coil bolts. If you're removing the whole floorboard, I think you might have to remove the glovebox - I'm not sure, since I didn't do that.

Good luck!
2008 Vespa GTV 250 1962 VBB 1965 VBB
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:19 pm quote
Hey guys,
Iíve just done all the same Malossi upgrade gear in mine and have a couple questions/observations.
Has everyone started with all settings on Ď0í. Map 3?
Mine runs terrific but does pop on decelerations with 2 clicks rich on the 0-2000 rpm setting. Any comments.
Also, wandering if everyone has noticed a significant increase in tappet and exhaust volume. Iím thinking bigger valves and stiffer valve springs. Iíve also put in the 300 cam into my 250.
Cheers
Hooked
GTV-300ie Touring
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:54 am quote
Kevin Dean wrote:
Hey guys,
Iíve just done all the same Malossi upgrade gear in mine and have a couple questions/observations.
Has everyone started with all settings on Ď0í. Map 3?
Mine runs terrific but does pop on decelerations with 2 clicks rich on the 0-2000 rpm setting. Any comments.
Also, wandering if everyone has noticed a significant increase in tappet and exhaust volume. Iím thinking bigger valves and stiffer valve springs. Iíve also put in the 300 cam into my 250.
Cheers
Interesting. I did the throttle calibration as specified in the manual, then set it to map 3, as I've got a performance exhaust, along with the new top end. I do *not* experience popping on deceleration at all, but I have not adjusted the fuel settings away from "0" - just set on map 3.

I do not notice any valve noise at all. I set them pretty carefully per specs. In fact, my GTV runs quieter than stock now. Exhaust volume sounds the same to me as before the new top end. I have a PM Tuning PM-80 "Scomadi" exhaust, with db killer installed.
Hooked
2009 GTV 250
Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:59 am quote
Kevin, I also used a 300 cam in my 250. I'm using map 2 with no trimming as I have the stock exhaust. I don't have any popping. I feel mine is also quieter and smoother.

However, I am running lean at higher rpm so I'm going to put on a wideband air/fuel sensor to fine tune that.

Regarding the earlier discussion on top speed, mine increased from 65 to 73 as seen on my GPS phone. I think I'll get a little more once I tune it, but I'm envious of you 300 guys. I could stand to lose some weight; that'll be my next performance mod. I'd like to be able to use the freeway more comfortably.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:52 am quote
I'll admit my scoot is loud but I run a remus exhaust without the baffle. The Force Master 2 is set to performance and I also have a J. Costa Variator installed. I still don't know what my top end is but I have definitely been up around 100 mph. BTW the scoot handles surprisingly well at those speeds and I only roll off the throttle as I do not want to risk the speeding ticket. I'm going to guess I've put about 2000 kms on since adding the kit and it is starting to feel broken in and opening up a bit more on acceleration. The top end has been there pretty much since day one and it's the acceleration that seems to be smoother and a bit quicker now.

I get no popping on deceleration that is very noticeable but like I said it's pretty loud anyway.

I will say that to anyone considering kitting their scoot to go for it if you have the funds. It's a LOT of fun. Yeah, yeah you can buy a bigger scoot with a bigger engine and I have on of those. The thing is the Vespa is fun to ride as is but add a kit to it and it becomes that much more fun.
Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:20 pm quote
Thanks so much for the input guys. I think a valve clearance check might be needed. Itís the first thing I noticed as different, louder and valve train noise. Had the workshop do the install so Iíll get them to do the first oil change early and set the valves. Has about 400kms.
I have the Malossi exhaust with dB killer by the way. I think Iíll set all to 0 and map 3.
Also, I had the malossi lambda emulator on the bike before the upgrade but didnít re install with the forcemaster. Seems to be some information either way whether to put the two together or not. Any experiences?
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:22 am quote
Getting valve clearance checked tomorrow. Does the Malossi setup use factory gaps? Ie intake .1mm exhaust .15mm.
Hooked
GTV-300ie Touring
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:13 am quote
Kevin Dean wrote:
Getting valve clearance checked tomorrow. Does the Malossi setup use factory gaps? Ie intake .1mm exhaust .15mm.
Yup. From the Malossi v4 Head manual:

Exhaust - 0.15mm
Intake - 0.10mm

MalV4Head.jpg
Specs from the Malossi v4 Head manual

Addicted
1980 P200E project, 2005 Stella Malossi 166 MKIII
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:25 am quote
Awesome job!
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:26 pm quote
Thanks
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:18 pm quote
Following on....
Had the valve clearance checked the other day. Intake fine, exhaust just slightly loose. Still has same ticking tappet noise to me anyway. Idle sound seems normal but when I throttle up its louder than before and when I let off the throttle it quiets down. Approaching idle it gets quiet again. Could it be something else thatís changed? Pretty sure itís not transmission or brake related.
Anyway apart from that the scooter is awesome, lots of power and so much more of a good thing. Been riding with The Mrs and pulling a PAV trailer up and down the hills around Brisbane and never run out of power/torque. The forcemaster is happy with map 3 (have Malossi pipe) and settings at 10-15% fuel increase.
I really donít know how to make this Vespa more fun!
Hooked
GTV-300ie Touring
Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:30 pm quote
So, I decided to try out an Akrapovic exhaust. I have the PM Tuning PM-80 "Scomadi" exhaust, and it looks and sounds great. But, I like the more subtle, throaty sound of the Akrapovic. I got to ride a GTS using it, and thought I'd give it a try, too. I'll ride it around for the summer, and see which one I like more. Haven't noticed a significant "butt dyno" difference between the two so far, but I only just installed it this afternoon. We'll see how it goes after a few more weeks of riding...

Really having fun with the powered-up GTV!

IMG_7831.jpg
Newly-installed Akrapovic exhaust for the GTV. Fun stuff, and I like the more throaty tone.

Hooked
GTS 250
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
[ Time: 0.3321s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0655s) ][ Debug on ]