@tunz avatar
UTC

Lurker
GT200L

Lurker
@tunz avatar
GT200L
UTC quote
Does the Vespa GT200L still look the goods, modern & sleek? Or is too big, too auto, too old?
A wild GT200L in a park
A wild GT200L in a park
Does my butt look big?
Does my butt look big?
@bdonley avatar
UTC

Hooked
2009 Piaggio BV 250 Tourer

Hooked
@bdonley avatar
2009 Piaggio BV 250 Tourer
UTC quote
Looks good to me!
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@mike_holland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS300 Super 2015 Blue, GTS300 Super 2023 Beige

Ossessionato
@mike_holland avatar
GTS300 Super 2015 Blue, GTS300 Super 2023 Beige
UTC quote
After the "chunkiness" of my PX200, I loved the flush indicators, flush taillight and smooth curves of the GT. I have always thought that the GT rack was a better mount for a topbox than the later chrome plumbing affairs. Steadier and looked like part of the scooter rather than balloon floating behind.

But the horn cover was disappointing. I far prefer the chevron style of the recent GTSs, and the necktie on the new HPE models.
OP
@tunz avatar
UTC

Lurker
GT200L

Lurker
@tunz avatar
GT200L
UTC quote
Ditto

I agree Mike, the smoothness of the rear with a sharper styling more away from the classic legshield would be great. The iGet seems to be getting somegood workouts online. I am curious as the smaller capacity models no longer have bar end weights? A rebalance of crank, mounts or ? No more swapping out barends when changing away from topbox?
@brighton_belle avatar
UTC

Hooked
GT200

Hooked
@brighton_belle avatar
GT200
UTC quote
GT200 are great wouldn't change mine[/img]
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
UTC quote
Brighton Belle wrote:
GT200 are great wouldn't change mine[/img]
Ah, the modern Mod. Cool. I've seen a little of the movement but honestly just from MV. I imagine there are a few in Toronto but my days in the scene are long behind me. Is Ben Sherman still a thing? I see LOTS of Fred Perry but that could just be because the laurels are striking. I also seem to see a lot of Adidas which was not a thing when I was a mod but it may be now? That's again just from what I've seen here. I guess I could google it if I wanted to but I'd rather get an opinion from someone here.

Is Motown still a thing with mods? It'd be a shame if not as there was a LOT of great music out of the motor city. I loved The Jam, Purple Hearts, The Who etc but we still loved the roots they came from and the music .

Yes, GT200's are awesome. Not quite a P200E but hey still a great scoot and unlike my P's you didn't need to measure 2-stroke oil every time you filled up.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0287s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0039s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]