Updates
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Hooked
MP3 500 LT " Matilda"
Mon May 27, 2019 1:12 pm quote
Hello fellow Impies. I have a question that maybe somebody could help me with. My Matilda is 6 years old now. About two or three weeks ago I went to the Piaggio Dealer in Stuttgart Germany and about updates for my Scooter. The Mechanic that there are no more updates for a 2013 MP3 500 Sport LT. Is this true or was he trying to sale me a new Scooter? Your imput would be highly appriciated. Thanks a Mill guys.
Hooked
MP3 500 LT " Matilda"
Mon May 27, 2019 1:15 pm quote
Re: Updates
Hillbilly Fred wrote:
Hello fellow Impies. I have a question that maybe somebody could help me with. My Matilda is 6 years old now. About two or three weeks ago I went to the Piaggio Dealer in Stuttgart Germany and about updates for my Scooter. The Mechanic that there are no more updates for a 2013 MP3 500 Sport LT. Is this true or was he trying to sale me a new Scooter? Your imput would be highly appriciated. Thanks a Mill guys.
Sorry! I'm missing a few words in this Post
Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2010 Can Am Spyder RT-S, 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Mon May 27, 2019 1:43 pm quote
Hillbilly Fred wrote:
What sort of update are you looking for?
Is the scooter running well, or is there a problem?
I have a 2008, it's running fine, so, well, I personally don't care if there is an update or no.
Hooked
MP3 500 LT " Matilda"
Tue May 28, 2019 10:51 am quote
Madison Sully wrote:
Hillbilly Fred wrote:
What sort of update are you looking for?
Is the scooter running well, or is there a problem?
I have a 2008, it's running fine, so, well, I personally don't care if there is an update or no.
Hello Sully. I asked the Mechanic if I might need an update because of the bad fuel consumption I was getting and he told me that there are no more updates for the Scooter at all. That's how I interpreted what he said at least.
Hooked
Gilera Fuoco, 1973 Norton Commando 850
Thu May 30, 2019 7:36 pm quote
I'm certainly no expert in these matters, but IMO

1. The ECU in your MP3 is pretty old school, and may not be susceptible to the newer type of flash updating procedure that is available for more modern bikes/scoots.
2. Piaggio is no longer interested in developing the software for scoots of that age.

I have a 2007 Gilera Fuoco and it hasn't had any updates for more than 10 years, and still goes great.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Hooked
MP3 500 LT " Matilda"
Fri May 31, 2019 12:03 am quote
Diver3284 wrote:
I'm certainly no expert in these matters, but IMO

1. The ECU in your MP3 is pretty old school, and may not be susceptible to the newer type of flash updating procedure that is available for more modern bikes/scoots.
2. Piaggio is no longer interested in developing the software for scoots of that age.

I have a 2007 Gilera Fuoco and it hasn't had any updates for more than 10 years, and still goes great.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Your Info is important to me Diver3284. Donot underestimate yourself,because your "2 Cents" is worth more than you think. So thank you for the information.
Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.2954s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0573s) ][ Debug on ]