Best aftermarket exhaust with rear crash bars
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
GTS 300
Sun May 12, 2019 12:07 am quote
Hi
New to the forum and Vespa ownership.
I have a 2017 70th Anniversary GTS 300 and would like to change out the OEM exhaust for something new.
I would love an Akrapovic but have read that they hit the rear rails when installed. Anyone have experience of this?
What other good makes are there that will fit and accommodate the rear coach bars?

Thanks all
Ossessionato
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Sun May 12, 2019 10:42 am quote
Look at Remus exhausts. I have one and am happy with it.
Addicted
GTS 300 Super
Mon May 13, 2019 9:32 am quote
My riding buddy has a 2018 Sei Giorno 300cc with Rear crash bars and a Malossi. No problems there with his ride.
Hooked
Vespa P200E
Tue May 14, 2019 7:41 am quote
I'm not speaking from experience here, but my impression is that it depends on what crash bars you are using. Which ones are on your scoot?

The example I've seen most when searching for the issue is whn you have an Akrapovic and the Faco crash bars.
Looking at a picture, it's clear that the rear mount for those bars extend quite far down, which, and I might be wrong here, is what crunches into the exhaust when the rear suspension is fully compressed.

However, the large wraparound OEM bars don't connect at this point at all, and gives a pretty wide gap around the body, so I expect that those won't cause any issues.

I just yesterday attached a pair of the simple single-bar Cuppinis, partly because I like the minimalist style (although with less protection) and partly because they are less than $50 at SIP. They attach to the same spot in the rear as the Facos, but hang down a little less. When (if?) I change out my stock exhaust I'll have to re-evaluate if they will be an issue.
GTS 300
Tue May 14, 2019 8:16 am quote
Thank you for the replies so far.
I have ordered a Scorpion Red Power full system, seemed to be Considerably cheaper than an Akrapovic system, British made and with a lifetime warranty. I couldnít let it pass.
Iíll add some pics once it all arrives and is installed.
Fingers crossed all goes well.
Hooked
Vespa P200E
Tue May 14, 2019 8:24 am quote
Matt748 wrote:
I have ordered a Scorpion Red Power full system, seemed to be Considerably cheaper than an Akrapovic system, British made and with a lifetime warranty. I couldnít let it pass.
Keep us up to date with a review!
What crash bars do you have?
Addicted
Vespa GTS Super
Wed May 15, 2019 4:50 am quote
No issues with mine

A9C03620-3040-4E3D-A2B1-663D45D81500.jpeg

GTV 300 ie
Thu May 16, 2019 11:45 pm quote
Akrapovic exhaust and crash bars
Yes I had the very same issue with my 2017 300 GTV when I ride two up with my wife. I had the Logo scooter rear crash bars from Scooter West and they would just pummel the rivets on the Akrapovic exhaust on any big bump. But they did look really awesome and very neat/tidy, close to the scooter.

Then I changed out the rear shocks to some Bitubo shocks to see if that would help out. It didn't, but did improve handling when just riding solo. So had to buy the Fehling crash bars which look great and more importantly don't hit the exhaust. But I hear that the Vespa ones are also good and don't hit the exhaust either. But personally i didn't like that the Vespa ones were not as body hugging as the Fehling.

I got the Feelings from SIP, took about 20 days to get to me. And horrible very vague and difficult to understand instructions as well. But well worth the wait and expense and the added protection if you get both the front and rear crash bars on your vespa. They also have extra protection that follow the curve of the whole rear pane, They also have an option to put sidebags if you get the other Fehling rear crash bars. So many options. Good luck!
GTS 300
Fri May 17, 2019 10:57 am quote
mathias wrote:
Matt748 wrote:
Keep us up to date with a review!
What crash bars do you have?
I have the OEM Vespa bars installed.
Iíll be fitting the new pipe tomorrow, hopefully will look like the picture from the Scorpion website when complete, although mine is grey.

8E2CA6E2-2658-496E-9836-D99860AC5FD3.png

Your Rally Here   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2295s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0412s) ][ Debug on ]