First Scooter, not my first project. (Now going electric!)
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous12345678Next
Author Message
Molto Verboso
62 VBB1T Round Tail W/ leaner sidecar
Joined: 26 Jan 2019
Posts: 1979
Location: california
Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:04 am quote
Merry Xmas gents.
Shipping: tru - but perhaps we can get creative without making a science project out of it. Lemme think about that one a bit. Have a few ideas. Welcome others.

Also - here are a couple more items I would add to your list to ponder.

- I would go with a QS motor if I was going with a hub motor - and a Kelly controller.
- Two types of controllers - one is sinusoidal - thats the one you want for smoother operation.
- Use one of these types of throttle converters - to allow you to keep the stock throttle using cable. - hide it back by the motor - will give you a clean build. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32954909008.html

Will be fun to watch this one.
-CM

Screen Shot 2020-12-25 at 10.03.04 AM.png

Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:27 pm quote
Some bodywork on my Vespa project. Welded a patch to cover the damage, and used POR 15 seam sealer to touch up the rusty areas. Tomorrow I will patch a bad spot on the bottom of the frame.

Before:







After:









Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:28 pm quote
charlieman22 wrote:
Merry Xmas gents.
Shipping: tru - but perhaps we can get creative without making a science project out of it. Lemme think about that one a bit. Have a few ideas. Welcome others.

Also - here are a couple more items I would add to your list to ponder.

- I would go with a QS motor if I was going with a hub motor - and a Kelly controller.
- Two types of controllers - one is sinusoidal - thats the one you want for smoother operation.
- Use one of these types of throttle converters - to allow you to keep the stock throttle using cable. - hide it back by the motor - will give you a clean build. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32954909008.html

Will be fun to watch this one.
-CM
Right what I was thinking:

• QS 205 10 inch hub motor 72v 4000W
• https://qsmotor.en.alibaba.com/product/60740294754-801640143/QS_Motor_10inch_4000W_205_55H_V2_Type_Hub_Motor_for_E_Scooter.html
• Battery is 72v 24.5 Ah rectangle from Em3EV
o No links yet, but going with the same battery size as you, suggestions welcome
o Maybe https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001029160957.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.2a3633f0FXMwk8&algo_pvid=330c5ebd-f778-4ada-ad86-66eae15beac7&algo_expid=330c5ebd-f778-4ada-ad86-66eae15beac7-24&btsid=0bb0624016090101225861122e2b75&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_
• Controller:
o https://kellycontroller.com/shop/kls-h/
o 72V, 80 amp continuous, 200 amp peak
• Brakes
o https://www.amazon.com/BRAKE-MASTER-CYLINDER-CALIPER-ASSEMBLY/dp/B00EGSHBOA
• Misc
o From Kelly:
o 1*x J1 Cable $19.00
o 1*x HWZ Series DC/DC Converter 96V to 12V https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Chaser-regulator-Scooters-Bicycles/dp/B07B6B6HQZ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3EMG62LEM5BTL&dchild=1&keywords=84v+dc+to+dc+converter&qid=1608754208&sprefix=dc+converter+84%2Caps%2C191&sr=8-3
o 1*x KBL96251,24-96V,250A,BLDC Controller/With Regen
o * - Ultra High Speed Motor Option: checked
o 2*x CNL 500A Fuse
o 1*x Emergency Contactor KEMG-125A 125A continuous
o 1*x KBL/KEB J2 Cable
o 1*x Optional Waterproof(KEB/KEB-X
o 1*x Fuse Holder(Ceramic) $7.00
o http://www.eastgem.net/throttle-adapter.html
Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:33 pm quote
Motor photos, including an aftermarket exhaust and a new Ducati coil.



Molto Verboso
62 VBB1T Round Tail W/ leaner sidecar
Joined: 26 Jan 2019
Posts: 1979
Location: california
Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:30 pm quote
Motor looks good to me.
🙂
Lemme look in to some shipping options - will PM you.

As for the specs - looks good from what I had researched.
As previously noted - I would look in to the larger hub - perhaps 12 or even 14.
QS will loan you a Hand at estimating expected top speed and distance if you give them the above specs - and can tell you about the difference in top speed by hub size with these constants.
Ossessionato
1980 P200E , 2005 Stella 177
Joined: 20 Jul 2018
Posts: 2586
Location: Staten Island, NY
Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:38 pm quote
charlieman22 wrote:
Motor looks good to me.
🙂
Lemme look in to some shipping options - will PM you.
And now you got me wondering how much an engine weighs by itself. Never weighed either of mine when they were assembled or out of frame. I have a p125 I can weigh just to see, but the p200 im sure is a little bit more with the bigger cylinder/piston and swing arm.
Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:55 pm quote
charlieman22 wrote:
Motor looks good to me.
🙂
Lemme look in to some shipping options - will PM you.

As for the specs - looks good from what I had researched.
As previously noted - I would look in to the larger hub - perhaps 12 or even 14.
QS will loan you a Hand at estimating expected top speed and distance if you give them the above specs - and can tell you about the difference in top speed by hub size with these constants.
I'll check into that. IIRC a 12" can be substituted with the right tire and profile.
Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:56 pm quote
swiss1939 wrote:
charlieman22 wrote:
Motor looks good to me.
🙂
Lemme look in to some shipping options - will PM you.
And now you got me wondering how much an engine weighs by itself. Never weighed either of mine when they were assembled or out of frame. I have a p125 I can weigh just to see, but the p200 im sure is a little bit more with the bigger cylinder/piston and swing arm.
I'll weigh it tomorrow if I can. My guess is less than 100# as I can lift it myself.
Ossessionato
1980 P200E , 2005 Stella 177
Joined: 20 Jul 2018
Posts: 2586
Location: Staten Island, NY
Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:24 pm quote
My guess is between 65-80lbs?
Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:13 am quote
swiss1939 wrote:
My guess is between 65-80lbs?
Good guess. It is 70 pounds, plus another 6 for the muffler, and likely another 8-10 for all the bits and pieces.

I will have other parts for sale once I am fully committed.
Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:54 pm quote
Next iteration. After doing some new measurements, and adding some ideas, I came up with this.

Before:


New swingarm (mock-up):


Measurements and ideas. Note one side is longer to accommodate the torque lever. I'd slot the ends of the swingarm to allow insertion of the motor. Green arrow is pointing to the locator tube. It will be removed when fully welded.







The arms are doubled 3/8" bar stock, welded together, and 1/4" web bracing.

Thoughts?
Molto Verboso
62 VBB1T Round Tail W/ leaner sidecar
Joined: 26 Jan 2019
Posts: 1979
Location: california
Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:33 pm quote
Jim
Couple things I would think about.
Double bar stock will provide good vertical strength - but I think you might get some side to side flex that would be weird. Wheel will have a lot of leverage over the distance from the axle to the mounting.

If you want to keep the structure super simple - you could gusset top and bottom to box in the section you've made.

Bit fancier would be to add some perpendicular flat stock where you have space - see sketch as example.

Could also do it in tube stock to limit the unsupported flat stock length - see first sketch below.

Swing Arm.jpg
Tube stock version

Swing Arm B.jpg
Flat stock version

Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:56 am quote
I have some 1" round I could split for the sides, and gusset the top/bottom like this:


Last edited by JimVonBaden on Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Molto Verboso
62 VBB1T Round Tail W/ leaner sidecar
Joined: 26 Jan 2019
Posts: 1979
Location: california
Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:02 am quote
Quote:
I have some 1" round I could split for the sides, and gusset the top/bottom like this:
That would make a nice swing arm.
You could use just a little of the flat stock laid perpendicular on the edge of the flat section to create more stiffness if needed.

Also - the hub motors come with either a built in drum brake - or you can buy a separate disc brake. The disc brake mounts to the swing arm - so you need a little tab for it.

Disc means you have to sort out a hydraulic solution for the foot pedal.
Easy button is to just get the drum version - which should still provide enough stopping power to easily make it skid.

Here is a link for the mounting bracket if you go disc - they are inexpensive an d look cool - these guys show a picture of it in place I posted below. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32835742989.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.59562e0e76fEEN

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 8.58.36 AM.png
If you zoom in on the last 5 inches of the swing arm - you can see they have a perpendicular piece welded top and bottom of the flat section

Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:04 am quote
That is outstanding information! Thanks!
Hooked
1958 Allstate Super Cruisaire 2005 70cc Yamaha Vino
Joined: 23 Aug 2020
Posts: 141
Location: Philadelphia
Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:29 pm quote
I'm here for the electric conversion. Once they get better range and top speed I'd be in to convert. Although my reasons would be more environmental, I'm not sure the exhaust is much worse than the lithium battery being mined in the short term, I suppose long term it would end up being better though. I did see some batteries were being developed that should last a lifetime. That I could get behind.

Basically I'd need and electric engine to match gas powered engine performance (top speed and mpg). People around here drive like 25mph roads are an interstate so I need a high top speed and better than 60mi range. The range isn't as big of a set back though. Could always just plug her in to top her off if needs be.
Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:56 pm quote
FridayMatinee wrote:
I'm here for the electric conversion. Once they get better range and top speed I'd be in to convert. Although my reasons would be more environmental, I'm not sure the exhaust is much worse than the lithium battery being mined in the short term, I suppose long term it would end up being better though. I did see some batteries were being developed that should last a lifetime. That I could get behind.

Basically I'd need and electric engine to match gas powered engine performance (top speed and mpg). People around here drive like 25mph roads are an interstate so I need a high top speed and better than 60mi range. The range isn't as big of a set back though. Could always just plug her in to top her off if needs be.
The battery I ordered, with the rest of it, should allow about a 50 mile range, maybe more with a soft throttle, no hills and a lighter driver

Top speed should be near 50 mph.

Time will tell.
Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:57 pm quote
Battery ordered: 72v 38ah With 150A BMS eon lithium ICR21700 cells, $1K

More about to be ordered:
* Electric Motor QS Motor 10inch 205 4000W 72V 85km/h
* Controller Kelly QSKLS7245H
* HWZ Series DC/DC Converter 96V to 12V
* Hydraulic Brakes Electric Scooter Disc Brake Set for Motorcycle
* J1 Cable
* 2*x CNL 500A Fuse
* Emergency Contactor KEMG-125A 125A continuous
* KBL/KEB J2 Cable
* Throttle
* 10 AWG copper wire
* H4 LED headlight
8 LED lights for tail and turn signals, as well as speedo
* much more as I go.

Still refining the swingarm.

I hope to complete this by March when the weather improves. I still have a ton of paint prep and paint, then a lot of little details.
Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 225
Joined: 02 Nov 2019
Posts: 1404
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:12 pm quote
JimVonBaden wrote:
Battery ordered: 72v 38ah With 150A BMS eon lithium ICR21700 cells, $1K

More about to be ordered:
* Electric Motor QS Motor 10inch 205 4000W 72V 85km/h
* Controller Kelly QSKLS7245H
* HWZ Series DC/DC Converter 96V to 12V
* Hydraulic Brakes Electric Scooter Disc Brake Set for Motorcycle
* J1 Cable
* 2*x CNL 500A Fuse
* Emergency Contactor KEMG-125A 125A continuous
* KBL/KEB J2 Cable
* Throttle
* 10 AWG copper wire
* H4 LED headlight
8 LED lights for tail and turn signals, as well as speedo
* much more as I go.




Still refining the swingarm.

I hope to complete this by March when the weather improves. I still have a ton of paint prep and paint, then a lot of little details.
I was looking at that list, the motor in particular. Wondering if you can get a version to use an 84v or 96v battery? I see they offer a few versions and wiring.
Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:16 pm quote
Christopher_55934 wrote:
JimVonBaden wrote:
Battery ordered: 72v 38ah With 150A BMS eon lithium ICR21700 cells, $1K

More about to be ordered:
* Electric Motor QS Motor 10inch 205 4000W 72V 85km/h
* Controller Kelly QSKLS7245H
* HWZ Series DC/DC Converter 96V to 12V
* Hydraulic Brakes Electric Scooter Disc Brake Set for Motorcycle
* J1 Cable
* 2*x CNL 500A Fuse
* Emergency Contactor KEMG-125A 125A continuous
* KBL/KEB J2 Cable
* Throttle
* 10 AWG copper wire
* H4 LED headlight
8 LED lights for tail and turn signals, as well as speedo
* much more as I go.




Still refining the swingarm.

I hope to complete this by March when the weather improves. I still have a ton of paint prep and paint, then a lot of little details.
I was looking at that list, the motor in particular. Wondering if you can get a version to use an 84v or 96v battery? I see they offer a few versions and wiring.
72 was as high as I saw with 4KW and a 10" hub. But email QS, they are responsive.
Hooked
1958 Allstate Super Cruisaire 2005 70cc Yamaha Vino
Joined: 23 Aug 2020
Posts: 141
Location: Philadelphia
Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:09 pm quote
Nice, watching this for the end result and the long term performance updates.
Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:07 am quote
Just a reminder of where this started, and the motor running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTneUGxI_aA
Molto Verboso
62 VBB1T Round Tail W/ leaner sidecar
Joined: 26 Jan 2019
Posts: 1979
Location: california
Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:13 am quote
Quote:
72 was as high as I saw with 4KW and a 10" hub. But email QS, they are responsive.
JVB - did they give you some expected top speeds? was it any higher with a larger hub? interested to know.

Tks!
Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:09 am quote
charlieman22 wrote:
Quote:
72 was as high as I saw with 4KW and a 10" hub. But email QS, they are responsive.
JVB - did they give you some expected top speeds? was it any higher with a larger hub? interested to know.

Tks!
Top speed depends on battery size, motor size and wheel size. A 10" is going to likely top out at 50mph with a smaller battery. With a 12" wheel, you can pass 60 mph, but lose a little on the low end. This is my understanding.
Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 225
Joined: 02 Nov 2019
Posts: 1404
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:44 pm quote
JimVonBaden wrote:
charlieman22 wrote:
Quote:
72 was as high as I saw with 4KW and a 10" hub. But email QS, they are responsive.
JVB - did they give you some expected top speeds? was it any higher with a larger hub? interested to know.

Tks!
Top speed depends on battery size, motor size and wheel size. A 10" is going to likely top out at 50mph with a smaller battery. With a 12" wheel, you can pass 60 mph, but lose a little on the low end. This is my understanding.
That's why I am curious about a higher voltage motor, going to try and email them and see what they say.

How did you end up specifying that exact motor? I noticed they list a few different sizes on their website.
Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:00 pm quote
Christopher_55934 wrote:
JimVonBaden wrote:
charlieman22 wrote:
Quote:
72 was as high as I saw with 4KW and a 10" hub. But email QS, they are responsive.
JVB - did they give you some expected top speeds? was it any higher with a larger hub? interested to know.

Tks!
Top speed depends on battery size, motor size and wheel size. A 10" is going to likely top out at 50mph with a smaller battery. With a 12" wheel, you can pass 60 mph, but lose a little on the low end. This is my understanding.
That's why I am curious about a higher voltage motor, going to try and email them and see what they say.

How did you end up specifying that exact motor? I noticed they list a few different sizes on their website.
For a few reasons. Partly because Resistor went with it and partly price. The higher voltage the more the cost, and generally the larger the battery. There is a 5000Watt 10" hub motor that may be better for power, but I am trying to balance power, battery size, speed and miles per charge.
Ossessionato
76 Sprint V, 63 GL, 62 VBB, 05 Stella
Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Posts: 2974
Location: Nashville
Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:14 pm quote
Damn...I wish I'd been paying closer attention to that thread. I'd have thrown my hand up for the P200 motor. Oh, well...if CM 2.0 is getting it, it's going to a good home.

That text from SoCal about shipping costs also makes a lot more sense now!

I'll be interested to see how the electric build turns out. I played with a different design approach a year or so ago, to convert a damaged set of cases to run off an electric motor. I may still go there, but other things have gotten in the way since then.

Keep up the great work! I'm learning about bodywork off this thread, which will be on my to-do list...eventually...
Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:16 pm quote
chandlerman wrote:
Damn...I wish I'd been paying closer attention to that thread. I'd have thrown my hand up for the P200 motor. Oh, well...if CM 2.0 is getting it, it's going to a good home.

That text from SoCal about shipping costs also makes a lot more sense now!

I'll be interested to see how the electric build turns out. I played with a different design approach a year or so ago, to convert a damaged set of cases to run off an electric motor. I may still go there, but other things have gotten in the way since then.

Keep up the great work! I'm learning about bodywork off this thread, which will be on my to-do list...eventually...
There is a guy who put a motor in the swingarm of his small frame. It worked, but he later switched to a hub motor. Just cleaner and lighter.

The funny part is that, other than sourcing a battery, the swingarm has proven the most real work so far. I think I have a good design now, since no one sells one, and to have it made would be $500 or more. Part of the issue is the large frame has a wider frame where the engine mounts, and where the swingarm mounts, 180mm to 210mm.

This is my current effort. I will not weld it until I have the motor in hand, just to make sure my bends are right.

Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:10 pm quote



Updated drawing for the bracing.
Molto Verboso
62 VBB1T Round Tail W/ leaner sidecar
Joined: 26 Jan 2019
Posts: 1979
Location: california
Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:47 am quote
Muuuuch better.
Like this design a lot.
Once gusseted - will be excellent.
Nice evolution.
Quote:
There is a guy who put a motor in the swingarm of his small frame.
This is the route that keeps the gears - but more complicated/heavy as you note.
Seen a few myself - some cleaner than others...
Do you have any pics of that one?
Would be interested to see.
Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:12 am quote
charlieman22 wrote:
Muuuuch better.
Like this design a lot.
Once gusseted - will be excellent.
Nice evolution.
Quote:
There is a guy who put a motor in the swingarm of his small frame.
This is the route that keeps the gears - but more complicated/heavy as you note.
Seen a few myself - some cleaner than others...
Do you have any pics of that one?
Would be interested to see.
One link to an old effort: Electric 150 Super
Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:44 pm quote
Not the best welder, especially thin sheet metal, but I had a rust spot next to the brake pedal hole, pretty common area. So I cut it out and bent/welded in a patch. I forgot to take a photo of hitting the whole area inside with rust inhibitor.

I tried to cut the patch on the joint so the metal would be thicket. I mostly succeeded.









Now just waiting on all the electric pieces, so I am going to take on the bodywork and primer. I wont paint until I have the electrical complete. I may need to do some more body mods.
Molto Verboso
62 VBB1T Round Tail W/ leaner sidecar
Joined: 26 Jan 2019
Posts: 1979
Location: california
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:39 pm quote
Lookin quite good.
Grinder can be your friend...
Sheet metal welding:
Two basic rules to make it better.

1. no gaps. Get it pressed down and or fit tight between patch and parent material. Woooorld of difference... and if u have a gap - stitch weld starting where u don’t have a gap and walk into the gapped area putting the bead on top of your last bead - building into the gap. Gap welding otherwise = burn through.
2. When stitch welding - let the prior tack glow die down before next tack. This will keep it cooler and avoid warp.
Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 225
Joined: 02 Nov 2019
Posts: 1404
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:22 am quote
Motor Voltage Response
Hello Christopher,

Thanks for your email regarding the 10inch 4000W Hub Motor

The motor is able to work both from 48V,60V,72v,84v or 96v, and it is the same motor without any dimensions changes

The only difference is that the motor speed will be changed with different voltgage working, higher voltage with higher speed


If you have any other questions, just let me know.


Waiting for your reply.

Thanks and regards,
[/quote]


I was wondering about this, I've added an extra 12 volt battery in series to a few 48 volt golf carts, the limit was the controller, the motor was fine with the extra voltage.

Last edited by Christopher_55934 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Enthusiast
'13 LML '70 Sprint Veloce
Joined: 01 Aug 2019
Posts: 68
Location: London
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:35 am quote
I'm loving this and watching with interest- I do plan to convert one of mine some day for use in central London.
Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:42 am quote
1*x HWZ Series DC/DC Converter 96V to 12V (in kit)
ebike throttle
Electric Motor QS Motor 10inch 205 4000W 72V 85km/h
Kelly Sine Wave Controller KLS7245H with IP66
Brake kit
34ah 72V battery, custom made
Display, controller
J1 Cable
2*x CNL 500A Fuse
Emergency Contactor KEMG-125A 125A continuous
KBL/KEB J2 Cable

All ordered, $2K in parts! Yikes, I hope it works!
Molto Verboso
62 VBB1T Round Tail W/ leaner sidecar
Joined: 26 Jan 2019
Posts: 1979
Location: california
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:38 am quote
Quote:
1*x HWZ Series DC/DC Converter 96V to 12V (in kit)
ebike throttle
Electric Motor QS Motor 10inch 205 4000W 72V 85km/h
Kelly Sine Wave Controller KLS7245H with IP66
Brake kit
34ah 72V battery, custom made
Display, controller
J1 Cable
2*x CNL 500A Fuse
Emergency Contactor KEMG-125A 125A continuous
KBL/KEB J2 Cable

All ordered, $2K in parts! Yikes, I hope it works!
Hey - awesome!
Curious - did you source through AliExpress or from one of the US based ebike joints?
Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:30 am quote
charlieman22 wrote:
Quote:
1*x HWZ Series DC/DC Converter 96V to 12V (in kit)
ebike throttle
Electric Motor QS Motor 10inch 205 4000W 72V 85km/h
Kelly Sine Wave Controller KLS7245H with IP66
Brake kit
34ah 72V battery, custom made
Display, controller
J1 Cable
2*x CNL 500A Fuse
Emergency Contactor KEMG-125A 125A continuous
KBL/KEB J2 Cable

All ordered, $2K in parts! Yikes, I hope it works!
Hey - awesome!
Curious - did you source through AliExpress or from one of the US based ebike joints?
I started looking at AliExpress, but ended up buying from the source for the main components, and Amazon for the rest.
http://www.qs-motor.com/product/new-design-10inch-1000w-4000w-hub-motor-for-electric-scooter/
Molto Verboso
62 VBB1T Round Tail W/ leaner sidecar
Joined: 26 Jan 2019
Posts: 1979
Location: california
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:33 am quote
Cool.
I was surprised at how well they (QS) responded to my questions - and were able to educate me pretty quickly.
They have an Aliexpress shop as well.
Looking forward to seeing how this comes together.
Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 225
Joined: 02 Nov 2019
Posts: 1404
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:43 am quote
JimVonBaden wrote:
1*x HWZ Series DC/DC Converter 96V to 12V (in kit)
ebike throttle
Electric Motor QS Motor 10inch 205 4000W 72V 85km/h
Kelly Sine Wave Controller KLS7245H with IP66
Brake kit
34ah 72V battery, custom made
Display, controller
J1 Cable
2*x CNL 500A Fuse
Emergency Contactor KEMG-125A 125A continuous
KBL/KEB J2 Cable

All ordered, $2K in parts! Yikes, I hope it works!
What does the battery management system look like for this? From the cell information I can find it looks like you should be able to charge those at 2.450 amps for a standard charge. So that should be about a 17 amp 72 volt charger, or about a 1000 watts? Should be able to charge using a standard 15 amp wall outlet.

Last edited by Christopher_55934 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Rallies Europe 2016   DoubleGood Vespa T-Shirts   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous12345678Next
[ Time: 0.1945s ][ Queries: 27 (0.0503s) ][ Debug on ]