Times I wish I had 007's armed DB5!
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
Addicted
2018 LIBERTY 150S
Tue May 07, 2019 6:46 am quote
My favorite stupid stupid-driver move, again today!

Speeding S-10 (truck) came up along my right knee and passed me in a one lane street.
Had a little chat with the driver at the next light. And the next stop sign. And the next light.
35mph divided blvd, one lane each side - I was riding the speed limit.
Earlier today, I snapped this photo of the same street while heading downtown.

Anyway....other than that it was a nice sunrise ride for coffee.
Hotel downtown, across from the fountain...

And another sunrise...

Still a little peeved...O.S.
Vespa Sprint 150
Tue May 07, 2019 8:31 am quote
:shakesfist: glad you made it out safe! Great pics
Molto Verboso
'08 Gunuine Buddy 150 St Tropez 'Simon' '04 Honda Metropolitian 'Archie' [Sadly had to trade it away ;-( ]
Thu May 09, 2019 3:38 am quote
OldSchooot wrote:
Happy to hear ďpeevedĒ is all you are......

You state you were going the speed limit, car drivers donít care, they just have to be in front of the Ďmopedí. Iím regularly passed even if Iím exceeding the speed limit. I had an incident several years ago, I was going about 50-55 mph in an area posted at 35 mph and someone actually bumped me hollering out his window that I was a f%#*ín slowpoke and should get off the road.
Ossessionato
BV350, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Thu May 09, 2019 4:00 am quote
Re: Times I wish I had 007's armed DB5!
OldSchooot wrote:
My favorite stupid stupid-driver move, again today!
Had a little chat with the driver at the next light. And the next stop sign. And the next light.
Just let it go. Don't let it spoil your day. Don't take a chance of getting shot at the third light.
Molto Verboso
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2007 Burgman 400
Wed May 15, 2019 11:17 am quote
You Can Not Fix Stupid Drivers
Thanks for the photos. Please do not do battle with a 1 ton vehicle.
I care about your safety - not that twit.

I try to ride like the Mahatma Gandhi. Under my breath, I swear like a sailor.

Bob Copeland
My group ride is raining out with 50 degrees this Saturday.
Hooked
GTS 300
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:13 pm quote
I only have my GTS300 for 3 weeks and already had cagers tailgating and beeping me although I was exceeding the limit.
So I bought and installed the ScooterWest brake light flasher and it put cagers at bay.
Since all lights on my 2018 were converted to LED [i paid dearly] the brake light flashes 5 times fast or it can be set to flash slower when i pull the brake levers.
Even when we drive fast the cagers still don't want to be behind us.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:30 pm quote
I agree with everyone that your safety is key. It's not worth the argument and a 1 ton cage will win all the time.

I don't get speed limits, they seem to be an imaginary thing and I rarely go them just because of the experience you had. OK fine I also enjoy going fast but if everyone did the limit so would I. Instead I just go what the perceived limit is for where I normally ride, just seems safer. On county roads in Ontario with an 80kmh limit I know all too well it really means 100. Freeways aren't as bad as you can usually do the limit if you want in the right lane. But 100 kmh really means 120-140 in the left lanes. 120 kmh is safe above that and you are in ticket territory. In the city generally bump it up 10 kmh and police will actually go these speeds when just driving around. So 40 means 50, 30 means 40 etc....

FWIW I am a very safe rider with an excellent track record and every advanced course under my belt that you can take that is not on a race track.

Stay safe and keep posting pictures, something you have a passion and talent for.
Missouri Loves Company Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
[ Time: 0.2492s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0361s) ][ Debug on ]