Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Thu May 09, 2019 5:27 pm quote
irieman wrote:
allout1 wrote:
tortoise wrote:
allout1 wrote:
I'm in San Diego.
Will California require you to have an M drivers license endorsement, and the scooter to be registered, plated, and insured?
No, it's too small. Just have to have a regular DL and helmet.
Respectfully, I believe your assessment on the M1 endorsement to be incorrect (emphasis added):
Quote:
Applying for a motorcycle license
Applying for your motorcycle license is similar to applying for a driver license. There are two classes of motorcycle licenses, Class M1 and Class M2.

With a Class M1, you can operate any 2-wheel motorcycle and any motorized vehicle in Class M2. With a Class M2, you can only operate any motorized bicycle or moped or any bicycle with an attached motor.

Effective January 1, 2006, you may operate a motorized scooter with a Class M1 or M2 driver license. Prior to January 1, 2006, you must have a Class C or higher driver license to operate a motorized scooter.

A motorized scooter is defined as: A two-wheeled "device" powered by a motor with a floorboard that is designed to stand on when riding. The scooter may also have a driver's seat.

-- https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1dmy&urile=wcm:path:/dmv_content_en/dmv/about/2011mc_lic
I could be wrong though.
You're both wrong in a way - but not badly.

A motorized scooter can now be ridden ('driven') with either an M1, M2, or C licence. Note that in CA you do not have to have a C licence (regular car driver's licence) to have an M1 or M2 licence, unlike some other states.
Addicted
GTV 300, [GTV 250], CB500F, SG250, MINI R59
Wed May 15, 2019 6:29 am quote
jimc wrote:
You're both wrong in a way - but not badly. ...
Thanks for the update JimC! I did not notice that stipulation has changed; but you know- once you have the M1, why would you pay attention any longer? *wink*.

have a great day!
Hooked

Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody)
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:20 pm quote
Meanwhile, Back Eastů
I signed up with Revel pretty much the month they rolled our their scooter-share program, which covers the Park Slope and Sunset Park sections of Brooklyn (and somewhat beyond), and Long Island City in Queens. The bikes are unlocked via an app, which also allows you to search for an available scooter. They charge by the minute rather than by the mile, and by my lights it's reasonable. Rules of the road are simple: no highways or bike lanes, and obey all traffic laws. They've been a godsend on more than a few occasions when I needed to procure parts for a tech gig at a critical moment, and they're very popular; I think they could be the proverbial gateway drug toward scooter ownership, but that remains to be seen.

melodyIC03.jpg
Last weekend: Melody and the Revel gang, gettin' along just fine.

Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous12
[ Time: 0.1409s ][ Queries: 27 (0.0257s) ][ Debug on ]