Popo got my scoot scoot
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Enthusiast
mp3 500 '08
Thu May 09, 2019 10:10 am quote
Ok guys let me hear it...was I wrong?

At the time I was only focused on driver in front of me...and didn't want to stop in the intersection. I generally don't lane split in NYC as it's illegal so the first time I do it LOL. boom.

https://youtu.be/Cdw-91BpsQg
Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Thu May 09, 2019 10:55 am quote
Gee, how many traffic laws did you break at once?

You didn't stop before making a left turn, then passed a car that was in a traffic lane. You can call it lane splitting, but if it's not legal in NYC, then you're gonna feel the hammer fall when you do that kind of stuff in front of Johnny Law.
Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 (sold) MP3 500 (current)
Thu May 09, 2019 11:00 am quote
Yep, you were wrong. If you had stopped at the stop sign you would have not been committed to the intersection when the car stopped and would not have had to pass illegally. And it looks like you could have stopped on the crosswalk effectively out of the intersection. But it was nice of them to let you go with a warning.
Molto Verboso
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Thu May 09, 2019 11:16 am quote
HA! You call that lane splitting? smh.

IT's obvious the white SUV you passed was stopping to be courteous to let the police vehicle get by since there was only room for one vehicle. But I guess you never considered why he was stopped? Good thing it was the police SUV that was there and you were able to squeeze past and not a box truck or you would have been a smear on the road. You need to start paying attention (Stop Sign and the stopped SUV) or you won't be alive long.
Enthusiast
mp3 500 '08
Thu May 09, 2019 12:03 pm quote
Real talk guys thanks...I'll clean up my act!
Addicted
1980 P200E project, 2005 Stella Malossi 166 MKIII
Thu May 09, 2019 2:12 pm quote
That's just normal driving on Staten Island. I see cars doing that shit all the time!

BTW what is that remote controlled video camera you got? interesting. But i'll be a downer again and point out how you controlling the camera panning at the same time as driving like that? It might have played into the mistakes! At least you got off without anything this time!
Enthusiast
mp3 500 '08
Fri May 10, 2019 2:05 am quote
swiss1939 wrote:
That's just normal driving on Staten Island. I see cars doing that shit all the time!

BTW what is that remote controlled video camera you got? interesting. But i'll be a downer again and point out how you controlling the camera panning at the same time as driving like that? It might have played into the mistakes! At least you got off without anything this time!
When i lived in Brooklyn and routinely saw people pop u turns right in front of police but I got pulled over for and ticketed for riding a bike on the sidewalk. And a delivery person rode right past us while I was getting a ticket...on the sidewalk with his bike. All I can do is shake my head.

That was post production 360 cam.

rig2.jpg

Ossessionato
2016 MP3/500 Sport ABS, 2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie
Fri May 10, 2019 3:42 am quote
Ever take a MSF Class?
Maybe you should, and you will get a discount on your Insurance.

Keith,
Marietta, GA
Enthusiast
mp3 500 '08
Fri May 10, 2019 5:45 am quote
klaborde wrote:
Ever take a MSF Class?
Maybe you should, and you will get a discount on your Insurance.

Keith,
Marietta, GA
Hi Keith

Sadly enough I was the only perfect score on the road test in my NYC MSF class. What I did in class has to be brought to the street.

I only ride for commuting purposes so any vids I post is me going to or from work. I'm mainly on the highway and try to avoid the surface streets when I can. The highway where I exit was closed that day so I shouldn't have even been there. Crazy.
Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500
Fri May 10, 2019 6:32 am quote
Jeez guys, don't pile on the OP. It was an interesting video, and I agree that it was lucky to get off with a warning, but one slightly sketchy turn doesn't necessarily imply that nktwrk is a bad driver in general. It's not like I've never passed a car that was doing something funny like stopping in the middle of the street for no apparent reason.
Molto Verboso
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Fri May 10, 2019 8:18 am quote
Squeazel wrote:
Jeez guys, don't pile on the OP. It was an interesting video, and I agree that it was lucky to get off with a warning, but one slightly sketchy turn doesn't necessarily imply that nktwrk is a bad driver in general. It's not like I've never passed a car that was doing something funny like stopping in the middle of the street for no apparent reason.
Yes, we have all passed a stopped car, but I'd like to think that we all processed in our minds why it was stopped and looked ahead before we acted.

No one here is trying to be mean or come off as a know it all. I have, and probably most here, have made a mistake while riding and maybe thought afterwards, "I need to be more careful" or "I need to pay attention better."

The OP asked if he was wrong and told us to let him have it, in those words.

Fri May 10, 2019 8:19 am
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?
Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 (sold) MP3 500 (current)
Fri May 10, 2019 9:15 am quote
That is a cool camera. How do you mount it to your scoot?
Hooked
MP3 hpe 500 sport Advanced " Missy "
Sun May 26, 2019 8:27 am quote
Vintage1 wrote:
Squeazel wrote:
Yes, we have all passed a stopped car, but I'd like to think that we all processed in our minds why it was stopped and looked ahead before we acted.

No one here is trying to be mean or come off as a know it all. I have, and probably most here, have made a mistake while riding and maybe thought afterwards, "I need to be more careful" or "I need to pay attention better."

The OP asked if he was wrong and told us to let him have it, in those words.
Sadly I must agree with Vintage! We've all made stupid mistakes at one time or another and have told ourselves to pay better attention and I also made my share of mistakes!!
2019 Fall Gathering - September 12 - 15, Hungry Mother State Park, Marion, VA   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.2789s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0352s) ][ Debug on ]